Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
    programs (solyndra?)
    i like how you mention solyndra, but not halliburton.

guess who we gave more to.
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
      According to Treasury Direct, the public debt is $47+ billion over the $16.7 Trillion debt limit and no, we have not defaulted. But Im sure everyone is already aware of that
      They should be, unless they have been under a rock...

U.S. to reach debt limit Saturday
      May 17, 2013

But as Lew told Boehner, extraordinary measures weren't infinite and Congress should act sooner rather than later to avoid the same shit as the last few times. Not that the advice was heeded at all...

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
        i like how you mention solyndra, but not halliburton.

guess who we gave more to.
        true but guess who is still in business makes a profit and is still providing thousands of good paying jobs to the those that work for them. We also didnt grant them and bunch of money they were paid (over paid I will grant that ) for serviced provided to the govt, not just given a pile of money to keep a failing business afloat, to make a show for green energy.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          true but guess who is still in business makes a profit
          That's because they cheap out on their cement.
          2011 1M Alpine white/black
          1996 Civic white/black
          1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Fyi. That was not big reds call, that was bp's bean counters and company man made that call and speced the materials to be used
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

true but guess who is still in business makes a profit and is still providing thousands of good paying jobs to the those that work for them. We also didnt grant them and bunch of money they were paid (over paid I will grant that ) for serviced provided to the govt, not just given a pile of money to keep a failing business afloat, to make a show for green energy.

Is gov't meddling OK when you favor the result?

Shouldn't you still be against it on principal?
              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

^

I think you know my answer, the govt was paying for services rendered with big red, that a bit differant than just handing over 500m to a feel good cause, with nothing to show for it, especially whenn your. Own counters of beans perdicted with in days of when said benefactor. Would go bankrupt even with the grant.

Paying on a contract for services rendered vs a bad investment opertunity is not the issue, who what when why the contract is issued and its pay rates coupled with doing what is best in the intrest of the public trust with the publics monney is a totally differant story though and a topic for another thread I would say.
                Last edited by mrsleeve; 10-11-2013, 06:23 AM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Right...the money Halliburton raked in from Iraq really ended up with something to show...

Anyway....moving on - six weeks added to debt ceiling. What do you numbskulls think of that (if it happens)?
                  Last edited by einhander; 10-11-2013, 08:08 AM.
                  1996 Civic white/black
                  1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Originally posted by einhander View Post
                    Right...the money Halliburton raked in from Iraq really ended up with something to show...

Anyway....moving on - six weeks added to debt ceiling. What do you numbskulls think of that (if it happens)?
                    I don't know why they didn't plan these last minute negotiations six weeks ago, so they wouldn't have to move the debt ceiling. They should just get rid of the debt ceiling anyway.
                    I know the right likes to compare it to credit card analogies, which is incorrect. It's more like when your mom and dad tell you to do your chores for $5 a week pay. Then you do your chores, ask for the $5 and mom says, "I think I want to reconsider this $5 a week thing, oh and by the way son, this is your fault for not getting paid."
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by einhander View Post

Still paying for services rendered and were deemed nesarry for the activities in the sand boxes.

William Pitt-

Comment

80%+ of fed government is still operating.

We are not going to default on anything.

This is political rhetoric. It will pass.

All of congress and this "Chicago thug politics" president need to go.

Market is rallying. All will be well.
                        PNW Crew
                        90 m3
                        06 m5

Comment

Still paying for services rendered and were deemed nesarry for the activities in the sand boxes.
                          Necessary?

Give me a break.
                          1996 Civic white/black
                          1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

The US will NEVER default on anything. The world markets and economy will never allow it. The US is the largest consumer and manufacturer of goods in the world, and the rest of the world cannot allow a collapse. It would unhinge the entire world economy.

This is the reason you see the markets climbing even with the "grandstanding" in the US government over the debt ceiling. The people in the markets know it really means nothing, as they have been through it before. All that will happene is the US will print more money, and devalue thier currency, and use that currency devaluation to pay thier debts back at a lower total cost to the government.
                            Originally posted by codyep3
                            I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                            2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                            1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                            1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                            2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                            2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                            2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                            2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                            2010 F650gs twin
                            2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

never?

I think you underestimate how crazy people like Cruz and Bachmann really are.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

^

You ever think that might be what the plan is to bring fundmental change the world over

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X