The Panama Papers

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • supermansocks95
    replied
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    You think Hillary and Trump aren't corrupt to the core? I think Bernie is the only candidate that's not corrupt in a race for a Government where the top echelon is just all corruption. If Bernie can't change anything, well, we know that short of revolution, nothing is going to change. We live in a rapidly growing fascist corporatocracy, no privacy, no avenues for change.

    There's a great Bill Burr quote that I can't find right now about this. Essentially he jokes saying that they take the newly elected president, sit him down in a chair, and play the video tape of JFK getting assassinated, and then say, "we did that, stay in line."
    Seriously, Trump IS big business and we all know how corrupt Hillary is. They won't do shit besides make big business grow. There's a nice quote that rings true, "Don't bite the hand that feeds you". Big business is a huge problem in this country. They won't take down what gives them power. Bernie, on the other hand, gets his funding mostly from his supporters. He doesn't have the old money bullshit that Trump has OR big corporate endorsements that Hillary has. Whether they want to believe it or not, Bernie is part of a revolution. Even if he does not win, he has sparked something big.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kershaw
    replied
    You think Hillary and Trump aren't corrupt to the core? I think Bernie is the only candidate that's not corrupt in a race for a Government where the top echelon is just all corruption. If Bernie can't change anything, well, we know that short of revolution, nothing is going to change. We live in a rapidly growing fascist corporatocracy, no privacy, no avenues for change.

    There's a great Bill Burr quote that I can't find right now about this. Essentially he jokes saying that they take the newly elected president, sit him down in a chair, and play the video tape of JFK getting assassinated, and then say, "we did that, stay in line."

    Leave a comment:


  • MF DOOM
    replied
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    Oh yeah. I'd be surprised if they weren't. The only politician that'll disappoint me if they're on the list is Bernie. The rest I already knew were scumbags.

    Come on... don't let the last true hope for America be just as corrupt as the rest.
    Last true hope? You bernie cult weirdos are nuts.

    Leave a comment:


  • mjimport
    replied
    Ok but that is way off context, not sure how Libs make that connection, but I don't spend much time in the r3v PR forum either.

    My intent was simply to show that paying taxes is biblically supported, even when the use of those taxes is immoral. Let God be their judge.
    So I am supporting the notion that illegally deferring taxes (or misrepresenting income) is not ok, even when those taxes are "misused".
    Definitely a tough pill to swallow as I really hate seeing my taxes go to funding organizations I could never associate with.

    Heck, I would give 50% of my paycheck to taxes if I really knew where it was going. AND I am in the "poor" category, LoL

    Leave a comment:


  • marshallnoise
    replied
    Originally posted by mjimport
    You got it, sort of... I need help understanding your "rich people in heaven" reference...
    Biblical reference to try and exclude the rich from getting into heaven. Usually libs use that with no point of context.

    Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • mjimport
    replied
    Originally posted by Wschnitz
    This isnt about "the poors" wanting to take rich peoples money, this is about rich people dodging tax laws...

    Remember what jebus said kids, give to Caesar what is Caesars etc etc. Rich man into heaven etc.
    You got it, sort of... I need help understanding your "rich people in heaven" reference...

    Leave a comment:


  • Rsully70sev
    replied
    “I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.” - Winston S. Churchill

    Young People for Bernie Sanders - Where's My Stuff?

    Leave a comment:


  • marshallnoise
    replied
    Nailed it!

    Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • gwb72tii
    replied
    Originally posted by BraveUlysses
    Yes, they made so much that a 3% increase to the top income bracket hardly made a dent in their income. A good post, gwb.
    you make my point even tho you may not have intended to.
    the policies of obama and his pick for fed chair have benefited the rich, left the middle class behind, and increased the wealth/income gap.
    the taxes paid by the top 1% has risen from 40% to 45%, yet the issues raised by kershaw have gotten progressively worse. yet kershaw would do more of the same policies, and expect a different outcome somehow.
    the problem is not the 1% or tax rates. It's the lack of growth in the economy and resulting lack of upward mobility kerhsaw finds himself pigeonholed in.
    if the economy were growing faster, if the rich saw an opportunity to invest instead of hide their wealth, everyone would be better off.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kershaw
    replied
    I only wish the law firms that Americans use were exposed as well. Here's to hoping for the future.

    Leave a comment:


  • BraveUlysses
    replied
    Originally posted by supermansocks95
    I don't think any of us are saying that. This thread is about those who have evaded US tax laws. They've broken the law so that they don't have to give as much back. Like some have been saying, if you're going to be a citizen anywhere, you should abide by that country's laws. If you don't like it, move somewhere else.
    I think we're going to see that it's far worse than that--it's going to reveal bribes, unethical use of hidden money to fund terrorism, investments of known fraudsters, drug money investments.

    These side discussions about the poor not paying enough are made by people who excel at making dishonest arguments that have nothing to do with the issue at hand.

    Leave a comment:


  • supermansocks95
    replied
    Originally posted by marshallnoise
    I still don't understand how its ok to basically say: "That person over there has more than me, I want it."

    That is effectively what all the lefties are saying in here.
    I don't think any of us are saying that. This thread is about those who have evaded US tax laws. They've broken the law so that they don't have to give as much back. Like some have been saying, if you're going to be a citizen anywhere, you should abide by that country's laws. If you don't like it, move somewhere else.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    According to Marshalls train of thought Taxation is just a scheme to take from the rich and give to the poor, not a tool to run a nation or anything.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kershaw
    replied
    Apparently this discussion hasn't reached that level because we are still trying to discuss why it's ok to tax the wealthy.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    This isnt about "the poors" wanting to take rich peoples money, this is about rich people dodging tax laws...

    Remember what jebus said kids, give to Caesar what is Caesars etc etc. Rich man into heaven etc.

    Leave a comment:

Working...