Petulant Children of UC Berkeley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
    Indeed. The US has its own version of imperialism. Otherwise their military bases would be restricted solely to the US territory and they wouldn't be involved in foreign governments overturns... ;-)

you do realize a lot of those are Marine security detachments for US Embassies in nearly ever country in the world right. You also understand that almost every other country has similar detachments in their embassies all over the globe to right???? Not saying we dont operate a bunch of military outposts all over the place with the permission and cooperation of our allies and what remains of peace keeping/occupation operations from past conflicts. Because we certianlly do but that is a totally different matter, and US forces are in places like on independent facilitates or stationed at allies facilities that are part of the terms that the host nations have agreed to and bound to by international laws or there at the request of that nations govt ;) You are aware that there are lots of allied nations personnel stationed here in the USA as well, there are entire N.A.T.O. Air wings stationed on US bases that are not all US pilots and support staff.....

Nice try though, your inferred conclusion is very misleading, figured some facts should go with your graphical representation.
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 02-09-2017, 03:47 PM.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
      You are out of your gourd if you believe that.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
      Right.. we only ever have the best intentions? I thought you hated big government? Except when they actually use their power for things you think are worthwhile, like killing people?
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
        Right.. we only ever have the best intentions? I thought you hated big government? Except when they actually use their power for things you think are worthwhile, like killing people?
        Well that escalated quickly.
        Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
        Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
        Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

No, not really. It's par for the 400 year long course.

The United States is not an imperialist nation in the same sense that Great Britain, the Netherlands, France, Spain and Portugal were.
          You're right, we're not, we do it better. But I'm glad you admitted we are an imperialist nation in another sense. We are the biggest, best, most powerful imperialist nation of all history.
          AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post

You're right, we're not, we do it better. But I'm glad you admitted we are an imperialist nation in another sense. We are the biggest, best, most powerful imperialist nation of all history.
            No that was the Romans they ruled nearly all of their known world, and latter Great Britain. The Sun never set on the British Empire. The ripple effect of the British empire still influence nearly every one in the developed words lives to this very day, and still many more in the 3rd world nations as well.

your blame America 1st, punish the great grand-kids for the sins of the ancestresses diatribe is also very fucking disgusting, and I really dont know where even begin a response to it.
            Last edited by mrsleeve; 02-09-2017, 05:07 PM.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

I never said we were an imperialist nation at all, because quite literally, we did not engage in imperialist actions a la Great Britain, the Netherlands, France, Spain and Portugal.

Just stop breathing if you are this ashamed of being an American and spare us your self-loathing. You make me want to vomit.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Where did I say I was ashamed to be an American?

There's a difference between self awareness and self loathing. Of course, I'm not surprised you don't know the first thing about being self aware.
                AWD > RWD

Comment

Where did I say I was ashamed to be an American?

There's a difference between self awareness and self loathing. Of course, I'm not surprised you don't know the first thing about being self aware.
                  I guess I don't own the accusations you throw out there like you do. I am aware of when I am being a dick to someone else. But I don't take any responsibility for what my grandfather did.

And yet another insult from the high and mighty left.

EDIT: Does this mean you are going to keep breathing?

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                    No that was the Romans they ruled nearly all of their known world, and latter Great Britain. The Sun never set on the British Empire. The ripple effect of the British empire still influence nearly every one in the developed words lives to this very day, and still many more in the 3rd world nations as well.

your blame America 1st, punish the great grand-kids for the sins of the ancestresses diatribe is also very fucking disgusting, and I really dont know where even begin a response to it.
                    lol sleeve what part of his post indicated anything about punishing anyone?

read > comprehend > post

Comment

Jesus Christ.

Are any of you capable of rational, objective thought?

Or do you guys just get off on parroting what your favorite news broadcast has told you about X issue?
                      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

In case anyone was wondering, that's directed at ALL of you. Both sides. FFS

It's really getting sad
                        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

hmm yes a good post where you complain about content and yet don't contribute any

Comment

I never said we were an imperialist nation at all, because quite literally, we did not engage in imperialist actions a la Great Britain, the Netherlands, France, Spain and Portugal.
                            Tell that to the Philippines, they might feel differently. Or Guam. Or Hawaii. Just a couple of examples of American Imperialism.

I'm not even defending or disagreeing with any of these recent arguments, but America certainly operated as an imperial power, it just took us longer to get there because we were born at a later date than all of the countries you mentioned above.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
                              Tell that to the Philippines, they might feel differently. Or Guam. Or Hawaii. Just a couple of examples of American Imperialism.

I'm not even defending or disagreeing with any of these recent arguments, but America certainly operated as an imperial power, it just took us longer to get there because we were born at a later date than all of the countries you mentioned above.
                              Puerto Rico isn't looking too hot either, Virgin Islands got turnt out.
                              Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                                hmm yes a good post where you complain about content and yet don't contribute any
                                Omg I about fell out of bed reading this
                                You ought to cut out this quote of yours and pin it to your forehead
                                You complaining others don't add anything to the debate when you're the fucking king of drive by commentators
                                Rofl
                                “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X