Bugout/Disaster Prep. Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ParsedOut
    replied
    Originally posted by einhander
    You criticize me all the time.

    I'll let you draw the conclusion from that.



    Anyway, slaterd - have at it. No more comments from me on this one.
    Riiiiiiiiiiight.

    Leave a comment:


  • einhander
    replied
    Originally posted by ParsedOut
    ...and those who choose to criticize others for their beliefs invite comments about how they are a pathetic individual who only gets joy from knocking others down. True sign of an asshole.
    You criticize me all the time.

    I'll let you draw the conclusion from that.



    Anyway, slaterd - have at it. No more comments from me on this one.

    Leave a comment:


  • slaterd
    replied
    As far as the frontier mentality comment, that is not true.
    This mentality is more prominent where I come from, the sticks in Indiana. Also, the LARGE and I mean LARGE majority of people in Phoenix are not actually from here. I have lived here for 4 years now and have met enough people born and raised here to count on 1 hand. So no, this is not an "Arizona Factions" thing, or a "Frontier Mentality" thing.

    Also, I agree with the shit slinging comment. Can we get back to the topic on hand. If you're here to criticize or poke at people can you please refrain from that. I'm asking nicely, please stop.

    Leave a comment:


  • ParsedOut
    replied
    Originally posted by z31maniac
    You sound like a whiny bitch, you know that right?
    I've decided to stop responding to douche bags, oops already broke my rule.

    Leave a comment:


  • jalopi
    replied
    I find it interesting how most OTL threads eventually devolve into the same people slinging shit at each other

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by ParsedOut
    ...and those who choose to criticize others for their beliefs invite comments about how they are a pathetic individual who only gets joy from knocking others down. True sign of an asshole.
    You sound like a whiny bitch, you know that right?

    Leave a comment:


  • ParsedOut
    replied
    Originally posted by einhander
    It's a frontier mentality, coupled with the number of like minded people. Groupthink breaks out and you get peoples' thoughts creeping toward worrying about zombie Mexican invasions. Disaster prep is necessary and makes sense, but when you start talking about doomsday and the breakdown of civil order, you also invite tin-hat comments.

    It's kind of cute though.
    ...and those who choose to criticize others for their beliefs invite comments about how they are a pathetic individual who only gets joy from knocking others down. True sign of an asshole.

    Leave a comment:


  • einhander
    replied
    It's a frontier mentality, coupled with the number of like minded people. Groupthink breaks out and you get peoples' thoughts creeping toward worrying about zombie Mexican invasions. Disaster prep is necessary and makes sense, but when you start talking about doomsday and the breakdown of civil order, you also invite tin-hat comments.

    It's kind of cute though.

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    It's because people continue to become more radicalized in their beliefs.

    And there has been a proliferation of media that is out there to confirm their pre-existing notions, or shape them.

    Leave a comment:


  • mulletman
    replied
    Originally posted by slaterd
    Because we're stuck in the worst place possible. In the middle of the desert, in a basin. Phoenix is monstrous, we are funneled in by canyons going North and East. To our west and south is nothing but straight desert. We have some areas that are habitable, but for the most part it is a non sustainable area for humans to live now. During the summer it is deathly hot 105+ during mid day.
    I honestly don't think that's it. It wasn't like this back in the 90's the first time I lived there... Even the more hospitable parts have lots of stores geared toward this type of thing. I was recently in the Prescott area, and they're all over.


    The Mormon thing might be a factor. I'm leaning more toward the general political climate in that area.



    Also, if it's the worst place possible, you should consider moving. :D

    Leave a comment:


  • ParsedOut
    replied
    Originally posted by slaterd
    Because we're stuck in the worst place possible. In the middle of the desert, in a basin. Phoenix is monstrous, we are funneled in by canyons going North and East. To our west and south is nothing but straight desert. We have some areas that are habitable, but for the most part it is a non sustainable area for humans to live now. During the summer it is deathly hot 105+ during mid day.
    That may have an impact, but I think it's due to our proximity to Utah/Idaho and the Mormon culture. They are raised to prep and we have a lot of Mormons in AZ. We also have a lot of conservatives that are generally open and interested in camping, ORVing and shooting.

    Leave a comment:


  • slaterd
    replied
    Originally posted by rturbo 930
    Someone start a poll.
    Please do.:hitler:

    Leave a comment:


  • slaterd
    replied
    Because we're stuck in the worst place possible. In the middle of the desert, in a basin. Phoenix is monstrous, we are funneled in by canyons going North and East. To our west and south is nothing but straight desert. We have some areas that are habitable, but for the most part it is a non sustainable area for humans to live now. During the summer it is deathly hot 105+ during mid day.

    Leave a comment:


  • mulletman
    replied
    Just a bit of commentary... I have lived in AZ for 12 years of my life, and although I don't live there now, I haven't seen that level of pawn/prep/survival/doomsday/weapon stores anywhere else in the country. Arizona has everywhere beat by several orders of magnitude when it comes to this stuff. I'm not trolling, it's just something I noticed and I'm curious why.

    I work for an airline so I get to see a broad range of places...

    Leave a comment:


  • rturbo 930
    replied
    Originally posted by slaterd
    Can we ban Liquidity?
    Someone start a poll.

    Leave a comment:

Working...