Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phillipj View Post
    1. You began by quoting my post about the subject at hand: the President's military threat, the staged photo op and the gassing of peaceful protestors and took it to a whole different place to avoid that subject. It's the Trump thread, by the way. Who here would like to see your own "Black Lives Matter is a Joke" and "Systemic Racial Injustice and Police Brutality doesn't exist" thread? You hijacked here with (what is in my opinion) utter nonsense.

2. My exact words "Relatively Few" is much different than "Few"; just do a serious comparison of the scale & number of each. Those protests were also much more than relatively white. You first brought up comparing the nature of these protests (which I do find ridiculous), so if you want to go there let's be accurate. Details matter -- that's "depth." If you cherry pick statistics and details when they suit you, and discard what doesn't, and use non-sequiturs often, that's a lack of depth.

3. The idea of defunding the Police isn't a bad one. It's being talked about as taking responsibilities away from the police that they don't want anyways and often aren't qualified for or have a background with. A policeman doesn't need to be a dog catcher or a social worker, for example. And the police force doesn't need to have MRAPS and humvees. Are our local Police force our guardians? Or are they Warriors?

4. Anyone can certainly agree that criminal history will play into sentencing, and that would definitely skew those demographic numbers. I wholeheartedly agree with you and of course the Marshall Project excerpt. However with systemic racism, if a certain demographic person gets picked up initially for what might be let go or overlooked for someone else, we're going to start seeing a snowball effect. That will play into and eventually exacerbate racial disparity sentencing realities.

You can make all these assumptions about me, and we can go in circles with whatever spun statistics you want, but, really, it's super simple: if I see something like this (above) that you said at the beginning and are repeating now, it's going to bother me enough to respond. It would certainly bother my close black friends even more. Because it's ignorant. Perhaps go sit down and have a conversation in real life, not behind a screen on the internet, with some Black guys here in LA and tell them your theories, and see where the conversation goes? I'd like to hear about it. Otherwise, we are going nowhere fast.

I was living amongst the Laquan McDonald disaster in Chicago not that long ago. Systemic racism, police brutality, cover-ups - it all very much exists. Meanwhile, you can have a white supremacist go into a Kroger or a Church or wherever and shoot up a bunch of people and the Police will subdue and arrest them and now they are very much alive and well in handcuffs in court. These are seriously awful and complex issues and it is impossible to do them due diligence here, however, I assure you, racist police brutality and systemic racism very much exists today in America. The few things occasionally, randomly caught on film are only the tip of the iceberg.
    spun statistics lol cherry picked statistics LOL. Anything that challenges your beliefs is immediately dismissed, because you are that person I described in my first post.

listen to yourself.. You think I haven't had this conversation before in real life? You really think people black communities don't also see what I see? You probably think I'm a racist too, right? You want me to go find some black guys in LA as if I don't have any black friends? You don't think I would say this to anyone, because I'm afraid of what they will say? You say I'm ignorant when I'm presenting you real facts and numbers, then you say it's spun or this or that. Maybe you don't quite understand what that word means..

You are being willfully ignorant..

Have fun playing SJW. Don't white shame yourself too much.

Enjoy the Trump thread.

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

You want me to go find some black guys in LA as if I don't have any black friends? You don't think I would say this to anyone, because I'm afraid of what they will say?
      Yes.

Seriously, tell us all: how did it go? I mean, exactly, how did it all go down? What happened with all your black buddies when you said to them, unequivocally, like you said here: "systemic racism and systemic police brutality against black people does not exist." Your exact words.

How'd that go?

You got some grade-A bullshit.
      Last edited by phillipj; 06-10-2020, 10:21 PM.
      1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Yes.

Seriously, tell us all: how did it go? I mean, exactly, how did it all go down? What happened with all your black buddies when you said to them, unequivocally, like you said here: "systemic racism and systemic police brutality against black people does not exist." Your exact words.

How'd that go?

You got some grade-A bullshit.
        Yeah, I'm full of bullshit lol

Me

I mean, what are you going to say when they agree with me?

That I'm full of bullshit?

My black friends see all the white people getting played to donating to BLM and all of that money is sent to ActBlue, which it says right on their site.
        They see how political all of this is. My friends aren't retards

IDK if you're familiar with ActBlue, but they pull all the donations stupid people donate to BLM and sent it straight to democratic political campaigns.

Our movement is dedicated to ending state-sanctioned violence, liberating Black people, and ending white supremacy forever. Join us in supporting the movement today!

https://www.opensecrets.org/outsides...224&cycle=2020

LOL

This is great. Holy shit.

