No announcement yet.

The Panama Papers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're paying it according to the law. Which works for you when they're rich, but not when they're poor. Go figure.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
      They're paying it according to the law. Which works for you when they're rich, but not when they're poor. Go figure.
      Only taxes on the wealthy are bad nando, come on you know this!
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

If the poor are lawful and paying nothing into the system and the rich are lawfully paying everything into the system (largely), why make a demand that the rich pay more? Aren't they being lawful?

This class warfare shit is so old.
        Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
        Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
        Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
          Only taxes on the wealthy are bad nando, come on you know this!

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
            If the poor are lawful and paying nothing into the system and the rich are lawfully paying everything into the system (largely), why make a demand that the rich pay more? Aren't they being lawful?

This class warfare shit is so old.
            Uhh, thats literally the hub bub of this leak, the rich ARE NOT paying their taxes, they are "investing" in companies that dont exist, either here or in other countries. To avoid paying taxes.
            willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
              Uhh, thats literally the hub bub of this leak, the rich ARE NOT paying their taxes, they are "investing" in companies that dont exist, either here or in other countries. To avoid paying taxes.
              Which is a massive misstatement because if they weren't, then there would be no tax revenue at all.

Once again, an anecdotal event representing a very small portion of the rich is being used as ammo to drive taxes up higher.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                Can you afford to not work?
                YES, I can for about the next 3 or 4 years am I a evil rich SOB........
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  YES, I can for about the next 3 or 4 years am I a evil rich SOB........
                  that depends, do you evade some of your tax obligations by storing money in shady offshore companies?
                  cars beep boop

Comment

But that money has already been taxed yea? Its not like you "invested" in a company making purple dragon dildos in panama or something right?

Thats different, and admirable. Making tons of money and trying to hide it, or getting tons of money as a politician to favor corporations and hiding it from taxation is the bad idea imo.
                    willschnitz

Comment

No for a long time I was paying taxes as SINGLE with no exemptions....

All though this purple dragon dildo company sounds interesting.... Wonder if I can get them to make green ones if I invest enough ?????
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

what reality? the one where half of our population has 10% of the income, while 1% of our population takes 50%? They should only pay their fair share if they're poor, right?

nice ad hominem. can't back it up with reason, so..
                        No, you're flat wrong
                        The top 1% earned just north of 20% of total income, up for the last 3 years in spite of Obama tax increases
                        And the top 1% pay just north of 45% of all income taxes collected.
                        They pay more than their fair share.
                        The Internet is your friend

The rich are not the problem
                        Stagnant incomes are the problem, shit economic growth is the problem, liberal progressive tax rates are the problem

Last edited by gwb72tii; 04-06-2016, 09:13 PM.
                        “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

income was a misstatement. They own more than 40% of all wealth - people at that end of the spectrum don't actually make most of their money from "income".
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                            No, you're flat wrong
                            The top 1% earned just north of 20% of total income, up for the last 3 years in spite of Obama tax increases
                            And the top 1% pay just north of 45% of all income taxes collected.
                            They pay more than their fair share.
                            The Internet is your friend

The rich are not the problem
                            Stagnant incomes are the problem, shit economic growth is the problem, liberal progressive tax rates are the problem

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/to...rticle/2567217
                            Yes, they made so much that a 3% increase to the top income bracket hardly made a dent in their income. A good post, gwb.

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                              That is the worst standard to determine poverty or not. Of course I can't. It doesn't make me poor. Wow, what a weird way to think of things.
                              It's not that weird of a way to determine your wealth. It's pretty standard. If you have two classes, the wealthy and the poor, you are part of the poor. But hey, maybe I am assuming too much. Maybe you have $10m in assets and I'm wrong. Or maybe you're not rocking a brand new M5 on 20" Avantis because you're not part of the wealthy. I'm not trying to be mean, but please, be realistic about your situation. I'm right next to you, honestly.

Sleeve, that's great for you and tbh I think I could manage at least 3 years not working too, but that would deplete everything I've worked for up to this point and my future would then be that much harder. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking straight up, living comfortably off your investments for the rest of your life. If you can do that, you can consider yourself wealthy.
                              AWD > RWD

Comment

I still don't understand how its ok to basically say: "That person over there has more than me, I want it."

That is effectively what all the lefties are saying in here.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Working...
                                X