De Niro says it best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
    hence why we are headed for a cliff to fall from.
    Why is it just assumed that this is the case? Because I personally don't believe this at all but whatever.

Comment

^Because it happens to all governments.

Because our morals and growth have disappeared.

Because we allow crooks in office instead of prosecuting.

Because we promote drunkenness, promiscuous behavior, self indulgence, and hate.

This is the way of progressives and liberals. Of anyone without guidance. However, nothing is new under the sun. It's all been said and done before.

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
        Why is it just assumed that this is the case? Because I personally don't believe this at all but whatever.
        Because the right has to get you scared enough to think the country is falling apart to vote for the Donald. Truth is... it's not. I don't agree with Obama's policies, but fact is unemployment is steady in the mid single digits, GDP is growing (albeit very minimally), and Hillary will continue the same. She will do some good stuff too (though I don't know how she'll pay for it).

Unfortunately, other things that could use changing... won't. National debt, lack of skilled labor jobs, prosecution for white collar crime (including politicians), etc.
        "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
        -----------------------------------------
        91 318is Turbo Sold
        87 325 Daily driver Sold
        06 4.8is X5
        06 Mtec X3
        05 4.4i X5 Sold
        92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
        90 325i Sold
        97 328is Sold
        01 323ci Sold
        92 325i Sold
        83 528e Totaled
        98 328i Sold
        93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
          GDP is growing (albeit very minimally)
          Unfortunately, other things that could use changing... won't. National debt, lack of skilled labor jobs, prosecution for white collar crime (including politicians), etc.
          GDP is growing slower than ever. See attachment. It's not fear. It's truth.

http://www.multpl.com/us-gdp-growth-rate
          Last edited by R3Z3N; 02-03-2019, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Another note, the word Liberal and Progressive should change. They are neither, and progress for a progressive is not good for anyone.

Comment

GDP is growing slower than ever. See attachment. It's not fear. It's truth.
              Growing slower than ever... is still growing is it not? As a company owner... I'd prefer to see 2% growth. Just because it's slower than ever is not a reason for fear. Just like Moore's Law... you can only grow (or shrink in the case of Moore's Law) so fast for so long before hitting a plateau. The sky is not falling.

Because we promote drunkenness, promiscuous behavior, self indulgence, and hate.

It's all been said and done before.
              Though I do agree with the above. Americans are so self-important and arrogant now. No one can look outside of themselves anymore to show compassion, empathy, or even just passing thoughtfulness in day to day activities. As I said we do need to prosecute crime in companies and in government. Both Hillary and Trump should be in jail.
              "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
              91 318is Turbo Sold
              87 325 Daily driver Sold
              06 4.8is X5
              06 Mtec X3
              05 4.4i X5 Sold
              90 325i Sold
              97 328is Sold
              01 323ci Sold
              92 325i Sold
              83 528e Totaled
              98 328i Sold
              93 325i Sold

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                  No one can look outside of themselves anymore to show compassion, empathy, or even just passing thoughtfulness in day to day activities. As I said we do need to prosecute crime in companies and in government. Both Hillary and Trump should be in jail.
                  Seriously? Clearly we'd need someone in authority to level solid charges, due process and an actual trial before either of them could land in jail. Why do people continue to act as if they are the law enforcement, and the judicial system? We just don't know enough to make that call, and the media cannot give us the information to make a fair or reasonable decision in this area.

Anyway, if we only look at all of the bad shit going on we completely ignore the general basic decency of the vast majority of the inhabitants (not just the citizens!) of this nation on an individual level. As a group, we suck to a large degree, but we don't need to cancel recess for everyone because a few jackasses acted up.

So, even as we all disagree vehemently on a large number of topics and vision for the future I wish we could all take a few moments to consider that we are all working towards the betterment of the place we call home. This means that we should at least try to listen to others without dismissing their ideas out of hand even if they seem crazy at first, after all, the truth is almost always somewhere in the middle of both ends of the spectrum of what the media spits out.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                    So, even as we all disagree vehemently on a large number of topics and vision for the future I wish we could all take a few moments to consider that we are all working towards the betterment of the place we call home. This means that we should at least try to listen to others without dismissing their ideas out of hand even if they seem crazy at first, after all, the truth is almost always somewhere in the middle of both ends of the spectrum of what the media spits out.
                    I agree. I'm one of the few on here who doesn't resort to name calling and am willing to listen to anyone who has an opinion... whether I agree with it or not... and then hold a discussion pertaining to that opinion. We may not agree at the end, but at least there is communication.

I don't agree that we are all here trying to better our country for everyone. I think a large number of the population (and those running it) are only concerned with bettering their own circumstances. That applies to people of all classes, races, and religions.

As for disagreeing the two of these candidates should be in jail... that's fine, you are obviously entitled to that opinion. Remember, Martha Stewart was jailed for insider trading that every member of Congress is able to partake in with impunity. Banking CEO's went unpunished for blatant fraud in 2008. I am of the belief that there probably is enough evidence for Hillary to go to jail, if only for a short amount of time. I remember Whitewater as well. And Trump... hell his courtroom career is littered with offenses that warrant jail time. Again, you are welcome to disagree.

There is entirely too much money in politics (coming from all angles/sources) and the temptation too great for most of these career politicians to resist.
                    91 318is Turbo Sold
                    87 325 Daily driver Sold
                    06 4.8is X5
                    06 Mtec X3
                    05 4.4i X5 Sold
                    90 325i Sold
                    97 328is Sold
                    01 323ci Sold
                    92 325i Sold
                    83 528e Totaled
                    98 328i Sold
                    93 325i Sold

Comment

Agree with much of what you said, and have said it before that there is a distinct lack of fairness/even application in our judicial process, but we still don't have enough actual, factual information to make more than an assumption that anyone should land in prison (those are a whole other issue too).

I do think that even the most misguided politician is there to do more than line their own pockets or increase their standing. Even if it's just a tiny kernel of patriotism buried deep, deep down.

Glad to hear that there is at least one reasonable person left to confirm my suspicions.

Comment

^Because it happens to all governments.

This is the way of progressives and liberals. Of anyone without guidance. However, nothing is new under the sun. It's all been said and done before.
                        Nope, its also the way of the no-longer-moral-majority, who are apparently ok with these things in their choice to endorse and vote for trump:

Comment

holmes, uslysses you're seeing pink elephants

Last edited by gwb72tii; 10-19-2016, 02:24 PM.
                          “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                            Nope, its also the way of the no-longer-moral-majority, who are apparently ok with these things in their choice to endorse and vote for trump:

If a Christian accepts these things as being acceptable, they are not Christian. However, Christian or not should vote a candidate.

Comment

here holmes, this will make your day
                              listen to the vid from the most accurate poll historically

“There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                                holmes, uslysses you're seeing pink elephants

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-1...hared-illusion
                                But Trump is the bigger agent for change, if that’s what you think the country needs. I want voters to see that choice for what it is.
                                Change for what exactly? This man has no principles.

Who would think that "Change" is the current mantra of people who were overwhelmingly opposed to "change" 8 years ago?

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                                here holmes, this will make your day
                                listen to the vid from the most accurate poll historically

http://www.investors.com/politics/tr...tracking-poll/
                                "historically"

The IBD/TIPP tracking poll has been cited as the most accurate in predicting actual election results in the past three presidential elections.

Comment

Working...
                                X