US to go to war with Iran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree with varg's post.

There is no reason for the US to become involved in Iran. Or any where else over there.

I really feel for the women in Iran because they are totally fucked over but the brainwashing mental virus has totally taken hold and there is no way a US war will solve anything. It's a big world and if a group of people want to create a country where half the people are basically slaves I guess it's their right. Seems like an awesome place though and I'd love to have traveled Persia by motorcycle in the 60s.

They want all of us to die and blame all their problems on us in a giant psychological projection in order to justify the conditions in which they live.

Why don't we just fuck off from the middle east in general?

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
      My apologies, I misinterpreted why you were bringing.up the Chinese debt holdings.

All good, it was a bit tongue in cheek the way I replied so that’s hard to understand in this format.

Originally posted by coldweatherblue View Post
      Agree with varg's post.

There is no reason for the US to become involved in Iran. Or any where else over there.

Why don't we just fuck off from the middle east in general?

I deleted a lot of your assumptions about what it’s like in Iran and what they think of us. I suggest watching Anthony Bourdain in Iran to get a better idea of what it’s actually like there.

As to why we can’t leave them alone? Simple. Oil.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I really feel for the women in Iran because they are totally fucked over but the brainwashing mental virus has totally taken hold and there is no way a US war will solve anything. It's a big world and if a group of people want to create a country where half the people are basically slaves I guess it's their right.

They want all of us to die and blame all their problems on us in a giant psychological projection in order to justify the conditions in which they live.
        Lol. I would consult facts if I was you.

Granted it isn’t perfect, women have 1000x more rights in Iran than they do in Saudi Arabia. Women can drive, hold office, vote, etc. Iran’s deputy Vice President is a woman.

And yes, agree with Simon in that you should watch Bourdain’s Iran episode (or any other show that travels to Iran if you want to better understand Iranians’ outlook on Americans/the US. If you’re referencing the age old “death to America/Israel/etc” chant shouted my Iran’s equivalent of trumpies (less-educated, disenfranchised demographic) then you need to understand it isn’t meant to be taken literally.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

I consulted the facts on LGBT and women's rights in Iran and am surprised to see the r3v support, since this is typically a more progressive place.

More power to ya, cause it's America and you're free to dissent.

Regardless, I still hope we don't go to war.

Also learn to recognize hyperbole..

Comment

I consulted the facts on LGBT and women's rights in Iran and am surprised to see the r3v support, since this is typically a more progressive place.

More power to ya, cause it's America and you're free to dissent.

Regardless, I still hope we don't go to war.

Also learn to recognize hyperbole..
            I support LGBT rights to the fullest and also acknowledge sanctioned homophobia in Iran, and more broadly in the Middle East, Africa and Asia.

I think some of us are looking at this through the comparative lens and at the Trump admin’s motives here. Saudi Arabia, UAE and every single other country in the Middle East (sans israel) criminalize all things LGBT. Yet, Saudi Arabia and the Gulf Arab states are our “closest” allies in the region (and in many cases the world).

The US is stoking war with Iran only to appease Saudi and Israeli interests.

Random fact: the Iranian government supports/pays for M-F/F-M transitions for trans Iranians seeking reassignment. Yes I know this is a far cry from providinG LGBT rights and their gov has an incredibly long way to go but this (at a very minimum) is a far cry from LGBT rights in Saudi Arabia and our other dear sweetheart ally states.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Bump. Our country creates more terrorists than we kill.
              Last edited by phillipj; 01-03-2020, 09:01 PM.
              1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

^ Yup $1.5 billion in unmarked cash to the largest sponsor of terror will do that.

Comment

I thought the Saudi were giving US money, not them? lol
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

I think he's talking about when the US gave them their money back.

Comment

so you think Iran is worse than Saudi Arabia?
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        so you think Iran is worse than Saudi Arabia?
                        If you want to go down that path, we have to come up with objective categories and scores.

Or they are both ME countries that support terror.
                        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

^^ While the Media focus for three years of Trump has centered around “Russia collusion” the most dangerous collusion of all happens right out in the open: It's Trump + The Saudis + Israel driving war with Iran

https://theintercept.com/2020/01/03/...istration-war/
                          1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

If you want to go down that path, we have to come up with objective categories and scores.

Or they are both ME countries that support terror.
                            September 11 task force - Saudis
                            Al Q'aeda financial support - Saudis
                            Al Nosra financial support - Saudis
                            ISIS financial and ideological support - Saudis
                            Jamal Kashoggi assassination and dismembering - Saudis
                            Financing of mosques around the world glorifying the Wahabit Sunni doctrine - Saudis

BTW The reason for killing a general from Iran is because one US contractor was killed a month ago... What about those three U.S. Naval airmen who got killed on a US base on US soil by a Saudi a few weeks ago? Which Saudi official will Trump have killed in retaliation?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/fatal-shoo...ry?id=67597032

"Then on Friday, Mohammed Alshamrani, 21, a Saudi national and second lieutenant in his country's air force, who was in the United States for flight training, opened fire in a classroom at the Pensacola base, killing three U.S. Naval airmen with a handgun authorities say he purchased legally."
                            Last edited by Massive Lee; 01-05-2020, 10:53 AM.
                            Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

The US is just after Iran's oil and wants to destabilize them just like they did in Iraq and pretty much everywhere they can not named Saudi Arabia...

Also, its in the two-term president playbook to start a "war" just as they enter the election year for their second term. check the two previous presidents for easy evidence
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Not sure your oil argument holds water, as we are now a net exporter of oil. 5-10yrs ago possibly.

As for election cycle, their could be some merit there especially considering Trump has a pretty long history of being a war adverse person. He def has a long history of rallying against war, and has been drawing down troops until recently.

I have no problem with the US retaliating against Iran’s long history of attacks on us, but the timing is interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X