Presidential debate...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
    Smooth, why are you bashing on joshh for agreeing with certain libertarian ideals?
    He doesn't even know their policies yet he claims in this thread he's agrees with how they think.

If he's going to sit here and say he agrees with them, yet call me a fucking idiot because I asked him to explain how it works to have a "small government" when you want to abolish taxation. He sits here and repeatedly says that's not what they believe but that's their official position and they've been passing legislature across the country and introducing bills in the House to do exactly that.

He needs to educate himself if he's going to say he agrees with them and call me names because *he* doesn't have the correct information.

Go read his explanation for how he understands obama's speech about business owners to see how little comprehension about the issues he exhibits when pressed for explanation.
    Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
      Oh yeah thanks for verifying we're on opposite sides of the political spectrum. So you're in fact a lefty...lol.
      People pointing out that you are a moron doesn't mean that they on the opposite side of the spectrum from you... it just means people think you are an idiot.

But of course you don't have the mental capacity to understand that.

Comment

well, his views on libertarianism, joshh didnt build that.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
          All joshh was saying that with less spending on what he deemed as unnecessary could be spent elsewhere and more efficiently.
          That's not at all what he was saying when I entered the thread.

And he doesn't have anything to say about Libertarianism other than he thinks I don't know what libertarians belief. What he's describing is Reaganism trickle-down economics. He doesn't know anything about libertarianism. He makes shit up, gets basic facts wrong, and then insults basically everyone here along the way. I've watched his assholery for years.

In fact, it's fucking hilarious because he put a whole slew of us into a "leftist" category when I know for a fact that at least three of those "leftists" are libertarians!

It's borderline insanity to slog through his posts.

Comment

I've noticed a LOT more neo-cons calling themselves libertarians in recent years.

Current: 1990 325iS | Past: 1991 318iS

Comment

Are you just regurgitating what you heard your professor said again?????
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

no, i've been noticing that too. it's like they want to move away from the term neocon to a better brand name. something that sounds more freedom-y.
                AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by smooth View Post
                  He doesn't even know their policies yet he claims in this thread he's agrees with how they think.

If he's going to sit here and say he agrees with them, yet call me a fucking idiot because I asked him to explain how it works to have a "small government" when you want to abolish taxation. He sits here and repeatedly says that's not what they believe but that's their official position and they've been passing legislature across the country and introducing bills in the House to do exactly that.

He needs to educate himself if he's going to say he agrees with them and call me names because *he* doesn't have the correct information.

Go read his explanation for how he understands obama's speech about business owners to see how little comprehension about the issues he exhibits when pressed for explanation.
                  I don't know their ideas yet you claim they want to abolish taxes altogether which is rhetoric from a guy that knows jack shit about Libertarians. Yet you can't explain how Libertarians want small government yet they want to "abolish" all taxes....because that would be impossible wouldn't it. You take the wind out of your own sail right there.

And I explained that to you just as Obama said it. Talking down to business owners that built this country. Get over it.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

That's not at all what he was saying when I entered the thread.

And he doesn't have anything to say about Libertarianism other than he thinks I don't know what libertarians belief. What he's describing is Reaganism trickle-down economics. He doesn't know anything about libertarianism. He makes shit up, gets basic facts wrong, and then insults basically everyone here along the way. I've watched his assholery for years.

In fact, it's fucking hilarious because he put a whole slew of us into a "leftist" category when I know for a fact that at least three of those "leftists" are libertarians!

It's borderline insanity to slog through his posts.
                    Who are these three libertarians you claim?

