No announcement yet.

Shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why continue to back pedal when you have annouced your retirment and will not seek reelection
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

i hate the ACA. it should have been offered to those that want it. but not crammed down my throat. me and my wife make ~88k/yr. so we have to bare the full cost of all the idiocy from the government. however, we dont make enough to buy even a mobile home in my area. life isn't easy and how our medical for the 2 of us has gone up to $500/mo. at that rate we are completely fucked. that's like me walking out and leasing a brand new BMW, for what? something i dont really need. The last time i went to the doctor was 10 years ago. the most i should have to pay for this shit to be "affordable" would be ~200mo for the 2 of us. which is what we have been paying until this god damn law was forced on us. it's 100% bullshit. fuck you obama
      Much wow
      I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
        i hate the ACA. it should have been offered to those that want it. but not crammed down my throat. me and my wife make ~88k/yr. so we have to bare the full cost of all the idiocy from the government. however, we dont make enough to buy even a mobile home in my area. life isn't easy and how our medical for the 2 of us has gone up to $500/mo. at that rate we are completely fucked. that's like me walking out and leasing a brand new BMW, for what? something i dont really need. The last time i went to the doctor was 10 years ago. the most i should have to pay for this shit to be "affordable" would be ~200mo for the 2 of us. which is what we have been paying until this god damn law was forced on us. it's 100% bullshit. fuck you obama
        Despite your opinion, it is not a reason to shut down the government. The right wing media is trying to distract you from the real problem, which is this absurd tactic used by a small faction of RWNJs to destroy a democratic process. The media spins it as if it's everyone's fault for not compromising but even conservative journalists know that this shutdown is due to the split in the Republican party between the minority RWNJs and the older pragmatic conservatives. That's why there is no compromise from Obama on this one, nor should there be. Who would they compromise with? There are two parties within the GOP with the minority for some reason getting to yell the loudest.
        This fight is not about the ACA, it's about saying "no" to this tactic of shutting down the government whenever the minority doesn't get what they want. It's a tactic that neither side should use ever.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          Why continue to back pedal when you have annouced your retirment and will not seek reelection
          Ask him yourself? It's still irrelevant to this discussion

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
            This fight is not about the ACA, it's about saying "no" to this tactic of shutting down the government whenever the minority doesn't get what they want. It's a tactic that neither side should use ever.
            yes it is. the ACA makes it illegal to not have insurance. this is complete bull shit and im glad the GOP wont give in. insurance should be offered to all, not forced on all. and you cant deny that us middle class are hit the hardest.

also, that BS about the minority. gays are a minority and got the "right" to get married, even though most Americans disagree. the point is that if we want our country to be free and not enslaved in debt to other countries, spending needs to stop and forceful/harmful laws need to not be past.

This is the real reason government needs to me reigned in.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Cabriolet; 10-04-2013, 01:51 PM.
            Much wow
            I hate 4 doors

Comment

Very convincing argument when you conflate gay marriage rights with your butthurt over ACA.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                Very convincing argument when you conflate gay marriage rights with your butthurt over ACA.
                i know right, i love stirring shit up
                Much wow
                I hate 4 doors

Comment

the minority always wins on bullshit
                  "I wanna see da boat movie"
                  "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Heres a good one. Had a talk with my dad the other day. Insurance for him, his wife, and three kids was $250 a month. Now theres this affordable care act, right? His insurance is now $1k a month. thats up 400%. so the break down is this: Affordable care act. 400% increase.

AFFORDABLE

400% INCREASE

sounds like a smoking deal to me. And we have the right to a trial so if we get fined for not having health care is it fightable? or did they forget about that right too?

Comment

we still have not gotten a rate quote for the little woman yet. They want ALL KINDS of documentation it seems
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by MF DOOM View Post
                        Affordable care act. 400% increase.

sounds like a smoking deal to me. And we have the right to a trial so if we get fined for not having health care is it fightable? or did they forget about that right too?
                        same here from $180/mo to $510/mo
                        Much wow
                        I hate 4 doors

Comment

FYI If your work coverage exceeds 9.5% of your income you are eligible for the exchange.

Are you guys getting insurance through work not?

Comment

Alright, mrsleeve, ive always wondered and I have to ask. whos rack is in your avatar?

and to stay on topic. interesting read.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2gnl2Xsnb

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                              They did NOT pass the bill the House sent them, you even point it out in your own post. They AMENDED it, which means it has to be......never mind.
                              Never mind what? I see you're running low on rational arguments.

Comment

Rfid chips coming up.

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                                same here from $180/mo to $510/mo
                                dang that's some bullshit. Mine stayed about the same, but I`m single and poor.
                                Last edited by rhE-30; 10-05-2013, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X