I can keep it goin' if you want LOL

I can keep shattering your "reality"
        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Loooooooooooooooooool

administrative rent, utilities & office expenses $2,315,932
          administrative travel & lodging $740,063
          administrative consulting $495,589
          administrative data & technology $364,777
          miscellaneous administrative $158,856
          administrative event expenses & food $111,586
          accountants, compliance & legal services $74,166
          campaign expenses campaign events & activities $87,604
          campaign mailings & materials $1,181
          contributions contributions to federal candidates $1,057,598,402
          contributions to committees $173,518,241
          contributions to national parties $118,292,171
          contributions to joint fundraising committees $30,054,811
          contributions to state & local parties $21,077,128
          miscellaneous contributions $365,971
          contributions to state & local candidates $83,239
          fundraising fundraising fees $1,351,269
          miscellaneous fundraising $13,123
          fundraising consulting $9,875
          fundraising data & technology $-53
          media miscellaneous media $11,775
          broadcast ads $8,447
          web ads $3,380
          unspecified media buys $1,830
          salaries salaries, wages & benefits $15,849,366
          strategy & research campaign strategy & communications consulting $355,863
          campaign data & technology $23,500
          unclassifiable unclassifiable $1,003,419
          unclassifiable event expenses $756,979
          unclassifiable data & technology $547,507
          unclassifiable printing & shipping $91,885
          unclassifiable consulting $82,984
          unclassifiable supplies & equipment $657

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            Yeah, I'm full of bullshit lol

Me

I mean, what are you going to say when they agree with me?

That I'm full of bullshit?

My black friends see all the white people getting played to donating to BLM and all of that money is sent to ActBlue, which it says right on their site.
            They see how political all of this is. My friends aren't retards
            You are changing the subject. That's not what this is about. I kept commenting only because I rejected your premise from the beginning: "systemic racism does not exist", "systemic police brutality against black people does not exist."Those are your words. You are proud to deny systemic racial discrimination like you're revealing some grand conspiracy. I'm no "social justice warrior" but when I see a know-it-all parading deceptive narratives on a dangerous subject like racism it pisses me off enough to speak up. I bet you your BMW you've never said those exact words to any of your "black friends" in person, that's specifically where I am calling your bullshit. Oh but it's easy to hide on the internet and spout off like this. Keep slightly changing subjects and throwing up numbers that don't really speak to the point.

I don't have the bandwidth or time to waste with this anymore. Maybe others will call your bullshit too.

Comment

You are changing the subject. That's not what this is about. I kept commenting only because I rejected your premise from the beginning: "systemic racism does not exist", "systemic police brutality against black people does not exist."Those are your words. You are proud to deny systemic racial discrimination like you're revealing some grand conspiracy. I'm no "social justice warrior" but when I see a know-it-all parading deceptive narratives on a dangerous subject like racism it pisses me off enough to speak up. I bet you your BMW you've never said those exact words to any of your "black friends" in person, that's specifically where I am calling your bullshit. Oh but it's easy to hide on the internet and spout off like this. Keep slightly changing subjects and throwing up numbers that don't really speak to the point.

I don't have the bandwidth or time to waste with this anymore. Maybe others will call your bullshit too.
              Dude what subject am I changing? The topic is still, systemic racism is a fallacy and BLM is a joke which I have yet to deviate from.

Proud? I'm just not an idiot and can make sense of basic statistics, it's not a conspiracy. The only deceptive narrative is the one you stand behind.

You won't accept anything that challenges what you're standing behind.

Well, what do you want me to say? You're wrong and now I'll take delivery of you BMW? You want me to sit here and type out my experience when I spoke about this with my black friends? You want me to reduce them to some token black guy that I talked to about this so I can get phillipj's approval on r3v that I'm not a keyboard warrior? What the hell kind of request is that? That's where you are right now. Like holy shit what a bizarre request. You have nothing left to challenge my points so here we are.

I've already presented multiple stats that disprove the idea of systemic police brutality, you just reject them.

I've shown you that BLM is a joke and you're probably mad because you donated to BLM, then just now realized an old white guy named Joe Biden is getting your money.

If I told you 2+2=4, you tell me that's bullshit :rofl:

Comment

Actually you blatantly lied above:

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                IDK if you're familiar with ActBlue, but they pull all the donations stupid people donate to BLM and sent it straight to democratic political campaigns.
                That's a lie. ActBlue Charities takes a 3.95% processing fee, the remaining 96.05% goes to the BLM Global Network Fund.

Then you throw up a bunch of numbers and links in regards to ActBlue's balance sheet in the 2020 election cycle as if that was somehow proof, but it's actually a complete non-sequitur. That, in fact, is "changing the subject." You could also more specifically call it gaslighting us. You are either really sloppy, or devious. I'm getting that it's a good mix of both.

Last edited by phillipj; 06-12-2020, 03:25 PM.