Now you really are making shit up. First and of course I have to repeat myself because you are thicker than a fucking brick. I am not a Republican. I am not referring to Reaganomics. For Christ's sake stop pulling shit out of your ass for a change.
                    Did Reagan actually do what I was talking about? Didn't think so. So how could it then be Reaganomics. Right. Get your shit straight.
                    Lowering taxes gives small businesses more of their own money to invest back into their business. How in the fuck is that trickle down economics?
                    Last edited by joshh; 10-21-2012, 12:50 AM.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
                      Did Reagan actually do what I was talking about? Didn't think so. So how could it then be Reaganomics. Right. Get your shit straight.
                      Lowering taxes gives small businesses more of their own money to invest back into their business. How in the fuck is that trickle down economics?
                      that was his political theory. reduce taxes on businesses owners and they will hire more workers thereby enlarging the tax base. it became the bedrock of mainstream republican political and economic theory.

you might look less ignorant if you actually defined what you think you are talking about instead of simply flying off the handle. It's one thing to be so blatantly wrong but at least if you said, well this is what I understand trickle down economics you'd be forced to actually try and describe what is bouncing around in your brain and probably realize just how fucking ridiculous you come across when you say things like the above that are just blatantly 180 out from reality.

libertarians believe that the government doesn't have constitutional authority to levy the taxes they do on the population. if you bother to read their platform positions they call for the abolition of the IRS, repeal of the 16th amendment, and an end to all current tax structures. there are some people who would like to institute a flat tax but that doesn't currently exist and that's not necessarily a pure libertarian position.

a libertarian doesn't need or want government in any sense of the modern notion. they don't want the FDA "protecting" the individual, don't believe in standing armies, and don't think that EPA or federal monetary structures should even exist. I'm not sure what kind of limited government you think libertarians would pay for.

There are probably some people like yourself who incorrectly feel they are aligned with libertarians and incorrectly surmise that it only makes sense that there would be some sort of government overhead...but true libertarians wouldn't agree with that concept. If you actually had any idea what you were talking about and where these philosophies come from in history you'd know that. You'd know that a libertarian would expect government officials to work without economic compensation and that individuals have a right and duty to protect their property...therefore removing the necessity of an "army" that required payment.

a libertarian wouldn't wonder about the woes of losing police because people are responsible for their own property and don't need, deserve, or even desire protection from others.

what the fuck are you talking about when you continue to spew generalities about limited government? are libertarians asking for ten percent of what we've got? fifteen percent? what is the cutoff between big government and small government to someone with your reasoning capacity? is it simply that what you don't like government spending should be done away with but whatever you personally feel is worth government intrusion is a-ok?

that's not any kind of position. that's just you spewing ignorance.

my shit is straight and every time you post you illustrate how little you comprehend about what's going on currently in politics and what has happened historically.

Comment

that was his political theory. reduce taxes on businesses owners and they will hire more workers thereby enlarging the tax base. it became the bedrock of mainstream republican political and economic theory.

you might look less ignorant if you actually defined what you think you are talking about instead of simply flying off the handle. It's one thing to be so blatantly wrong but at least if you said, well this is what I understand trickle down economics you'd be forced to actually try and describe what is bouncing around in your brain and probably realize just how fucking ridiculous you come across when you say things like the above that are just blatantly 180 out from reality.

libertarians believe that the government doesn't have constitutional authority to levy the taxes they do on the population. if you bother to read their platform positions they call for the abolition of the IRS, repeal of the 16th amendment, and an end to all current tax structures. there are some people who would like to institute a flat tax but that doesn't currently exist and that's not necessarily a pure libertarian position.

a libertarian doesn't need or want government in any sense of the modern notion. they don't want the FDA "protecting" the individual, don't believe in standing armies, and don't think that EPA or federal monetary structures should even exist. I'm not sure what kind of limited government you think libertarians would pay for.

There are probably some people like yourself who incorrectly feel they are aligned with libertarians and incorrectly surmise that it only makes sense that there would be some sort of government overhead...but true libertarians wouldn't agree with that concept. If you actually had any idea what you were talking about and where these philosophies come from in history you'd know that. You'd know that a libertarian would expect government officials to work without economic compensation and that individuals have a right and duty to protect their property...therefore removing the necessity of an "army" that required payment.

a libertarian wouldn't wonder about the woes of losing police because people are responsible for their own property and don't need, deserve, or even desire protection from others.

what the fuck are you talking about when you continue to spew generalities about limited government? are libertarians asking for ten percent of what we've got? fifteen percent? what is the cutoff between big government and small government to someone with your reasoning capacity? is it simply that what you don't like government spending should be done away with but whatever you personally feel is worth government intrusion is a-ok?

that's not any kind of position. that's just you spewing ignorance.

my shit is straight and every time you post you illustrate how little you comprehend about what's going on currently in politics and what has happened historically.

