Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another week, another school shooting

This time just miles from my house.

The epidemic of gun violence in this country is not limited to just one cause. It has both a human and a machine aspect; it is about both mental health and about firearms. Just as a gun cannot go on a shooting spree without a person, a person cannot go on a shooting spree without a gun.

If you ignore half of the equation, you are guaranteed to arrive at the wrong answer. Sadly, for all to many in the pro-gun camp, they are dedicated to doing just that.

A person without a gun can still go on a crowded street fair attack in an automobile. So there's that.

Comment

Who knew a psycho with a gun would go to a place that has a ban on all weapons?

Comment

Stop giving these people the attention they crave in the media and this shit will all but go away.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          Stop giving these people the attention they crave in the media and this shit will all but go away.
          This is absolutely the problem I've noticed recently. Each of these idiots seems to have some idiotic "cause," and the news channels can't seem to get enough of sharing it with the whole country and giving it as much analysis as humanly possible. Ridiculous.
          Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
            A person without a gun can still go on a crowded street fair attack in an automobile. So there's that.
            Yeah, old people who cannot tell the brake from the accellerator pedal do it all the time.

Comment

Yet they don't. What a stupid fucking argument

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                Why this isn't all of it, I definitely agree. America is such a nation of rubber-neckers.

I like that there is a station in Canada that refuses to name/picture/etc the guy from Moncton that went on a cop killing spree.

I wish American news stations would do the same..........unfortunately that doesn't sell advertising.
                Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Yet they don't. Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                    America is such a nation of rubber-neckers.

Comment

Thanks for your poignant contribution. ^

OP, how do you propose we keep rifles out of the hands of high school students? In your estimation, what could/would have prevented this incident?
                      Originally posted by kronus
                      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                        Thanks for your poignant contribution. ^

OP, how do you propose we keep rifles out of the hands of high school students? In your estimation, what could/would have prevented this incident?
                        Door to door, collect all guns.

Door to door, collect everyone with a mental disorder.

Done. :roll:
                        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

It is sad that an aspect of modern American culture is to sensationalize the bad things that are happening. Murder, corruption, substance abuse, infidelity......all these things get a lot of spot light time. It reminds me of the saying, "good news travels fast, bad news travels faster." You know we're doomed as a society when the media promotes a 'special segment' for good news.....like it's something out of the ordinary.

I realize these school/cop/workplace shootings brings up the whole right to bare arms and the 2nd amendment. Even if we did abolish guns altogether, someone will grab a knife, a club, a car, or fabricate some explosive device to inflict harm on others. None of these objects kill people by themselves......it's the nut jobs wielding these 'weapons'....that's the real problem.

Jon
                          Rides...
                          1991 325i - sold :(
                          2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

^Name another 1st world country that has had 74, yes that's right SEVENTY FOUR school shootings since Sandy Hook in Dec of 2012.

Let that number sink in.

Can you find another 1st world country that has had 74 mass attacks on schools using something other than guns?
                            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                              ^Name another 1st world country that has had 74, yes that's right SEVENTY FOUR school shootings since Sandy Hook in Dec of 2012.

Let that number sink in.

Can you find another 1st world country that has had 74 mass attacks on schools using something other than guns?

I totally get what you're saying....that is a troubling statistic too. My point is even with every gun removed from society's hands.....someone, somewhere, who has snapped mentally.....will go out and do something to harm targeted or innocent people. Will the number of incidents be reduced? Hard to say. Will the number of deaths decline? Maybe. But these kinds of events will continue to happen.

Jon
                              Rides...
                              1991 325i - sold :(
                              2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Working...
                              X