Bugout/Disaster Prep. Thread
Collapse
X
-
I don't have a cache, but I do have a 72 hour bag... Which is basically just my backpacking gear, and 3 days worth of food and water. It stays packed for those last minute camping trips, or if the need arises, a bug out. No weapons other than cutting tools. Maybe that should change. -
Incorrect.
Those are dumb fucks that drove onto flooded streets. That has nothing to do with being "prepped for disaster," that's people without a modicum of common sense.
Driving into water of unknown depth is incredibly stupid.Leave a comment:
-
We have been working on getting more prepared. Especially in the food and water sides of things.
We have some family land to the north east that we would head to if shit got real.
We have enough med supplies on hand to serve as the neighborhood medic lolLeave a comment:
-
-
I really didn't plan getting a cherokee because of the bugout plan. I had already planned on getting one. Just utilizing it if the time were to come.I personally think that including a car/truck/gas or diesel operated vehicle in a bug out plan is dumb. You can only get so many miles before you run out of fuel and have to refill, and everyone ells will have the same problem. Good luck getting fuel. You would have to have a HUGE tank of reserve gas on your property to make a vehicle worth including in any serious bug out plan worth while, and that would attract unwanted attention from people who want your fuel. Not to mention if shit hits the fan there would be HUGE amounts of traffic, making car/truck travel real hard. If I had to get something that needed fuel it would be a dirt bike that can split lanes and sips fuel.Leave a comment:
-
^
Old school diesels will run on almost anything that is oily and will ignite, and then there is the WWII tech GM multi fuel engines that WILL run on ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING that will even remotely burn......... Av gas to Jet fuel, #2 ULS Diesel to bunker oil and anything else in betweenLeave a comment:
-
I personally think that including a car/truck/gas or diesel operated vehicle in a bug out plan is dumb. You can only get so many miles before you run out of fuel and have to refill, and everyone ells will have the same problem. Good luck getting fuel. You would have to have a HUGE tank of reserve gas on your property to make a vehicle worth including in any serious bug out plan worth while, and that would attract unwanted attention from people who want your fuel. Not to mention if shit hits the fan there would be HUGE amounts of traffic, making car/truck travel real hard. If I had to get something that needed fuel it would be a dirt bike that can split lanes and sips fuel.
I think having a horse would be the best way to go. All they need a grass/dry grass and water and are not any harder to keep running then a car.
I dont really take my bug out plan or "prepping" seriously at all. I dont really see any situation in which a bug out plan would be needed besides maybe if the government went even crazier and started military rule. In which case if they really wanted you, they would find and get you no matter what.
In CA all smart people have some kind of stash of water, food, medical supplies, and a family gathering place set up encase of a large earth quake. The next "big one" is always around the corner. Im sure smart people in hurricane and/or tornado states have much the same thing going on. I have a Jerry can of water and gas in my truck and they are always full as well as a medic kit, my 1911 .45, a large knife, and a few other odds and ends ready to go all the time.Leave a comment:
-
Yeah but unless you're planning on moving to bumfuck nowhere an extra $5k/mo mortgage is a lot of goddamn money. That's 2-5x the housing budget for normal folk like usLeave a comment:
-
What he means is, thats the low end for a house, higher end is 600, why not just bump it up on the mortgage and do it right!!
Our escape plan is bunker down, there is a well under the house, a pond outside, lots of old equipment and vehicles and the ways and means to horde and pilliage the nearby town!Leave a comment:
-
-
I know, right? Though I'm sure AZ is littered with private runways, might not be so exiting to you guys, but to me... i would probably jerk someone off to have my own runway.
Or just pay money for it, whatevsLeave a comment:
-
-
Shut up Stanley. You don't have a million dollars. You know how I know? You drive an e30.Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: