No announcement yet.

The Republican Party is embarrassing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really dont think anyone of us really have any clue what we are talking about... None of us really know. Most of what is said on here and in any political thread is just a regergitation of what we've heard on TV, Radio, and the worst of all..... the internet. And we go about repeating them without research..

We hear what they say, and get mad. They say the other party/person is doing this, so they must be doing it.
    All just means to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
      The republican agenda:
      ban abortion
      ban gay marriage
      legislate the internet
      tax the middle class, but tax cuts for the rich
      go to war with Iran
      indefinite detention
      oppose ANYTHING the democrats propose

Democratic agenda:
      spend money

Which one do you think is more of a threat to freedom? It sounds pretty obvious to me.

Just the one? hahaha My point exaclty.
      All just means to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by grahamsy2k View Post
        I really dont think anyone of us really have any clue what we are talking about... None of us really know. Most of what is said on here and in any political thread is just a regergitation of what we've heard on TV, Radio, and the worst of all..... the internet. And we go about repeating them without research..

We hear what they say, and get mad. They say the other party/person is doing this, so they must be doing it.
        I had this attitude up until recently, but this election really is starting to change my mind. The Republicans are OBJECTIVELY far worse than the Democrats. Are the Democrats angels? No. But just take a look at what Bush did during his presidency and what the current Republican agenda is, and then compare it to what Obama has done. It is VERY obvious which party is better and more prosperous for this country and which party consists of wealthy sociopaths and neo-nazi high school dropouts.

Comment

This isn't major league baseball, this is the government of the most powerful country in the history of the world. The economy, civil liberties, and lives are at stake here and the Republicans are a serious threat to those things.
          Lighten up, Francis.

Stress is a killer.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
            Lighten up, Francis.

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Obama's Top 5 Campaign Contributors:

University of California $491,868
              Microsoft Corp $443,748
              Google Inc $357,382
              DLA Piper $331,715
              Harvard University $317,516

Romney's Top 5 Campaign Contributors:

Goldman Sachs $676,080
              JPMorgan Chase & Co $520,299
              Morgan Stanley $513,647
              Bank of America $510,728
              Credit Suisse Group $427,560

^^^That is who you are voting for. You can choose between educational institutions and innovative tech giants with strong traditions of philanthropy or you can vote for the assholes that tanked the economy.

Your move Republicans.
              Last edited by LBJefferies; 08-29-2012, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Well, Goldman Sachs used to love the O-man.

According to Federal Election Commission figures compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics, Goldman Sachs' political action committee and individual contributors who listed the company as their employer donated $994,795 during 2007 and 2008 to Obama's presidential campaign, the second-highest contribution from a company PAC and company employees.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by JinormusJ
                Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
                1989 325is Raged on then sold.
                1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
                1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
                1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Originally posted by frankenbeemer View Post
                  Well, Goldman Sachs used to love the O-man.

According to Federal Election Commission figures compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics, Goldman Sachs' political action committee and individual contributors who listed the company as their employer donated $994,795 during 2007 and 2008 to Obama's presidential campaign, the second-highest contribution from a company PAC and company employees.
                  Maybe they switched because Obama didn't suck their dicks after getting elected?

Comment

Maybe they switched because Obama didn't suck their dicks after getting elected?
                    May be they switched because they KNOW Obama IS going to lose. Come on wake up men, You think they give a fuck about D or R? Go drink some more Obama koolaid, Make sure it's chill this time, don't try to drink it warm it makes your temp go up.

Can we just have this election already, and get over this BS from both sides.

Comment

It was probably more about the money than sex. Obviously, they are not pleased with his leadership. While some of them may be greedy scumbags, banking and finance are essential to the economy and their opinion does carry weight as to who would be better for the economy.

The question is: why didn't he please them? I don't know, but it might be more important than just dismissing them as fatcat illuminati, not that you said so directly.

I would argue with your placing the indefinite detention squarely on the republicans. Obama, much to my disgust, expanded that to american citizens.

By the way, I haven't made up my mind yet, if you couldn't already tell.
                      sigpic
                      Don't buy an e30

They're stupid

Comment

i think the campaign contributors are really damning to romney. i saw that on reddit earlier. could he be anymore blatant about it?

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                        I agree with the thread title--hopefully the GOP at some point reinvents itself without all the religious nutters, anti-intellectualism, anti-environmental, anti-minority sentiments which pervade the party at some point in the future.
                        AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                          i think the campaign contributors are really damning to romney. i saw that on reddit earlier. could he be anymore blatant about it?
                          Lol at the idea that google is more ethical than Goldman Sachs.
                          sigpic
                          Don't buy an e30

They're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by frankenbeemer View Post
                            Lol at the idea that google is more ethical than Goldman Sachs.
                            Really? You can complain about Google's privacy issues, but they're nowhere near the level of shitheads found at Goldman Sachs.

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                              because the choice is between obama and romney
                              I really hate this line of thought. The system is rigged to preclude any other candidate from having a fair run, and a vote for either of these two asshats is also a vote to continue to play the game that both parties have forced upon the American people.

There are other candidates to choose from, and voting for someone that actually aligns with your views is not a wasted vote if it's not Obama or Romney...it at very least sends a message.
                              sigpic
                              "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

What's the ethical difference between Google deliberately subverting privacy settings and Goldman Sachs betting against their clients? They both deliberately deceived for monetary gain. I suppose there may be a degree of difference in the damage done, but a lie is a lie.
                                sigpic
                                Don't buy an e30

They're stupid

Comment

Working...
                                X