$770 Million from State Department for 'Mosque Makeovers'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
    so you're saying we should increase state spending by $750M?
    As oppsed to giving it to people that hate us to refurbish their places of warship, which some draw the justification in which to try and kill us.

YUP sure do, should we be spending that drop in the bucket at all NO, but if we are going to barrow it to spend it, and we are going to be paying that bill I would rather see it spent here at home where we have enough of our people that are in need of help.

Like they tell you on the airplane if you lose cabin pressure, to secure your own mask befor helping others. This is no different, we need to help our selves and get our own selves back in order, so we can be in a position to help others. Not to mention we give more in aid both form the feds and privately than any other nations and most other nations COMBINED.

I dont hate foreigners, I dont know where you got the idea that conservatives hate foreigners and poor people form, we conservatives donate more money WAY WAY more money to charities for poor people and those in other less developed countries than the liberals and leftists do as a whole demographic.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      I dont hate foreigners, I dont know where you got the idea that conservatives hate foreigners and poor people form, we conservatives donate more money WAY WAY more money to charities for poor people and those in other less developed countries than the liberals and leftists do as a whole demographic.
      there are facts and figures out there to prove it.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
      my feedback thread

Comment

Yes but remember around here facts have a left bias
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

So, y'all are good with jerking the rug out from under Israel, too?

Let's get back to the fact that a tiny amount of this money spent worldwide was spent on mosques.....do you really think all Muslims hate us? How deluded are you? I was in Qatar recently. My Republican Fox-watching friends act like the whole Middle East is a war zone. They say "you're gonna get killed over there!" Puhleeze......Qatar Airlines could teach our airlines a thing or twenty...I have never been treated so well on a plane. The people I met displayed no anti-American bias, and I thought one comment was particularly interesting: "you Americans.....you spend so much on your military while your students suffer. You make your colleges inaccessible to more and more people. That doesn't seem a very intelligent way to make a stronger nation."

Hmmm......

We need to quit obsessing over these little nickle and dime amounts sprinkled around and talk about a meaningful balance between revenue and spending.

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
            there are facts and figures out there to prove it.
            Then post some!
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by mar1t1me View Post
              So, y'all are good with jerking the rug out from under Israel, too?

Let's get back to the fact that a tiny amount of this money spent worldwide was spent on mosques.....do you really think all Muslims hate us? How deluded are you? I was in Qatar recently. My Republican Fox-watching friends act like the whole Middle East is a war zone. They say "you're gonna get killed over there!" Puhleeze......Qatar Airlines could teach our airlines a thing or twenty...I have never been treated so well on a plane. The people I met displayed no anti-American bias, and I thought one comment was particularly interesting: "you Americans.....you spend so much on your military while your students suffer. You make your colleges inaccessible to more and more people. That doesn't seem a very intelligent way to make a stronger nation."

Hmmm......

We need to quit obsessing over these little nickle and dime amounts sprinkled around and talk about a meaningful balance between revenue and spending.
              In Qatar most defiantly not, just about like going to the UAE or visiting the Saudis. Your also about 15 feet from the 5th fleet lol.

Yes your arab friend has a good point, why didnt that 770m we are discussing go to scholarships so people here can go to college rather than to slather some new paint on some mosques somewhere else in the world. Was the other 21b we gave away in Aid not enough already???

While I support Israel and all, and since they are an ALLY funding for them should be a little more carefully considered but I would not endorse jerking the rug totally, we should let that dog off of its chain and see where that goes.
              Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-21-2012, 11:20 AM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                Then post some!
                in my experience with politics, the left is oblivious to facts and result in name calling and racist remarks when confronted with facts. so what's the point?

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                my feedback thread

Comment

lol, okay. I think maybe you got that backwards. The topic of this very thread is a good example.

I'm open to read if you want to back up your statements.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

red state, blue state top 8 state, bottom 7 state

William Pitt-

Comment

lol, okay. I think maybe you got that backwards. The topic of this very thread is a good example.

I'm open to read if you want to back up your statements.
                      definitely not backwards. it's been all over the news how us conservatives/republicans/tea baggers are reacist and a bunch of bigots.

not sure why one can't just simply enter "which political party is more charitable" into google, but if you insist...

my feedback thread

Comment

In Qatar most defiantly not, just about like going to the UAE or visiting the Saudis. Your also about 15 feet from the 5th fleet lol.

Yes your arab friend has a good point, why didnt that 770m we are discussing go to scholarships so people here can go to college rather than to slather some new paint on some mosques somewhere else in the world. Was the other 21b we gave away in Aid not enough already???

While I support Israel and all, and since they are an ALLY funding for them should be a little more carefully considered but I would not endorse jerking the rug totally, we should let that dog off of its chain and see where that goes.

They say they dont want our help. Why do we have to consider anything unless you're all for being that dysfunctional parent that gives their asshole kid more money to fix the problem.

Comment

maybe I should point this out AGAIN since nobody bothers to read.

the $770m went to a SEWER PROJECT. it wasn't for painting mosques. yeah, mosques have sewer systems so they were "part" of the project, but $770m wasn't spent to paint mosques.

also, like I said, our congressmen wipe their asses in $10,000 bills. $770m is nothing to them.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

maybe I should point this out AGAIN since nobody bothers to read.

the $770m went to a SEWER PROJECT. it wasn't for painting mosques. yeah, mosques have sewer systems so they were "part" of the project, but $770m wasn't spent to paint mosques.

also, like I said, our congressmen wipe their asses in $10,000 bills. $770m is nothing to them.
                            That's not the point. Any money for foreign aid shouldn't happen in the first place. That your money and mine. Combine your point with sleeve's and you have the fuller scope of the problem. Imagine if we didn't give South America all that "aid".

Comment

You're right, we should probably spend another $2-3 trillion invading other countries instead. that always seems to have more favorable outcomes than attempting to lift people out of poverty.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

you cant lift people out of poverty, you can only give them the opportunity to lift them selves out of it. This is one of those things where here you can lead a horse to water but you cant make them drink. Or you cant help someone who is not willing to help them selves. Just throwing money at them is not good at doing either of those things

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X