No announcement yet.

Obamacareless begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess it depends on the company. I agree with you though, many will keep the extra money and not use it to the benefit of labor. I think eventually though, it will be realized how foolish current business models really are.

I don't think this affects dental? I wish it would - ironically, my dental costs me far more than my medical. although most of the cost increases have been absorbed by my employer. In my case, the company is employee owned - so the savings would most likely be passed along, even if indirectly in the form of stocks and 401k contributions.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

One
      Big
      Ass
      Mistake
      America

Just thought I'd leave that there :)
      IG: @_j.wn

Comment

Oh shit, sick burn. thanks for posting god bless

Comment

Looks like the House GOP is dead set on electing Hillary Clinton as our next President.
          House Passes Spending Bill Cutting Health Funds

Comment

don't forget gutting the food stamp program. all those children and elderly people are a bunch of scammers, I tell ya!
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
              don't forget gutting the food stamp program. all those children and elderly people are a bunch of scammers, I tell ya!
              poverty-stricken get more desperate, resort to crime

defense companies profit from further militarization of police forces

yay!
              past:
              1989 325is (learner shitbox)
              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
              1985 323i baur
              current:
              1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

We had a argument at the office about obamacare~ feller was claiming it was going to cost 20% of his income but I thought the 'point' of it was to take 10% or less.

It seems like there is literally a 9.5% cap on cost according to that website, and of course he is a livid 'thanks obama'-er so wont hear any of that.

From the subsidy calc website listed: http://kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator/

This is for the silver plan- a 27 year old non smoker for $3,163 per year or 7.91% of my income at 40k a year. divide by 12 is 263 a month. I am currently paying a little over 100 a month for the dirt cheap plan from blue cross blue shield, so I am curious how the 'bronze' obama plan will move that cost.

It also looks like there is a catastrophic super cheap option available if you are under 30 or so. AND if I bump my age up to 55 suddenly the plan is $3800 a year... but I get a $2930 subsidy to help pay for it.

Thanks obama for getting me to pay for old peoples healthcare.

MY QUESTION and I haven't had time to research it fully yet~

Will my current private insurance at 100$ a month still meet the insurance requirements..... and is the obamacare insurance just for those people with prior conditions that private insurance wont touch normally.

ex the guy I work with who is overweight, has heart conditions, and needs a new heart bc he eats at hardees every day and has for the last 40 years. Will obamacare cover him for most normal things at a kind of normal cost... but maybe not a heart transplant.... where as no private insurance company would give him help for anything at all.

Comment

Most Americans against defunding Obamacare: Survey

Opposition to defunding increases sharply when the issue of shutting down the government and defaulting is included. In that case, Americans oppose defunding 59 percent to 19 percent, with 18 percent of respondents unsure. The final 4 percent is a group of people who want to defund Obamacare, but become unsure when asked if they still hold that view if it means shutting down the government.

The Republican-party-led House voted 230-189 on Friday to adopt a short-term government spending bill that would eliminate all funding for the new health care law. The measure could lead to a government shutdown in less than two weeks. The poll, which has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.4 percent, was conducted Monday through Thursday of last week. Full results will be released this Thursday.

I guess the Republicans want to make sure they lose the next election.

Comment

Obamacare, Mitneycare, whatever you call it, its Universal Health Coverage. Most of the developed world has it. Not the U.S., and Congress wants it to stay that way. Why? Its not a new idea. Fricking Peru has it... all Peruvians have health coverage, but big bad America could give a shit about our well being. That's the issue for me. The fat lazy, grudge holding Congress is more interested in fucking with Obama. Everyone pays for their health coverage through taxes around the world. We find that shocking I guess. The medical system the way we have it is ripping everyone off, but the lobbyists keep the Congressmen happy with the payoff's. Any idea what the 42 anti-Obamacare bills have cost us up on the hill? Could have repaired a dozen bridges, here in the U.S., with that money.

All these countries have some sort of universal health coverage -

Bhutan
                    Hong Kong
                    India
                    Israel
                    Macau
                    People's Republic of China
                    Singapore
                    Taiwan (Republic of China)
                    Thailand
                    Austria
                    Denmark
                    Finland
                    France
                    Germany
                    Greece
                    Guernsey / Jersey
                    Iceland
                    Ireland
                    Isle of Man
                    Italy
                    Luxembourg
                    Netherlands
                    Norway
                    Romania
                    Russia and Soviet Union
                    Serbia
                    Sweden
                    Switzerland
                    United Kingdom
                    England
                    Northern Ireland
                    Scotland
                    Wales
                    Canada
                    Cuba
                    Mexico
                    Trinidad and Tobago
                    Argentina
                    Brazil
                    Chile
                    Colombia
                    Peru
                    Australia
                    New Zealand
                    sigpic

2011 335i/1995 Mercedes C220 (rallyx)

Comment

Then why do so many people from those countries come here to place's like the Mayo or cleveland clinic to get their major care needs met????
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        Then why do so many people from those countries come here to place's like the Mayo or cleveland clinic to get their major care needs met????
                        If you want your arguments to hold any credibility, you'll need to back up this assertion with some sort of data.

Not that your point really has any significance, because people from the US gladly travel to those countries on that list for surgery at much lower prices than the US.

Comment

Why do so many people from our country travel overseas to do the same?
                          sigpic

2011 335i/1995 Mercedes C220 (rallyx)

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                            because they are rich enough to be able to afford care wherever they want - without worrying about the costs. those are the only people that our healthcare system isn't completely broken for.

you or I couldn't afford to go to either of those places, even with our decent benefits and pay - and you know it.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

because they are rich enough to be able to afford care wherever they want - without worrying about the costs. those are the only people that our healthcare system isn't completely broken for.

you or I couldn't afford to go to either of those places, even with our decent benefits and pay - and you know it.
                              But surely nando, if we have the best care available in the world here in the US that must mean it's available to everyone here, right?

Comment

I'm guessing you have never looked into their services. As to the point Sleve was making. The medical care in the Us is 1st in the world. (due to a free market)

As to Brave, most of the people that go to South and Central America for procedures, are for standard procedures such as dental and cosmetic work. They go there because its cheaper and less regulated but still your standard every day surgeries and procedures.

Assistance Paying Your Bill
                                Mayo Clinic Health System Franciscan Healthcare realizes that medical costs can be an unexpected expense. We will work with you to create reasonable payment plans. We are committed to providing financial assistance to you if you are unable to pay your entire bill. It is important that you let us know as soon as possible if you will have difficulty paying your bill.
                                Financial Counseling
                                Mayo Clinic Health System Franciscan Healthcare provides financial counseling to uninsured patients or patients having difficulty paying their bill. This includes an explanation of the payment options available. We will explain the billing process and evaluate your financial need. We will also inform you about government assistance programs you might qualify for and assist you in the application process.

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                                X