Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phillipj View Post
    Debt Crisis snowballs based on everything leading up to now

My guess would be fissures leading to gaping cracks late Summer/Early Fall 2020
    We all know that economic crises wait to actualize until after mid-November in election years, and preferably until early February of the next year so that when there is an change in leadership and/or Congressional balance we can all conveniently blame the other side, pass another set of pointless temporary measures and never even bother to fix the underlying issues.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
      We all know that economic crises wait to actualize until after mid-November in election years, and preferably until early February of the next year so that when there is an change in leadership and/or Congressional balance we can all conveniently blame the other side, pass another set of pointless temporary measures and never even bother to fix the underlying issues.
      No, not really, but sure it is definitely true that Partisans will blame anything and everything on the other side.

We should be continuously analyzing and learning from history instead of trying to spin it to the political narrative of immediate convenience.
      1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

No, not really, but sure it is definitely true that Partisans will blame anything and everything on the other side.

We should be continuously analyzing and learning from history instead of trying to spin it to the political narrative of immediate convenience.
        It was a joke, convenient timing and all that. Agree that we should try to look back on the recent and distant past in as unbiased a way as possible to inform our current actions.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
          It was a joke, convenient timing and all that. Agree that we should try to look back on the recent and distant past in as unbiased a way as possible to inform our current actions.
          Gotcha, hard to gauge Sarcasm on here!

Comment

Mortgage rates are extremely low as of right now, if anyone in the market is looking for the r3v hook up PM me.
            sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
            1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
            1991 318is - Sold
            1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Latest Uncertainty Index per today's WSJ:
              • Hit its highest level on record in August. Turns out, we’re more uncertain now than after 9/11, the European debt crisis and Trump’s election in 2016.
              • Another uncertainty index on trade policy averaged a level of 2 between 1996 and 2018. This year it’s close to 100.

Comment

Latest Uncertainty Index per today's WSJ:
                • Hit its highest level on record in August. Turns out, we’re more uncertain now than after 9/11, the European debt crisis and Trump’s election in 2016.
                • Another uncertainty index on trade policy averaged a level of 2 between 1996 and 2018. This year it’s close to 100.
                Conspiracy time, the traders are looking to put negative pressure on stock prices, so they can profit buying low and riding the recovery.
                Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

Conspiracy time, the traders are looking to put negative pressure on stock prices, so they can profit buying low and riding the recovery.
                  Conspiracy time alternate..... Constant economic sky is falling prognostication from seeming legitimate sources, to put negative pressure on everything from stocks to real estate to real employment as to wipe out all gains of the last 3 years, just prior to the next election cycle to end any and all chance at 4 more years of Orange man bad, and thus allow the status quo to resume with fanfare......

Shit where did I leave my tin hat??????
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

That's put forth by Economists, not traders.

'Status quo' for America is in full effect, Trump just took off the mask.

Comment

Caterpillar's earnings usually tell us where the economy’s headed. They posted yesterday.
                      CEO Jim Umpleby said: "In the fourth quarter, we now expect end-user demand to be flat and dealers to make further inventory reductions due to global economic uncertainty."

Comment

Caterpillar's earnings usually tell us where the economy’s headed. They posted yesterday.
                        CEO Jim Umpleby said: "In the fourth quarter, we now expect end-user demand to be flat and dealers to make further inventory reductions due to global economic uncertainty."
                        I'm so glad I'm out of manufacturing now. I don't suspect my particular GBU will have any issues past slowed down hiring or a hiring freeze, during a downturn, unless it's of historic proportions again. Which I don't think it will be.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

So... How are you personally doing? How are you faring? During the 2008 downturn we were losing 200,000 jobs every week. Now, it's several million jobs every subsequent week.

My current job got put on hold. The other ones I was looking at are on total pause. My close friends, I'd say 3 out of 4 are laid off. Is this the same for you? What's your situation?

Comment

Sort of just chilling. Current company hasn’t axed me (yet), but if they do I’ll just treat the next 6 months of this whole panic as a vacation. I’m working as a web dev contractor in the insurance industry so chances of being laid off are lower than other professions/industries that are either more closely tied to the whole virus thing or are more heavily vested in the stock market but not totally bulletproof. That said, I’ve prepped for the worst case scenario and have a decent amount of cash savings built up. Stock market is looking like a nice big juicy steak as of now with all of the depreciated stocks - normally something I don’t pay attention to. Live with my parents; I could get my own place if I wanted, but don’t want to throw my money into housing bills. Dad’s company is letting him go soon and he keeps turning to me for job seeking advice, given that I make almost as much as him at only half his age.
                            1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
                            1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

Comment

Our company has everyone working from home so job-wise were fine. Im pretty bummed I didnt see the writing on the wall of what this was going to do to the stock market and my 401k has shrunk quite a bit so at this point Im just riding it out.
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I've been working from home for 2 weeks now. And will be into the foreseeable future. We already try to be mindful in public about hygiene because my lady is immuno compromised and on the drugs for it.

My boss told me earlier he's not going to be ready to go into the office until cases in Oklahoma have dropped back down to 0. So we could be working from home for months.

Which is fine with me, I already work from home 2-3 days per, so my office setup is much nicer than in the office. But today is one of the first days without rain for awhile so we've been getting a bit stir crazy.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Working...
                                X