Comment

So nothing on Decays buddies taking over 7 blocks in Seattle denouncing their citizenship and hold the people who live and work in that 7 block area basically hostage ???? First things they do with their new "govt." is build a wall, disallow immigrants and check the IDs of all persons wishing to gain entry seems kinda "Fascisty" to me.
                  Last edited by mrsleeve; 06-12-2020, 04:34 PM.
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Who's down for some tacos from CHAZ?
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd
                    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      So nothing on Decays buddies taking over 7 blocks in Seattle denouncing their citizenship and hold the people who live and work in that 7 block area basically hostage ???? First things they do with their new "govt." is build a wall, disallow immigrants and check the IDs of all persons wishing to gain entry seems kinda "Fascisty" to me.
                      Hm. Are you getting that from continuous play on Fox news? or... Where? https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-p...sses-extortion I just talked to my best builder buddy in Seattle tonight and he says that story is BS and being spun hard. Someone brought it up in their achitect/builder Covid zoom work group from afar and they got corrected quickly.

Maybe first talk about the Boogaloos or the Proud Boys. They at least have proven links to inciting violence amongst the protests.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        dude, 1. where are you getting this from? 2. the "AnTiFa ArE tHe ReAl FaScIsTs" trope is getting really goddamned old. they are not doing any of that shit. here, have one link from the NYT and one copypasta from a contact on the ground.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/11/u...mous-zone.html

I just got back from a walk around the #CHAZ. I had to see it for myself, talk to people on the street, and take photos. So, here is my experience.
                        A friend that lives inside the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone offered me parking in his building. So I got to verify first hand that they will move the barricades to allow for deliveries and local car access. Any rumors to the contrary are absurd.
                        From there, we walked around the whole thing, every street, and took a look at every barricade. We went to look at the public gardens (there are three of them now, all near each other) where people are planting flowers and vegetables. I talked to a "security" guard. He was unarmed, and there were no weapons that I saw at all. The guard I spoke to was a bouncer at a local bar whose been volunteering his time to do security up there since the protests started. He was very friendly, happy to answer questions, give directions, and said that the only problems they have had were a few groups of people that have approached with clearly violent and/or disruptive attitudes. Those groups were told that they were not welcome in the zone if they were going to be disruptive, and they left.
                        The thing that stuck out the most for me was just how polite and friendly everyone was. Whether they were walking around, taking photos (like I was), volunteering as security/medic/counseling, or giving away food. That's right; no one will go hungry in the #CHAZ! You could hardly walk half a block without being offered hot sandwiches or pizza. There were stands set up almost every block with free water, snacks, and PPE. All free for anyone who wanted it, tourists, volunteers, homeless, anyone.
                        We got told about a couple of instigators that tried to set the police station on fire last night, they were chased off and the fire was put out by people that saw it happen before any damage was done to the building. There weren't even scorch marks.
                        There was a lot of new graffiti, and while I don't generally condone graffiti, it seems like the most minimal amount of "damage" you could do. Much of it was on the street instead of on buildings or on plywood or plastic coverings instead of on the buildings themselves.
                        It was a great experience, one that made me feel good about how people can come together peacefully to create something awesome. I don't believe it will last, at least not in its current form, but as a short term experiment, I think I can say with confidence, it is a success. There have, of course, been some issues. That's always going to be the case, most of them seem to have been handled more quickly and better than the police ever could have or would have. I am very comfortable saying that I would be happy to live in a community that was run like this one.
                        but i'm sure as usual you will sit at home in your living room in rural montana where nothing's going down and trust the right-wing psyops campaign over someone who's actually boots on the ground throwing gas rounds back at fucking pigs
                        Last edited by decay; 06-14-2020, 01:49 PM.
                        past:
                        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                        1985 323i baur
                        current:
                        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

if armed domestic terrorists took over 7 blocks that would be probably the biggest news right now

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                            if armed domestic terrorists took over 7 blocks that would be probably the biggest news right now
                            it's almost like it's... "fake news" or something
                            past:
                            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                            1985 323i baur
                            current:

Comment

I gotta pipe up for my state and the people in the CHOP too. The fact that Fox Photoshopped in the same armed dude in like 6 pictures is fucking nuts. The fact that Hardcore gubmint gun take muh guns conservatives are not orgasming to the thought of an armed militia using their right of open carry to defend their fellow citizens right to protest is HILARIOUS.

Its gotta be so hard to justify yourself at this point.

Also SPD gassing that same neighborhood out for the last 3 weeks is ok but open carry now isnt?
                              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                              willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                                I gotta pipe up for my state and the people in the CHOP too. The fact that Fox Photoshopped in the same armed dude in like 6 pictures is fucking nuts. The fact that Hardcore gubmint gun take muh guns conservatives are not orgasming to the thought of an armed militia using their right of open carry to defend their fellow citizens right to protest is HILARIOUS.

Its gotta be so hard to justify yourself at this point.

Also SPD gassing that same neighborhood out for the last 3 weeks is ok but open carry now isnt?
                                the conservatives have shown themselves to be the same nutsackless wankers they've always been (*cough*sleeve*cough*), when the shit actually hit the fan. same fucking assholes who called for war in afghanistan and iraq but never signed up

meanwhile "ANTIFA"'s over here building a CA-compliant AR15
                                past:
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:

Comment

Working...
                                X