Who are these 3 Libertarians you claimed that I called Lefties?

And when you give tax breaks to the people is that also trickle down economics? The answer is no. Yet you continue to spew utter nonsense.

Oh now know you're admitting Libertarians do in fact want a tax of some sort, is that correct...LMFAO.
                        You threw Libertarians and The Tea Party together in the same pot if they were the same thing showing your true ignorance for the difference between the two ideologies. I gave a short explanation of what the Tea Party wants not what Libertarians want. And you continue to go on about made up bullshit to fit your twisted views of the Tea Party and Libertarians. Then you claim I take the view of a Libertarian...well no wonder. Because you don't know the difference between the Tea Party and Libertarians.

Now where do I claim to take the position of a Libertarian. So get of your high horse. But as I've already said and showed how fucking retarded your original statement was about abolishing taxes.

So let's get this straight for the last time. Libertarians want a government and know we have to have one. Therefor there has to be a tax of some sort doesn't there. Where it comes from doesn't matter. It just shows your original statement of Libertarians want to abolish all taxes as mouthwash.

Comment

You keep saying you're not a libertarian and you don't know what they believe but then you tell me you're going to set me straight on what they believe in.

Which is it?

Apparently you don't even know yourself what your positions are or what political philosophy you believe in.
                          You're just angry at the state of stuff and lashing out at whomever you feel is responsible. Lashing out in ignorance...that's what I'm bashing here not some fragmented political identity. I feel sorry for people like you because politicians take advantage of your anger and fear and get you twisted up so badly you can't even follow what they're doing with legislation. The people you claim to be aligned with are doing what you claim they aren't and you're lashing out at some anonymous dude on an internet forum who's trying to give you the truthful information about the politicians who are abusing you. It's not secret information, either, you could have googled the information I posted in less time and frustration than it took to post all this rubbish you've been spewing in this thread.

Comment

You keep saying you're not a libertarian and you don't know what they believe but then you tell me you're going to set me straight on what they believe in.

Which is it?

Apparently you don't even know yourself what your positions are or what political philosophy you believe in.
                            You're just angry at the state of stuff and lashing out at whomever you feel is responsible. Lashing out in ignorance...that's what I'm bashing here not some fragmented political identity. I feel sorry for people like you because politicians take advantage of your anger and fear and get you twisted up so badly you can't even follow what they're doing with legislation. The people you claim to be aligned with are doing what you claim they aren't and you're lashing out at some anonymous dude on an internet forum who's trying to give you the truthful information about the politicians who are abusing you. It's not secret information, either, you could have googled the information I posted in less time and frustration than it took to post all this rubbish you've been spewing in this thread.

Who Are these three people you claim to be Libertarians that I called lefties?

This is awesome. Here you are making claims about what I believe while not even understanding the difference between the Tea Party and the Libertarians. I already set you straight. You just can't take the facts as facts.
                            And you go on believing your self made lies.
                            It must suck for people like you to see your messiah going down and his policies failing so badly.

Comment

You're just angry at the state of stuff and lashing out at whomever you feel is responsible. Lashing out in ignorance...
                              Bingo. He holds Obama responsible for his bad fortune in construction work after the recession, as if it is is personally Obama's fault that the industry crashed and new builds haven't recovered to where they were in the credit-crazed days of ARMs and the housing bubble.

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
                                Bingo. He holds Obama responsible for his bad fortune in construction work after the recession, as if it is is personally Obama's fault that the industry crashed and new builds haven't recovered to where they were in the credit-crazed days of ARMs and the housing bubble.
                                No, I'm just holding the lefties to their own standard for doing that same exact thing to Bush. They don't seem to like it when the roles are reversed.

Comment

Working...
                                X