X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
    He intentionally mowed people down.
    and here you are saying you'd do the same:

I will not stop nor will i speed up for a protester who runs out in the road. I only pray I'm driving my big dually when it/if it ever happens.
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
      and here you are saying you'd do the same:

Not really but okay.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        I think at that point your charge would change from manslaughter to negligence, but Im not a lawyer
        that's exactly what manslaughter is; death resulting from negligence.

past:
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:

Comment

So shouldn't the other idiot be charged with murder1 or something since he was speeding AT the people?
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            So shouldn't the other idiot be charged with murder1 or something since he was speeding AT the people?
            depends on whether they think they can determine and prove that it was premeditated.

the point here, though, is that when ThatOneEuroE30 says "well i was on the road and you were in the way and i didn't feel like stopping just because you were exercising your constitutionally-protected 1st-amendment rights"- that's still a crime. it might be a lesser crime, but a crime nonetheless.
            past:
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:

Comment

depends on whether they think they can determine and prove that it was premeditated.

the point here, though, is that when ThatOneEuroE30 says "well i was on the road and you were in the way and i didn't feel like stopping just because you were exercising your constitutionally-protected 1st-amendment rights"- that's still a crime. it might be a lesser crime, but a crime nonetheless.

And the people that block traffic should be charged with a crime. Explain to me what is supposed to happen if when those people are standing in traffic causing a traffic jamb and at the back is an emergency vehicle who is on a life or death call cant get through or get off the road way to find an alternate route because those ignorant twats have traffic backed up to far. They should be charge with murder. Its not cool to block traffic when you don't have a permit to shut that road down and is actually illegal.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

I get your point about the emergency vehicle, but your argument here seems a bit odd.

Let me make sure I'm understanding this correctly: So I'd run someone over in the street for blocking traffic (killing them essentially) to ensure that the emergency vehicle can get through to potentially save someone else's life?

Doesn't really compute, I'm at a zero sum there and you in jail for some years...

Comment

Trump Thread 2.0

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
                  I get your point about the emergency vehicle, but your argument here seems a bit odd.

Let me make sure I'm understanding this correctly: So I'd run someone over in the street for blocking traffic (killing them essentially) to ensure that the emergency vehicle can get through to potentially save someone else's life?

Doesn't really compute, I'm at a zero sum there and you in jail for some years...

I wouldn't steam roll them and never said i would. I'd just persuade them with a nudge and bump of my bumper. Not sure how that would kill anyone. I said would not stop nor would i speed up. Id slow down and persuade them to move.

Also what do you gain my blocking traffic yelling and screaming? People aren't going to care what your protesting for at that point they are gonna be worried about with they are going to be attacked and have their vehicle destroyed and at that point your just part of the problem not the solution.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

I wouldn't steam roll them and never said i would. I'd just persuade them with a nudge and bump of my bumper. Not sure how that would kill anyone. I said would not stop nor would i speed up. Id slow down and persuade them to move.
                    pretty sure that you could catch an assault charge for this

how about you just remind yourself you'd always be better off to avoid situations like this entirely instead of spending your free time planning how you'd push through with your vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                      pretty sure that you could catch an assault charge for this

how about you just remind yourself you'd always be better off to avoid situations like this entirely instead of spending your free time planning how you'd push through with your vehicle

Trust me. If there is any sort of protest going on and i know about it. I keep my ass home or away from that area entirely if i need to go out for some reason. I want no part of that dumbassery

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

People aren't going to care what your protesting for at that point they are gonna be worried about with they are going to be attacked and have their vehicle destroyed and at that point your just part of the problem not the solution.
                        yeah, that video of the grey challenger being attacked? that was post-impact. after he had run people down and caused a multiple-vehicle accident.

activists are not roving gangs of hooligans looking for cars to destroy and people to kill. we're people trying to raise awareness about something we think is a problem.
                        past:
                        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                        1985 323i baur
                        current:

Comment

yeah, that video of the grey challenger being attacked? that was post-impact. after he had run people down and caused a multiple-vehicle accident.

activists are not roving gangs of hooligans looking for cars to destroy and people to kill. we're people trying to raise awareness about something we think is a problem.

You keep acting like I'm referring to that. That guy was seen speeding up blocks away and using his car as a battering ram. Im referring to instances like when the BLM was going heavy and they were running out into the middle of traffic on major freeway's stopping traffic and surrounding cars. If there is a major protest area the police will close the roads especially if they are protesting legally with permit.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

You keep acting like I'm referring to that. That guy was seen speeding up blocks away and using his car as a battering ram. Im referring to instances like when the BLM was going heavy and they were running out into the middle of traffic on major freeway's stopping traffic and surrounding cars. If there is a major protest area the police will close the roads especially if they are protesting legally with permit.
                            well, that was the most recent incident, and until now, you didn't really make it clear what you were referring to.

i've been at protests where freeways were shut down. i can share video i've recorded if you want. i've got a good one of 880 in oakland from a few years back.

i don't think it's unjustified to do this. if we're going to use the usual conservative/libertarian argument- constitutional amendments supersede local law. (that's why all the drama about DEA complaining about CA/WA/CO making marijuana legal.) federal law beats local.

"permits" are registered with the city, county, or state government. the 1st-amendment is a constitutional right and applied by fedgov.

therefore, i think the constitutional right to free speech overrides any requirement for a "permit" to do so.
                            Last edited by decay; 08-22-2017, 11:11 AM.
                            past:
                            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                            1985 323i baur
                            current:

Comment

well, that was the most recent incident, and until now, you didn't really make it clear what you were referring to.

i've been at protests where freeways were shut down. i can share video i've recorded if you want. i've got a good one of 880 in oakland from a few years back.

i don't think it's unjustified to do this. if we're going to use the usual conservative/libertarian argument- constitutional amendments supersede local law. (that's why all the drama about DEA complaining about CA/WA/CO making marijuana legal.) federal law beats local.

"permits" are registered with the city, county, or state government. the 1st-amendment is a constitutional right and applied by fedgov.

therefore, i think the constitutional right to free speech overrides any requirement for a "permit" to do so.

Sorry but that is what i was more referring to. I still think its wrong and not the way to go about protesting in the streets. If you wanna stand in front of traffic wait at red lights and do your thing during red and walk out of the street once its green and go to the next side that is red. If i come across this which i hope i never do. I will simply make my way through the crowd trying my best not to injure anyone but i'm not gonna hold up what i have going on in my life to look at some ding bat holding a sign.

This is a serious question I'am not trying to argue this one. But beside the civil rights protest with MLK. What has been accomplished directly from the protesting. Every war has still been fought and every law has been passed to my knowledge(i will admit its not an extensive knowledge on this matter) unless the state senator(s)said they didn't think it was right to pass it and then i was veto'd in congress or the senate. Please do enlighten me, Cause i think its a waste of time personally but would like to know why people feel the need to do it. Like i said not trying to argue on this i actually wanna learn why people feel the need to protest. Seems like it doesn't get anywhere but maybe i'm wrong?

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Tillerson is on talking about Pakistan and their relationship with us & the Taliban, reminded me of this (not sure why)
                                INSIDE EVERY GOOK THERE IS AN AMERICAN TRYING TO GET OUT

Of course, if you go there, you have to see the whole scene!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Working...
                                X