Marketplace insurance tax return !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marketplace insurance tax return !!

I have health insurance through the state because my employer is too small to offer any kind of group discount. My 1095-A just came in the mail today and I sat down to do my taxes. When I signed up for health insurance, it was affordable because of state-funded deductions. They told me to estimate how much I might make that year and that would calculate how much money I would get to cover the cost of health insurance. So I did that

I picked the cheapest plan because I never get sick and never go to the hospital. But when I got to filing my taxes, I got a message saying what I made was higher than what I estimated making, so I have to pay back the difference.

Of $750! And it's LIMITED at 750. I should really owe over 800.

The penalty for not having insurance at all is $695. I should have saved $55. I renewed my insurance this year but I'm going to cancel it asap. And try to find a job with actual benefits..

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Keep the change you rich, 3% bastard. You made money and you had to pay up.
    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

huh I think a lot of people foresaw these type of scenarios and tried to warn everyone long before the 2000 page monstrosity was even passed, but I digress
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        huh I think a lot of people foresaw these type of scenarios and tried to warn everyone long before the 2000 page monstrosity was even passed, but I digress
        What, no. It's working flawlessly.

Comment

I couldn't get the damn thing to work when trying to sign up.....for the second time. I lost my private plan and have just been coasting along crossing fingers I don't get goddamn maimed or something.
          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
            I couldn't get the damn thing to work when trying to sign up.....for the second time. I lost my private plan and have just been coasting along crossing fingers I don't get goddamn maimed or something.
            That's some risky shit. One thing could bankrupt you.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
              That's some risky shit. One thing could bankrupt you.
              I'm a risky guy.

...but ya, I need to take care of that ASAP.
              1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

It's a shitstorm. Anytime I make a change on my plan they send me four envelopes each with 5 sheets of paper. And they all say the same freakin thing. Our government at work.

As far as not being covered...if you're a 20 something male you're statistically the healthiest person alive so chances are in your favor. I've been reading around the penalty for not having insurance is something like 695. But even if you have insurance, the cheap plans are high deductible which means you pretty much have to break three arms to reach your deductible. Great job, govt.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

IIRC, it is $695 or 2.5% of gross income, whichever is greater.

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
                    It's a shitstorm. Anytime I make a change on my plan they send me four envelopes each with 5 sheets of paper. And they all say the same freakin thing. Our government at work.

As far as not being covered...if you're a 20 something male you're statistically the healthiest person alive so chances are in your favor. I've been reading around the penalty for not having insurance is something like 695. But even if you have insurance, the cheap plans are high deductible which means you pretty much have to break three arms to reach your deductible. Great job, govt.
                    I'm sure that feeling of being in your 20's, young and invincible has never once failed anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
                      Keep the change you rich, 3% bastard. You made money and you had to pay up.
                      not his fault that he's smarter than you.
                      “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I cut down on my day job to 2 days per week when I started my second degree and they told me that with my estimated income I was ineligible for any price breaks. Even the absolute worst plans (which are pretty much worthless if you look at the coverage they offer) were over $1,000/yr. So much for "affordable care," lol. On the plus side they gave me an exemption from the tax penalty because I was below whatever arbitrary threshold.

IG @turbovarg
                        '91 318is, M20 turbo
                        [CoTM: 4-18]
                        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                        - updated 3-17

Comment

:ST1G:

Just checking in to this thread from Canada.

Sup:D
                          Originally posted by codyep3
                          I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                          2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                          1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                          1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                          2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                          2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                          2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                          2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                          2010 F650gs twin
                          2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

^

How long till your system is going to start looking to tax you harder with oil prices where they are and your newly minted PM trying to stifle the selling of oil......
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                              not his fault that he's smarter than you.
                              He is smarter alright. He may be a 1%'er.

Shocking this affordable health care isn't all unicorns and roses. Who would have thunk! I cannot wait to see Bernie give us all free college. It is a constutional right!?!?
                              ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Working...
                              X