Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are ALL being played

no matter your political leanings/beliefs

here's a couple of books for those that can read, and for you libs there is always the audio version!

This is from an investigative journalist, apolitical, smart, smart lady. After reading this is hard to know where to go find the truth. And it's not all about Obama:

Stonewalled: My Fight for Truth Against the Forces of Obstruction, Intimidation, and Harassment in Obama's Washington
    Sharyl Attkisson

and from a decidedly conservative guy, former law enforcement and secret service, about the framing of Donald Trump and the Russian collusion hoax, sourced and footnoted from non-conservative sources. If 1/10th of what he says and has researched is true, this goes beyond politics to treason. It's an entertaining read. The relationships between the players alleging collusion, for the laymen like me, is a smoking gun:

Spygate: The Attempted Sabotage of Donald J. Trump
    Dan Bongino

Merry Christmas
    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

while we're sharing- i'm in the middle of cramming an InfoSec book before an interview on wednesday, but this is on-topic for your thread and on my shelf/reading list-

Weaponized Lies: How To Think Critically In the Post-Truth Era
    Daniel J. Levitin
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Dan Bongino is a good, local dude.

That being said, read "This Town" by Mark Leibovich. They (the political class) are all in bed together in some form or fashion.
      BEERTECH

Comment

This becomes clear, and even more tangible, in a local sense if you ever have the opportunity to acquaint yourself with your courthouse happenings.

Attorneys and judges... all get together at the end of the day. They all know each other. They all came from law school. Read the same texts. Quizzed on the same pool of knowledge.

"The world is a stage" was said a long time ago. Don't get too smart and think otherwise.
        ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
          Dan Bongino is a good, local dude.

That being said, read "This Town" by Mark Leibovich. They (the political class) are all in bed together in some form or fashion.
          Talk about local.....

He is a FLA resident now but has ties certainly back here.

He does have a podcast but I can't get into it much.. I know enough to stay out of it all. I try to keep a balance.

I may check out some of these books.. but the one that can be read the next time you are on the porcelain is by Retired USMC Major General Smedley Butler, " War is a Racket".

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
            This becomes clear, and even more tangible, in a local sense if you ever have the opportunity to acquaint yourself with your courthouse happenings.

Attorneys and judges... all get together at the end of the day. They all know each other. They all came from law school. Read the same texts. Quizzed on the same pool of knowledge.

"The world is a stage" was said a long time ago. Don't get too smart and think otherwise.
            I've seen this even in traffic court. Represent yourself and you are basically ignored.

But the one time I hired a lawyer after an accident where the Cop was a complete duck to me, I told the lawyer about a angle I had thought of to fight it. We went with my idea, he pitched it, and I walked out with the charge dropped.

Granted, he stated the case in a very precise way, but in my experience I wouldn't be taken seriously enough on my own to even make the case.

And yes, the lawyer knew the judge, and had a private conversation before the case was heard....
            No E30 Club
            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Talk about local.....

He is a FLA resident now but has ties certainly back here.

I didn't know that. Guess he rolled out after losing the race he was in.
              BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                I didn't know that. Guess he rolled out after losing the race he was in.
                He lived in my hood. Would do his daily, family walks .. see him often. I never really approached him much wanting him to enjoy his home and not be paparazi.

I ran into him at National Harbor for CPAC. Introduced myself and we chatted for a while.

He is very involved with his podcast and now it seems books!

Yes, after the race didn't go his favor he was out of town. I believe wife is from Florida? Maybe he will set up residency therr are try for office again.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                  I've seen this even in traffic court. Represent yourself and you are basically ignored.

But the one time I hired a lawyer after an accident where the Cop was a complete duck to me, I told the lawyer about a angle I had thought of to fight it. We went with my idea, he pitched it, and I walked out with the charge dropped.

Granted, he stated the case in a very precise way, but in my experience I wouldn't be taken seriously enough on my own to even make the case.

And yes, the lawyer knew the judge, and had a private conversation before the case was heard....
                  same exact thing I was going to post here. Ive never believed in Lawyers and always represented myself but when I was facing a violation of a probation on a complete joke I had to spend nearly $3k for a lawyer to spend a few minutes chatting with the Judge about it and getting it thrown out.

Pay for access, amirite?
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

And that is just your local court house.

Follow up the levels. Most states attorneys try to become county elected positions. Then run for state level. Then from the state go national.

The game stays the same, just more murky, more money, more blackmail, more to lose, more script to follow.

Those who are foolish enough to believe R vs D vs I ..... Are so caught up in hatred they cannot see beyond their nose.

At the end of the day they are all feasting at the same tables.

Read War is a Racket. The most decorated Leatherneck at the highest rank then permitted by the USMC.

Comment

Read War is a Racket. The most decorated Leatherneck at the highest rank then permitted by the USMC.

That’s on my list
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        That’s on my list
                        It is short, more an essay. On YT there are spoken versions, too, if you are a book on tape type.

Comment

Can second. Read it while in the USMC. Fantastic piece of literature. Definitely eye opening.
                          My previous build (currently E30-less)
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                            Can second. Read it while in the USMC. Fantastic piece of literature. Definitely eye opening.
                            Thank you for your service.

Seems that book would be contraband. Did it change your thoughts, reasons for your being there?

You learn of the greats, the Chesty Puller.. but you don't get told of this piece it seems from my reading.

We sponsor a USNA plebe who is USMC option. I am juggling in my mind if I leave a copy in his room to read.

Comment

Those who are foolish enough to believe R vs D vs I ..... Are so caught up in hatred they cannot see beyond their nose.

At the end of the day they are all feasting at the same tables.
                              ding ding ding.

Two sides of the same coin. With the exception of a few social issues, both parties are the same.

They both take money from Wall Street, they both continue to vote for things like the Patriot Act and the constant erosion of our civil liberties, they both continue to perpetuate never ending war, lack of fiscal responsibility, etc.
                              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Working...
                              X