School me on obamacare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ninjaotter View Post
    What freedom does it take away? Please be specific.

Obamacare extended my insurance through my parents until I was 26. I got cancer, and the only reason I'm still here is because I was insured and was able to get top flight care. Obamacare literally saved my life.
    You disgust me...... I am glad your still alive, but your entitlement mentality sickens me. I don't know all the particulars to your situation, but from the little blurb you gave me.

Your parrents insurer were forced to cover you to well into your adult life for little to no extra premium. You are ok with that?? You see you took a chance and being young you would not need it, well you ended up needing it and rather than do the responsible thing (before you got sick) and go forth and buy you own major medical plan that would have been very cheap being so young or through your states garemteeded acceptance programs for health insurance, and paying for it your self. You went ahead and expected the government and your momy and daddy to take care of it for you rather than being a man and taking care of your self like big boy does and should. You could have found a plan and got on it for next to nothing that would have covered you to, sure you may have had a little bigger outta pocket bill to paybut I would assume that would have been preferable to being dead right...

I have had to provide hci for myself since ithe day I finnnished high school, and for the little woman since I was 19. I have always found a way to make those payments even if it ment not eating or having to sell shit I didn't want too. But then again I was raised so I could take care of my self and my family, not so I could sit back and let the govt/mommy and daddy/ and everyone else do it for me.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      You disgust me...... I am glad your still alive, but your entitlement mentality sickens me. I don't know all the particulars to your situation, but from the little blurb you gave me.

Your parrents insurer were forced to cover you to well into your adult life for little to no extra premium. You are ok with that?? You see you took a chance and being young you would not need it, well you ended up needing it and rather than do the responsible thing (before you got sick) and go forth and buy you own major medical plan that would have been very cheap being so young or through your states garemteeded acceptance programs for health insurance, and paying for it your self. You went ahead and expected the government and your momy and daddy to take care of it for you rather than being a man and taking care of your self like big boy does and should. You could have found a plan and got on it for next to nothing that would have covered you to, sure you may have had a little bigger outta pocket bill to paybut I would assume that would have been preferable to being dead right...

I have had to provide hci for myself since ithe day I finnnished high school, and for the little woman since I was 19. I have always found a way to make those payments even if it ment not eating or having to sell shit I didn't want too. But then again I was raised so I could take care of my self and my family, not so I could sit back and let the govt/mommy and daddy/ and everyone else do it for me.
      Seriously? Dude the high horse is getting a little tall, do you carry a ladder with you now. If you want to talk entitlements, what the fuck do you expect when you have insurance or when your parents pay for insurance.

This whole lack of compassion for life just because you got the short end of the stick in life doesn't mean you are entitled to be better than everyone, it really just makes you sound like an ass. And now that he has had cancer, its real affordable and easy to get covered; guess he might as well as rolled over and died according to your "entitlement" logic.
      1985 BMW 325e
      1997 BMW M3/4/5
      2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

Obamacare extended my insurance through my parents until I was 26. I got cancer, and the only reason I'm still here is because I was insured and was able to get top flight care. Obamacare literally saved my life.
        If I had to pay a few more nickels so that you can be saved from cancer, I'm ok with that. Even though I don't know you, I'm glad you're alive. Cancer is some scary shit.
        sigpic

Comment

You're a troll.

The man got fucking CANCER. When you stay on your parents plan, you're not just added for free, you or your parents pay higher premiums. And no it definitely isn't cheap to just go out and buy a new plan outright, it costs hundreds of dollars a month.

Get real asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
            If I had to pay a few more nickels so that you can be saved from cancer, I'm ok with that. Even though I don't know you, I'm glad you're alive. Cancer is some scary shit.
            You want to give him money? Great. That's noble of you and you should of course be able to do that. But it should be completely voluntary. You shouldn't force others to do the same thing.
            That way those that want to help the needy can do so as they please. And those that don't, they won't have to give anything. That's my problem with the system.
            Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

The concept behind Obamacare is flawed because it only works in one state and not in a nation which is composed of...states.

Sicko does an excellent job of illustrating several situations where "big boys" and "big girls" had their own "big person" insurance and were told by the insurance companies to fuck off and die - literally.
              "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
              -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by e30e View Post
                Seriously? Dude the high horse is getting a little tall, do you carry a ladder with you now. If you want to talk entitlements, what the fuck do you expect when you have insurance or when your parents pay for insurance.

This whole lack of compassion for life just because you got the short end of the stick in life doesn't mean you are entitled to be better than everyone, it really just makes you sound like an ass. And now that he has had cancer, its real affordable and easy to get covered; guess he might as well as rolled over and died according to your "entitlement" logic.

In the eys of the law you are mostly an adult at 18, a few remaining things are 21. Old enough to serve in the military, old enough to do all the things adults do. You want be treated like an adult then you should act like one!!! In aspects of your life, even your hci needs. Under the old laws as long as you were a full time student you could be on mommy and daddy plans. Now you can go occupy something and still be on their plan how is that right????

