Petulant Children of UC Berkeley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vincent Brick View Post
    I especially liked the part where the right-wingers got maced and the shit kicked out of them. Call the protesters "thugs" all you want, but it is about time the leftists finally start countering the violence of the right, because face it, we live in a country where the bullies win and sitting back taking it isn't getting anyone anywhere. The only difference is that violence from the right is so normalized and expected that it fools people into thinking it hasn't been a constant throughout pretty much the entirety of American history. Something something gaslighting. The notion that conservatives are being "crucified in the streets" is laughable, and honestly frightening, the system is literally rigged in their favor.

If you don't want there to be potentially violent demonstrations, don't allow a platform for white supremacists. It's pretty simple. That shit has no place in an institution of higher learning, sure let him speak, but let that gaping asshole travel from trailer park to trailer park to do it.

I feel about the same way about the "black bloc" people as I do the NRA, I don't directly agree with their actions, but I feel they are needed to create an appropriate balance within the current state of our society.
    ok i'm curious
    would you please post specifics as to where and when conservatives have used violence to further their political views?
    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
      ok i'm curious
      would you please post specifics as to where and when conservatives have used violence to further their political views?
      Soon as someone links this shit to liberals.
      Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

hey if the violent protestors represent all liberals i guess all republicans are white supremacists

just rename this thread to the 'hasty generalization fallacy thread'

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
          ok i'm curious
          uhh.. lynch mobs?
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
            uhh.. lynch mobs?
            Uh, Democratic south? Uh, Senator Byrd?
            Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
            Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
            Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Yeah, I figured you'd say that - when it's pretty clear that the conservatives & liberals switched parties - the former dixiecrats are now the evangelical republicans.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                Yeah, I figured you'd say that - when it's pretty clear that the conservatives & liberals switched parties - the former dixiecrats are now the evangelical republicans.
                And I would have figured you would say that.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

The truth?

Sure, you can try to pin the actions of the Dixiecrats on the modern Democrats - but after the huge losses the Republicans suffered in the 1960s, and how pissed off the Dixiecrats were at the new civil rights movement, they wooed them over to the R side which effectively switched the signs of both parties.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                    And I would have figured you would say that.
                    You talk about "youth being conditioned" and it's hilarious because you are absolutely a product of right-wing media conditioning- "of course you'd say that" is not actually an argument.

Why do you think that is supposed to mean anything to anyone (other than O'Reilly)? You think the way you've been taught to think and an unfortunate aspect of that is the intentional absence of self-awareness.

Also, official statement from UCB here: http://news.berkeley.edu/2017/02/02/...s-free-speech/
                    past:
                    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:
                    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                      You talk about "youth being conditioned" and it's hilarious because you are absolutely a product of right-wing media conditioning- "of course you'd say that" is not actually an argument.
                      Marshallnoise is proving himself to be a low rent version of the douchebag I posted a picture of a few pages back.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                      Transaction feedback
                      - jpod999

Comment

Tolerant left on display for all to see. With a splash of ignorance.
                        Tolerance is earned, not deserved.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                        Transaction feedback
                        - jpod999

Comment

Unless your part of the collective progressive leftist line if thought, right??
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

Decay, I countered an argument and the person responded with "I knew you would say that" then repeated the same old shit, just on a different day. Its not true and everyone knows it and it is an old, tired attempt to legitimize the democrat machine's ugly past. Go ahead, insult me again.

jpod999, don't like a mirror held up to your face? I think your comment about tolerance being earned is exactly what 3rd world Islamic nations would say. The only currency they value is power and you can't be tolerant, cause that ain't powerful.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Go ahead, insult me again.
                              Okay.

I'll start having reasoned and rational arguments with you when you start saying reasoned and rational things.
                              past:
                              1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:
                              1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                                Okay.

I'll start having reasoned and rational arguments with you when you start saying reasoned and rational things.
                                Considering what you and I consider as rational are polar opposites, it was nice chatting with you.

;D

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Working...
                                X