No announcement yet.

Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate the argument that 'Obamacare doesn't work' Its expensive and not ideal sure, but it has literally saved lives by providing insurance to people who don't have it. To me that sounds like working.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

People who complain about it, are usually people who aren't using it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
        I hate the argument that 'Obamacare doesn't work' Its expensive and not ideal sure, but it has literally saved lives by providing insurance to people who don't have it. To me that sounds like working.
        The truth is that Trump and the GOP repeatedly sabotage it so it will look like it is 'failing'. Then they claim it is in a 'death-spiral' so that it's necessary to pass something, anything better. Their "better" is just more control and profit back to Private Health Care Insurers who are simultaneously stuffing these lawmaker's campaign coffers.
        1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Originally posted by saucers View Post
          People who complain about it, are the ones that have to pay more because of the noncomplainers
          Fify. My work provided shit that when it was first started cost $4xx for the employee up to $14xx for a family, that went up to 5xx and 16xx. Beyond ridiculous. Thank God my wife's family plan was much better and only cost us $2xx a month. My paycheck isnt a charity for people with smaller paychecks. Other people arnt my responsibility, they are adults.
          Obamacare was designed to be shitty to bring along single payer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
            Fify. My work provided shit that when it was first started cost $4xx for the employee up to $14xx for a family, that went up to 5xx and 16xx. Beyond ridiculous. Thank God my wife's family plan was much better and only cost us $2xx a month. My paycheck isnt a charity for people with smaller paychecks. Other people arnt my responsibility, they are adults.
            See this is exactly what i'm talking about, people complaining just to complain.
            You were paying $4xx instead of $2xx all along, because you didn't check other options.

Comment

And you think if the ACA were abolished your premiums would go back down? If you believe that... you are the ideal consumer in the eyes of corporate America. Just ask all the telecoms/ISPs/Mobile carriers while their mergers were being approved promising lower prices and better service after teh mergers... never happened, prices went UP and service quality went down.

Your premiums are going to continue to rise (and were going to continue to rise) despite the ACA. Not because of it. Like every gas price hike, insurers just saw an excuse to raise prices... and took advantage of it. Ours went up a hundred bucks a month as well through my wife's employer. I don't blame that on the millions more who now have some basic health care.

My paycheck isnt a charity for people with smaller paychecks.
              But you're perfectly happy letting it be a piggy bank for corporate exectives to buy their G5's and Bentleys. I share your anger at how much we pay for health care but think you are aiming it at the wrong targets.
              Last edited by Schnitzer318is; 04-02-2019, 03:59 PM.
              "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
              -----------------------------------------
              91 318is Turbo Sold
              87 325 Daily driver Sold
              06 4.8is X5
              06 Mtec X3
              05 4.4i X5 Sold
              92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
              90 325i Sold
              97 328is Sold
              01 323ci Sold
              92 325i Sold
              83 528e Totaled
              98 328i Sold
              93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                And you think if the ACA were abolished your premiums would go back down? If you believe that... you are the ideal consumer in the eyes of corporate America. Just ask all the telecoms/ISPs/Mobile carriers after their mergers who promised lower prices after mergers... never happened.

Your premiums are going to continue to rise (and were going to continue to rise) despite the ACA. Not because of it. Like every gas price hike, insurers just saw an excuse to raise prices... and took advantage of it. Ours went up a hundred bucks a month as well through my wife's employer. I don't blame that on the millions more who now have some basic health care.
                no schnitzer, you can't possibly be right... the free market has all of our best interests in mind.

(wipes sarcasm off of you in case it wasn't clear)
                past:
                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                1985 323i baur
                current:
                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

The Constitution is a federal document its meant to lay out the frame work of what the Federal govt is NOT allowed to do.

Recognize this
                  The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people
                  I know what the constitution is. Believe it or not, damn near every country on earth has one. Yours is no more special then theirs.

This is why a large portion of the STATES individual Constitution contain similar wording to the 2a.
                  Other way around. Your constitution (bill or rights) is based largely off of Virginia's declaration of rights. Hell, your 2a is based off British gun rights. Even the Madison had this to say about the bill of rights " useful, but not essential".

And I'll point out again that when it was those on the right that actually banned the very same guns you guys were perfectly ok with it. But if a politician on the left even mentions the idea you guys lose your shit. It's pure hypocrisy.

I'll also point out that your views constantly contradict each other. On one hand you state that the 2a can and should block people from some forms of military level armaments. Than on the other state the 2a allows you the right to those same armaments. You state the constitution is set in stone, then say you can change it. (Please don't rant about the mechanisms for changing it, merely pointing out the conflicting view points.)

