Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ho-Hum.. more of the same.

8 days into semester, Notre Dame halts in-person classes as 146 students get coronavirus
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...dents-n1237195

In case it isn't obvious, Trump's response to the pandemic has been an utter disaster and his failures pile up by the thousands (of deaths) weekly. The only hope now is one of the vaccines will work, otherwise the US is totally fucked. I do have a lot of hope that at least one or more vaccine will pan out (and have invested as such, yay capitalism!), but that doesn't do any good for the couple hundred thousand people who will already be dead by the time they are available. Plus, even if you are young and survive the actual virus, it's not clear that you will ever be the same after - there's no indication that the long term effects are negligible, instead what we know so far doesn't look so great.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Oh yeah, if you don't think this is personal - fuck you. Seriously.

USCIS Schedules Staff Layoffs if Congress Does Not Come to Its Rescue
      https://cis.org/North/USCIS-Schedule...ome-Its-Rescue

We started my wife's citizenship application (legally, duh) before all of this started. But she's stuck in the queue and nobody is processing anything, not just because of COVID - it's also because of Trump policies from the very top. It's already been pushed back months, and if it's not approved she won't even be able to renew her green card potentially. God forbid Trump wins another term. It will literally break apart my family.

On top of that nobody here can cross the border, it's totally devistated families and business along the whole border region on both sides. I wanted to punch this MAGA hat wearing asshole in the face as he picnic'd with his girlfriend/wife/mistress/whatever right on the 49th parallel (the only place in the whole country we can meet with family), but that wouldn't have done any good, as if he'd ever realize that Trump is pretty much directly responsible for the disastrous pandemic response, the reason the border is closed and 90% of Canadians want to keep it that way.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post

I'm not sure how much it matters anyway. If there's no certified election result by noon on January 20, Trump's term ends and the speaker of the house automatically becomes president. We've never done that before and who knows how it would go - but the constitution is pretty explicit (although I get that a lot of the Trump GOP would like to wipe their asses with it, except the parts they can use it to their advantage). I'd put the chances of the election actually being delayed pretty close to zero. Trump is a windbag who likes to make outrageous statements and claims but rarely follows through or backs them up when called out on it.

I mean, I'm not willing to immediately dismiss anything with how this year has gone, but I think this idea that Trump is going to basically declare himself king and refuse to leave is pretty unlikely. Plus, if you think people are pissed/rioting now, they are sure as hell not going to be happier if that did happen. I do however think he will do anything and everything he can to subvert the election process and bend it to another win, because he knows he can't do it fairly. This is a president who has never had an average popularity over 45% during his entire term, most of the time it's been stuck between 41-42%.
        Up until a couple of weeks ago I would have agreed, but the concerning detail of the P.E.A.D.'s are that they suspend the constitution as I understand it. New ball game, new rules by the game creator or dictator. The US Constitution gets trumped. Up until a couple of weeks ago I never thought this could be possible with our democracy, even if it isn't very probable. It's that it's possible.

Comment

I guess it's one of those powers that whoever came up with it, never imagined somebody like Trump would be president and willing to twist it to his own aims.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

We started my wife's citizenship application (legally, duh) before all of this started. But she's stuck in the queue and nobody is processing anything, not just because of COVID - it's also because of Trump policies from the very top. It's already been pushed back months, and if it's not approved she won't even be able to renew her green card potentially. God forbid Trump wins another term. It will literally break apart my family.
            real talk. getting through the green card process with my wife under the current administration is probably one of my more impressive accomplishments in life. (bonus points: when we went in for the interview at 630 sansome here in sf, they asked her the questions you'd expect about "are you part of a sedition group, do you want to overthrow the US govt" and *she* doesn't but i'd pulled security/logistics on the Occupy ICE protest *at the same building* a few months earlier. awkward.)
            past:
            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:
            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

My friend went through the green card interview with his wife recently as well. The interviewing immigration officer decided it was a good idea to ask them in vivid, graphic detail about their sex life. He then suggested that it was very American to be a housewife and her aspirations to do anything else (they're both math PhD's) were cause for deep suspicion. Very strange experience apparently.

Also, anyone read through the SIC report that just dropped about 2016 election interference? I skimmed some highlights and it's full of pretty scary shit.
              cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                Also, anyone read through the SIC report that just dropped about 2016 election interference? I skimmed some highlights and it's full of pretty scary shit.
                cliffnotes?
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Her green card expires in 2022. With any luck, the fat orange retard won't be president anymore and it won't be a problem - her citizenship should be a slam dunk too, but, well, who knows. The original interview was pretty easy in 2010, but we had to do hers in Montreal because she's Canadian and you just have to do what they say...
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

oh god...

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

cliffnotes?
                      this article is a good overview - https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...a-hoax/615373/

tl;dr

- report confirms collusion:
                      - Manafort, at Trump's direction, worked closely with Kilimnik to orchestrate state-sponsored hacks into the Democrat campaign
                      - Kilimnik confirmed to be working for Russian Intelligence
                      - Stone, at Trump's direction, directed Wikileaks to publicize Podesta emails to distract from the Access Hollywood scandal
                      - report confirms that original Mueller investigation was heavily obstructed by the White House via blocked testimonies, and that this was not legal
                      - report was compiled and published by a bipartisan committee led by Republicans

choice quote from the democrats' closing statement of the report -
                      It is our conclusion, based on the facts detailed in the Committee's Report, that the Russian intelligence services' assault on the integrity of the 2016 U.S. electoral process and Trump and his associates' participation in and enabling of this Russian activity, represents one of the single most grave counterintelligence threats to American national security in the modern era.
                      cars beep boop

Comment

Yet they still continue to suck his dick. The GOP lost whatever shreds of integrity they still had when they acquitted him.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Trump's Hypocrisy is unlimited. It's too bad we can't tap it as an energy source!

Trump, While Attacking Mail Voting, Casts Mail Ballot Again

President Trump cast a vote-by-mail ballot in Florida this week, after months of questioning the security of the method of voting, and in doing so he returned it to election officials using a technique many Republicans say should be illegal.
                          https://www.npr.org/2020/08/19/90388...l-ballot-again
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Trump's Hypocrisy is unlimited. It's too bad we can't tap it as an energy source!

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/19/90388...l-ballot-again
                            You expect logic or something? You also expect supporters to see through that level of double talk? Preaching to the choir I think.

Comment

Oh, I know. I noticed that his choir boys have disappeared from this thread. I guess this level of cognitive dissonance was too much to handle.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

ya bro. you WON. congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X