No announcement yet.

Another week, another school shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blog posts citing infowars for their primary sources and forums full of anecdotal evidence, look at these excellent standards you have for your arguments.

Comment

You must have missed the one by the lawyer who's been responding to inquiries from FFL's.

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
        Happened in Connecticut. They told everyone they had to register their AR-15s. If they didn't they were felons. The ones who complied now are on the state's shit list.
        They were given a period of time to register their AR-15's. As long as they registered them, and they liked them, they could keep them.

Those who registered after the cutoff or failed to register altogether are no longer able to keep their AR-15 legally. I believe their options are to move it out of state, render it inoperable, or sell to licensed dealer, etc.

The lesson: Register when instructed to do so by law and all will be fine.
        "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
        -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Morrison View Post
          They were given a period of time to register their AR-15's. As long as they registered them, and they liked them, they could keep them.

Those who registered after the cutoff or failed to register altogether are no longer able to keep their AR-15 legally. I believe their options are to move it out of state, render it inoperable, or sell to licensed dealer, etc.

No. Fuck Connecticut. It's an arbitrary law and serves no purpose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
          Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
          Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
          Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Register when instructed to do so by law and they'll confiscate them later.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by JinormusJ
            Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
            1989 325is Raged on then sold.
            1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
            1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
            1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Worked out well for the Jews.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                The "List" exists.
                The FBI doesn't dispose of NICS data the way it's required to by law.
                The ATF illegally copies 4473's "just because" without connection to a criminal investigation.

So while the current law forbids the practices that would allow these agencies to establish a registry, they do those activities anyway.

I don't think background checks actually accomplish anything anyway.

California has been confiscating guns for a wide variety of tenuous reasons for a couple of years now. "Mental health" seems to be the buzzword of the day. They'll show up at the target's (someone on whom they have both a record of likely firearms purchase AND some item mental-health-related data) house with a freaking SWAT team, "talk" (intimidate) their way in because they don't have ANY legal basis for a search, then confiscate whatever guns they find.
                on this, we agree.

I don't see how anyone like ParsedOut can throw around terms like "naive" and "ignorant" and bluster how much he distrusts the government for over half a dozen pages and then turn around and post that he doesn't have a problem with submitting a 4473 to an FFL dealer.

My point wasn't that lists don't exist, but rather that there is no different list created by compelling people to register their firearms and submit to background checks for private transfer. The ATF already has all the information they need to compile such a list on the fly...for the ones they haven't already, anyway.

It's a fiction to believe that one's friendly neighborhood gun dealer is going to go prison for any one of his customers. When the feds come knocking for your information his "Bound" Book becomes an "Open" Book commensurate with the size of everyone's asshole that suddenly gets pried wide open.

One can either be supportive of universal background checks and storing of records at an FFL dealer and trust/rely on the Constitution that firearms won't be confiscated from law abiding citizens *or* refuse any and all record keeping regarding firearm transactions under the belief that government can not be trusted under any circumstances to not compile private information linking individuals to said firearms.

Anything in the middle is simply ludicrous logic. Especially given that people arguing for this position also claim they are suspicious of the government (and then try to lay it on thicker by claiming people opposed to their bizarre logic must love and trust the government). So why, if they're so suspicious, do people who insist on this wacky middle ground trust that the government doesn't actually retain their private information and link it to their firearms? Because the law says they shouldn't? LOL
                Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

Originally posted by smooth View Post
                  One can either be supportive of universal background checks and storing of records at an FFL dealer and trust/rely on the Constitution that firearms won't be confiscated from law abiding citizens *or* refuse any and all record keeping regarding firearm transactions under the belief that government can not be trusted under any circumstances to not compile private information linking individuals to said firearms.
                  You still absolutely fail to understand that you can't just apply the current scheme of FFL regulation to the private citizen. The current system, which can be argued that lists CAN be compiled through illegal and unconstitutional means does not mean it will work with private party transfers. It doesn't matter if we're against or for the current system of retail purchases, it is what it is. We're discussing expanding background checks to private party sales and yet again you avoid the question that I ask. HOW do you enforce the law unless a STRUCTURED set of checks and balances (registry) are in place.

If you're saying that a registry is no big deal since the gov't already has these lists on retail purchases, so why are we arguing against openly supporting an official registry? Well, I personally don't believe the gov't is compiling massive lists on retail purchases. So I'm not willing to open up to a structured registry to combat a problem that you (and many more people) refuse to critically evaluate the bigger picture of violence instead are trying to regulate the method of only one aspect.

I really enjoyed you jumping on the super right wing conspiracy of ATF compiling these "lists" to support your failing point. You believe the gov't is using these illegal methods of registration but think we're crazy for being suspicious of the anti-gunner agenda?

Also, I like how you avoided my other question that really concerns your agenda here. What purpose does universal background checks serve if not to assist in preventing crime?
                  Last edited by ParsedOut; 06-17-2014, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
                    Also, I like how you avoided my other question that really concerns your agenda here. What purpose does universal background checks serve if not to assist in preventing crime?
                    If he answered that, his participation in this thread would be reduced to mere theatrics. But then, I repeat myself.
                    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Working...
                    X