Nahhh we have societal issues, mostly cropping up from the theories turned policy/social norms from the 1960's.
                  I find this curious as well. As the same political party has largely been in charge since then. Republicans. The majority of major policy changes and new policy, as well as regulation has been republican. There have been democratic bubbles during that span, but nothing with any major policy shifts. So are you saying that America's social issues are due to the policy of republicans? Or are you arguing that the democrates, with very few actual policies being put into effect are the cause?

Comment

See this is exactly what i'm talking about, people complaining just to complain.
                    You were paying $4xx instead of $2xx all along, because you didn't check other options.
                    I must say first that I' took some oxy's for a messed up lower back and I get really bad fog in my head when i take them
                    , so this is probably going to be some fucked up reading

I never was on my company ins, so you're wrong.

I'm a government contractor so I dont know if this applies to everyone that gets H&W, but obama made it to where if I didnt get on with the company ins plan or if there was any money from H&W left after ins was paid, that money has to go into your 401k. Getting ins elsewhere means that you have to pay for ins out of your paycheck and h&w goes to the 401k Before this regulation we would recieve that money in our paychecks and it was up to you what happened to it. That made some guys that have are the only breadwinner with kids and a wife have to find a new job or have a large amount of monthly income disappear. I'm glad it really didnt affect me too much because I was putting in around the same money towards retirement anyways, but it did absolutely ruin some guys that

My wife's plan before Obama care was over 50% less a month and had better coverage. As soon as implemented the price went through the roof. That wasnt because of inflation or any other variable that would cause prices to go up, that was 100% to do with obamacare. Also yes I'm fully aware that rates go up, but they didnt climb even close to what they have since obamacare started. I havent seen it go up at a rate even close to what it has in the 20 years I've been working.

So yeah I'm not too keen on helping people that didnt have healthcare. Then again I've never gave a shit about people I dont know that cant get by on their own.

Comment

Originally posted by CarpHunter View Post
                      I know what the constitution is. Believe it or not, damn near every country on earth has one. Yours is no more special then theirs.
                      Wow. Ignorant of history maybe? Whether you’re a fan of the USA or not, the USA and it’s constutution was, at the time it was written, and today, unique.

Apparently wherever you are on earth your education system is no better than ours.
                      “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Wow. Ignorant of history maybe? Whether you’re a fan of the USA or not, the USA and it’s constutution was, at the time it was written, and today, unique.
                        Or maybe, like a large majority of americans I've met, your a bit ignorant of world history. You see there were many civilizations throughout history before the United states. All around the world even. A constitution is an idea that dates back as far as the first civilizations to leave writing. Some would make yours outdated with the freedoms listed. Even yours isn't original, borrowing heavily on Greek, Roman, and even British documents. Don't be arrogant.

Now I'm not saying yours isn't good, or great even. But it in no way, shape, or form is special. It's only special to you.

As for my opinion of america, love it. But love it like you would a alcoholic relative. My heart wants it to be its great self, and hopes it will. But my head and logic says it won't.

Apparently wherever you are on earth your education system is no better than ours.
                        If all you have is bad personal attacks, just don't respond. If you wanna have actual conversations, I'm willing.

Comment

it's never going to stop amusing me how the people complaining the most about the government are usually the ones eating the cheese.
                          past:
                          1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                          1985 323i baur
                          current:
                          1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by CarpHunter View Post
                            Or maybe, like a large majority of americans I've met, your a bit ignorant of world history. You see there were many civilizations throughout history before the United states. All around the world even. A constitution is an idea that dates back as far as the first civilizations to leave writing. Some would make yours outdated with the freedoms listed. Even yours isn't original, borrowing heavily on Greek, Roman, and even British documents. Don't be arrogant.

Now I'm not saying yours isn't good, or great even. But it in no way, shape, or form is special. It's only special to you.

As for my opinion of america, love it. But love it like you would a alcoholic relative. My heart wants it to be its great self, and hopes it will. But my head and logic says it won't.

If all you have is bad personal attacks, just don't respond. If you wanna have actual conversations, I'm willing.
                            What the fuck. Why do you always delete the name of who you were replying back to?

All you need to do is not just not do that.

Comment

Who was it that call Obama 'the great liar'

Fourth time he's claimed his father was born in Germany
                              https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ny/3346343002/

Comment

Who was it that call Obama 'the great liar'

Fourth time he's claimed his father was born in Germany
                                https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ny/3346343002/
                                It would be impossible to chronicle all the lies this guy tells, there's not enough space nor time.

Was laughing when I heard him bragging about "winning 18 golf club championships." Turns out usually every time a course in his name opens, he plays it by himself and that is what he is referring to as winning a "championship". Sometimes he wasn't even present for his "championship" or the club wasn't even open at the time.

Rich stuff coming from someone who is a known golf cheat, and constantly chided our former 3 presidents for playing golf, except that he has outpaced them all by far margin.
                                1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Working...
                                X