He said till he was 26 that means to me he's close to that age and there for only a few years yonger than I . I have taken care of my business, and worked, gone without, and sacerficed to make sure myself and my family was taken care of as has the other guy on page one. What makes this guy so special, and all the rest that they should not have to take responsibilty for them selves????

Its not a high horse and I am not on the short end of the stick, I have worked my ass off for everything I have and made choices that have allowed me to be where I am today, most of those choices are unplesant, but again you do what you have to do, rather that let others do it for you.

H0lmes: form the context of his post he got cancer after he was droped from his parrents plan for not being a full time student. If he was working. He should have spent the 25-125 bucks a month on a major medical emergenncy health plan BEFORE. He got sick!!! I am not heartless there many many orginazations that donate and pay for treatment like that for the young ones. I am saying he made a big boy descision to not buy a emergency coverage plan because he prolly would not use it being so young, and got lucky thee govt saved him from adult consquencies of that choice.

Like I said I am glad he's still alive, and here to tell us about his situation. But the lack personal responsibilty is the issue here not the fact he got cancer. Also depends on your parrents plan wether it cost a lot or nothing to be coverd. My bro on my moms, was 18 bucks a month till he finished school

Phone posting so ignore all the typos, fat fingers little keys
                Last edited by mrsleeve; 08-29-2012, 07:55 AM.
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Sorry but I'm siding with sleeve on this one. There's no excuse for a 26 year old man to be a dependent of his parents for financial and medical assistance and to think the government should pass policy is ridiculous. The government should take care of the medical well being of all citizens who cannot reasonably help themselves, but enforcing private companies to do so? No thanks.

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
                  The stupid bitch on the right seems like your typical lefty.
                  Are you fucking kidding me? This is about as "typical left" as dancing with rattlesnakes at church is "typical right". There is no excuse for this level of stupidity or jealous entitlement. Don't try and make it political.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                    Sorry but I'm siding with sleeve on this one. There's no excuse for a 26 year old man to be a dependent of his parents for financial and medical assistance and to think the government should pass policy is ridiculous. The government should take care of the medical well being of all citizens who cannot reasonably help themselves, but enforcing private companies to do so? No thanks.
                    I don't think you are siding with sleeve when what you are proposing is similar to Canadian universal health care. This is what Clinton and Obama wanted to do but couldn't. The current "Obamacare" was considered a compromise and was originally an idea developed by Republicans to compromise when they were "threatened" with universal healthcare in the early 90's. The only reason the Republicans no longer want this idea they came up with is purely political and has nothing to do with healthcare.
                    sigpic

Comment

You disgust me...... I am glad your still alive, but your entitlement mentality sickens me. I don't know all the particulars to your situation,
                      Now Billy, go sit in the corner and think about what you've done.

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
                        yep. im ok with paying a bit more for a few people to live.

i think a lot of people are very much in the line of thought, "i built that." when seriously, no, you didnt build that. like this asshole. people really need to stop being so selfish and realize that society is built on the trust and dependence on others. without that, with true individualism, we have anarchy.
                        AWD > RWD

Comment

^ I disagree to an extent.

A while back Obama made a speech at some campaign fundraiser where he said something along the lines of "If you're a small business owner, you didn't build that. Someone else built it for you". That really isn't true at all. I know plenty of small business owners and they all work very, very hard. They put their financial lives on the line to start and run a business, take a big risk doing it and put in very long hours to make their dreams come true.

That being said, no one has ever "done it alone". The roads your raw materials arrive on and your finished goods ship out on, the education of your workers, the police and firemen who keep you safe, the sewers that take away your poo, etc... all are paid for by public $. No one can truly build a small business "all by themselves", but they certainly do a shit ton of work.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                            That being said, no one has ever "done it alone". The roads your raw materials arrive on and your finished goods ship out on, the education of your workers, the police and firemen who keep you safe, the sewers that take away your poo, etc... all are paid for by public $. No one can truly build a small business "all by themselves", but they certainly do a shit ton of work.
                            yes, but EVERYONE gets to take advantages of those resources.

So to me, that makes it a moot point.
                            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

how is that a moot point? you dont have your business if those things didnt exist. if everyone goes on there own, there are no roads, no sewers, no public transportation, no logistics, etc. it would be chaos and no small businesses.

darin, i think that was obama's point. my mom, being self employed, works very hard to get her clients. she's a residential architect and for the last few years it's been a bit rough. she works REALLY hard (uphill battle her entire life being a woman in that field) and all the contractors that work on her projects that i know are really hard workers. but they would never say they got where they are today alone.
                              AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                                how is that a moot point? you dont have your business if those things didnt exist. if everyone goes on there own, there are no roads, no sewers, no public transportation, no logistics, etc. it would be chaos and no small businesses.
                                You're completely missing what I'm getting at.

EVERYONE has the opportunity to use those public services, so it's not just for small business. Just like high school students, get high grades and you get scholarships.........everyone has the same opportunity.
                                Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                                Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Working...
                                X