Trump’s reelection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump’s reelection

And why Republicans will maintain control of Congress later this year, with a hat tip to Decay for pointing out Pointman:

There was something which happened in the 1980s which was variously labeled the death of the liberal dream or the great extinction of the liberal dream. It was much discussed at the time, but you&#…
    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comedy gold.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

It gonna take more than Russian intervention to have Cheetah reelected... ;-)
      Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
        And why Republicans will maintain control of Congress later this year, with a hat tip to Decay for pointing out Pointman:

https://thepointman.wordpress.com/20...liberal-dream/
        uhm- i don't remember mentioning him at any point (ha) and it's not showing up in search history. ?
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

The plot thickens.

lol

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

If you think R' s will remain in charge of Congress this year I have a bridge in SF for sale. While I do feel liberals are starting to eat their own, and sew their own demise, Republicans are also doing the same( albeit in a less spectacular way). I don't think society is quite far gone enough to where the populous have realised that all this faux outrage over the smallest perceived slight, real or not, is maintainable. SJW keep painting themselves farther and farther into the corner, soon they will have nowhere to step, but we're not their yet.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
              If you think R' s will remain in charge of Congress this year I have a bridge in SF for sale. While I do feel liberals are starting to eat their own, and sew their own demise, Republicans are also doing the same( albeit in a less spectacular way). I don't think society is quite far gone enough to where the populous have realised that all this faux outrage over the smallest perceived slight, real or not, is maintainable. SJW keep painting themselves farther and farther into the corner, soon they will have nowhere to step, but we're not their yet.
              QFT.

Except that the "family" party seems to have had a pretty big misstep nominating a narcissistic, vindictive, womanizer. And yes, none of that dictates how good of a politician someone might be... but it certainly goes against party values. It did get them the presidency and the supreme court... and maybe that was enough. But I think it is going to cost them in the long run.
              "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
              -----------------------------------------
              91 318is Turbo Sold
              87 325 Daily driver Sold
              06 4.8is X5
              06 Mtec X3
              05 4.4i X5 Sold
              92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
              90 325i Sold
              97 328is Sold
              01 323ci Sold
              92 325i Sold
              83 528e Totaled
              98 328i Sold
              93 325i Sold

Comment

yet another winner of a thread for the experts of r3v to take an incredibly serious political crack at. woooo hoooo!

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                It gonna take more than Russian intervention to have Cheetah reelected... ;-)
                I thought I would quote this for posterity.

I think the guy is a bafoon, but how can you possibly say this? I kind of feel like you are throwing stones across your border?
                sigpic
                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                  QFT.

Except that the "family" party seems to have had a pretty big misstep nominating a narcissistic, vindictive, womanizer. And yes, none of that dictates how good of a politician someone might be... but it certainly goes against party values. It did get them the presidency and the supreme court... and maybe that was enough. But I think it is going to cost them in the long run.
                  you could have said this in 1993
                  “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                  Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I hardly think you can conflate Bill Clinton with Donald Trump, two completely different personalities. Sure Clinton chased tail, but he was still seen as a fairly likable politician, which is why he got elected over George HW Bush, who was seen as the "old news" candidate of the day.

Additionally, Clinton's approval rating was at it's lowest 6 months into his presidency at 42%, Trump's approval rating hasn't been above 40% since his second month in office and is only falling. By the time Clinton left office his approval rating was over 65%. Trump's is currently sitting below 35%.

Trump obviously still has 2.5 years to turn that around, but the way things are going I just don't see it. Traditionally, presidents see their highest approval ratings during the first year in office and lower approval ratings at the end of their term. The only one to buck that trend since 1946 has been Clinton, otherwise they all finished lower than they started. Trump could be the exception, but I doubt it, which means he could end up being the least favorable president ever.

EDIT: And before someone says it, I know, those polls have been fake news since 1946, can't trust 'em

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                      I think the guy is a bafoon, but how can you possibly say this? I kind of feel like you are throwing stones across your border?
                      If we had a big enough wall he wouldn't be able to throw stones.
                      Steve • Toronto
                      1991 318is • Brillantrot
                      Build Thread

Comment

Would that be to keep the Mexicans and central Americans out too?? Or just to keep all the weed in BC in the country
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

Interesting article making parallels between "The Apprentice" and Trump's presidency. The fall though may happen at mid-term, not on second term or season 2 as was the case for "The Apprentice" because so far, whatever Trump touches, crumbles. Whoever he supports, fails. Whatever he says, returns against him. ;-)

"Before his inauguration, according to the New York Times, he advised aides to treat each day like an episode of a show. “Welcome back to the studio,” Trump told reporters in January at the White House, reveling in the “ratings” of one of his live meetings with congressional leaders."
                          Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

so here is where we are today

Democrats are going defend MS13 gangs from Trump calling them animals, which is not nice, and that will get them votes.

Democrats are going to run on defending Hamas trying to break into Israel and kill civilians, and accuse Israel of shooting them unfairly, and that will get them votes.

Democrats are going to run on repealing the last tax cut and lowering your take home pay, and that will get them votes.

Democrats are going to run on impeaching Trump for winning the Presidency and that it is unfair, and that will get them votes.

i see a blue wave coming!!
                            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                              so here is where we are today

Democrats are going defend MS13 gangs from Trump calling them animals, which is not nice, and that will get them votes.

Democrats are going to run on defending Hamas trying to break into Israel and kill civilians, and accuse Israel of shooting them unfairly, and that will get them votes.

Democrats are going to run on repealing the last tax cut and lowering your take home pay, and that will get them votes.

Democrats are going to run on impeaching Trump for winning the Presidency and that it is unfair, and that will get them votes.

i see a blue wave coming!!

Is there any end to how wrong you can be?

How can you tell people to look shit up yet can't yourself????

Iranian frozen assets
                              From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                              Iranian frozen assets in international accounts are calculated to be worth between $100 billion[1][2] and $120 billion.[3][4] Almost $1.973 billion of Iran's assets are frozen in the United States.[5] According to the Congressional Research Service, in addition to the money locked up in foreign bank accounts, Iran's frozen assets include real estate and other property. The estimated value of Iran's real estate in the U.S. and their accumulated rent is $50 million.[1] Besides the assets frozen in the U.S., some parts of Iran's assets are frozen around the world by the United Nations.[1]

Background
                              Iran's assets were first frozen by U.S. president Jimmy Carter in 1979, after revolutionaries overthrew the U.S.-allied Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi's administration and took American hostages. After the Iranian Revolution in 1979, the United States ended its economic and diplomatic ties with Iran, banned Iranian oil imports and froze approximately 11 billion 1980-US dollars of its assets.[6]

Many of the assets were then unfrozen in 1981 after the Algiers Accords were signed and the hostage crisis ended.[dubious – discuss] At the time of the 1979 revolution, the Pentagon re-sold some $400 million in Iranian military equipment already paid for by the deposed government, and the money was "placed in an escrow account".[1]

Much of the frozen cash includes Iran's income from selling a limited amount of oil prior to the lifting of the sanctions, when Iran could legally sell oil but could not transfer the money back to Iran, because doing so was illegal under U.S. sanctions.[2]

After nuclear negotiations
                              Some pages of the JCPOA were dedicated to the listing of individuals and entities whose assets would be unfrozen.[1] According to Nader Habibi, a professor of economics at Brandeis University, JCPOA will lead to the release of only about $30 billion worth of assets; a similar figure of about $32 billion was estimated by Valiollah Seif, the chief of Iran's central bank.[2]

According to the Washington Institute in 2015:[7] "...the pre-deal asset freeze did not have as great an impact on the Iranian government as some statements from Washington suggested. And going forward, the post-deal relaxation of restrictions will not have as great an impact as some critics of the deal suggest."

The US government also has seized a Manhattan skyscraper belonging to the Iranian government (worth over a billion US dollar).

2016 seizure of Iranian assets
                              Main article: Bank Markazi v. Peterson
                              The US Supreme Court supported the statements of Congress and President Barack Obama that Iran "was financially responsible for the 1983 bombing that killed 241 Marines at their barracks in the Lebanese capital, Beirut."[8] Iran had denied any involvement in any of the bombings.[9] Families of the Marines and victims of other attacks that courts have linked to Iran are allowed under the court's law to seize some $2 billion in assets held in New York’s Citibank belonging to the Central Bank of Iran. Iranian president Hassan Rouhani, called the action "blatant robbery".[8]

In response to Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif's letter to Ban Ki-moon, the UN Secretary-General showed willingness to help resolve the dispute between Iran and U.S., provided that both parties request for UN brokering.[10
                              Last edited by parkerbink; 05-21-2018, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X