• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post

September 11 task force - Saudis
    Al Q'aeda financial support - Saudis
    Al Nosra financial support - Saudis
    ISIS financial and ideological support - Saudis
    Jamal Kashoggi assassination and dismembering - Saudis
    Financing of mosques around the world glorifying the Wahabit Sunni doctrine - Saudis

BTW The reason for killing a general from Iran is because one US contractor was killed a month ago... What about those three U.S. Naval airmen who got killed on a US base on US soil by a Saudi a few weeks ago? Which Saudi official will Trump have killed in retaliation?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/fatal-shoo...ry?id=67597032

"Then on Friday, Mohammed Alshamrani, 21, a Saudi national and second lieutenant in his country's air force, who was in the United States for flight training, opened fire in a classroom at the Pensacola base, killing three U.S. Naval airmen with a handgun authorities say he purchased legally."

Thanks for the recap, I was unaware. You'll notice the post I was responding to asked Iran v. Saudi Arabia. Hence the question about objective measures.

And how many proxy wars does Iran fund? Hamas, Hezbollah, Palestinian Islamic Jihad, just to start. The Embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania, the USS Cole,the Riyadh bombings, and on and on and on. And the QUDS force, led by the recently departed, is who planned all these incidents.

Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post
      ^^ while the media focus for three years of trump has centered around “russia collusion” the most dangerous collusion of all happens right out in the open: It's trump + the saudis + israel driving war with iran

https://theintercept.com/2020/01/03/...istration-war/
      qft

Originally posted by wholepailofwater
      Q
      :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

And how many proxy wars does Iran fund? Hamas, Hezbollah, Palestinian Islamic Jihad, just to start. The Embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania, the USS Cole,the Riyadh bombings, and on and on and on. And the QUDS force, led by the recently departed, is who planned all these incidents.
        How many of those are truly verifiable VS what we are spoon fed by our trusted govt?

Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I'm hoping a show of force on our end, and a few missile strikes quiet it down.

A land war with Iran would be insane.
          I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
            I'm hoping a show of force on our end, and a few missile strikes quiet it down.

A land war with Iran would be insane.
            doubt it will ever get to that with today's tech.

We're gonna have Gen Z kids destroying their infastructure with droney bois followed by them doing fornite dances.
            Originally posted by wholepailofwater
            Q
            :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

A war with Iran would pretty much consist of us carpet bombing them into submission. I dont think any world powers would join in. It would be the US v Iran and their little goon squads they fund.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                A war with Iran would pretty much consist of us carpet bombing them into submission. I dont think any world powers would join in. It would be the US v Iran and their little goon squads they fund.
                Remember who is in charge right now, a war with Iran would involve ground forces, and it would be a costly disaster for absolutely no reason.

Also remember that we may not like Iran at all, but they are both a serious regional power/stabilizing force, and a a not inconsiderable military threat (in the top 15 military powers globally), especially playing defense.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                  the military has no intention of carpet bombing. the generals have said before that its inconsistent with our values to indiscriminately bomb like that because its a war crime.

Comment

I am ok with taking that guy out, I just wish we did it with the CIA like back in the day: quietly and no one knew.

This won't lead to war though. Not a chance.

The state-controlled media in Iran silences it's citizenry. No one has any clue what it is like to live there, truthfully. And Anthony Bourdain ain't going to show me shit about it. That's like learning all you need to know about the 3rd Reich by watching The Man in the High Castle.

And allies are not friends...hell-ooooo!!! Anyone remember the Allies in WWII? You think that the US was truly thrilled to be allied with the USSR? Patton wanted to roll right on through and so did MacArthur in Korea. The adage "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" applies here. "The Devil you know...." Etc. No one loves Saudi Arabia in the State Department; they just prefer them to say, North Korea for example. Unless we take over the world, we have to make deals with some bad people to prevent other worse people from doing bad things now and deal with bad guys we allied with later. Most things are binary choices, but there aren't many in the geo-political world.
                    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

How many of those are truly verifiable VS what we are spoon fed by our trusted govt?
                      facepalm.png

Literally look up any number of terrorist attacks in different parts of the world. Or is the Thai, Argentinian, Denmark, France, Kenya, Bahrain, Albania, etc, all blame the Iranian gov't and their operatives for attacks or foiled attacks on their soil.

But let me guess, they are all in on the conspiracy too?
                      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Very interesting to hear what "regular" guy`s from across the pond have to say , all we hear is what the news people like to talk about.

Mart.

Comment

Originally posted by Martauto View Post
                          Very interesting to hear what "regular" guy`s from across the pond have to say , all we hear is what the news people like to talk about.

Mart.
                          I'm not sure you are getting an accurate slice of the pie with our sentiment here! but you're getting a slice. ha.

Seriously - Americans DON'T WANT WAR with Iran or anyone else. We don't want to be mired in the Middle East any longer. (If one becomes aware) we think it is insane Trump just demanded and got from nearly all of our lawmakers $740 Billion dollars on our latest defense bill. Just the increase was enough to give us all reasonable healthcare.

Us "regular guy's" want to reinvest in our crumbling infrastructure, crumbling/non-existant social services, we want jobs and prosperity here and not to be in other people's affairs. Unfortunately, mega-corps and vested special interests truly run things here.
                          1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

One thing that really bothers me is our collective lack of history. Also learning from it. The President's Iran address really bugged me today! Trump said something like "this confrontational relationship with Iran goes back to 1979." Every Iran War Hawk seems to conveniently fail to mention any date other, or prior, to the 1979 hostage taking. There is a much bigger picture here, critical to the US' place in the world, not to mention where we're at right now with Iran.

The US overthrew Iran's democratically elected government in 1953. It was the beginning of the CIA and their first mission: Operation Ajax. Why? Worries about Empire, and Oil. Iran wanted at least half of the rights to it's own oil. Britain and the US wanted to continue a stranglehold on it, which had been built up for 40 years prior principally by the British. You can read about all of the crazy events, it gets complicated and fascinating, but basically the CIA worked with monarchists, gangsters, propagandists, the Shah and even directed factions of the Iranian military to overthrow Prime Minister Mossadegh -- who began this saga as a national hero. The US threatened the Shah that if he did not go along with US & Britain plans for Iran, he would be deposed too. And so we instituted a sort of puppet government there.

It would ultimately give rise to the Islamic revolution in Iran, the seizing of the U.S. embassy in Tehran in 1979 and the decades of American war in the Middle East. This importantly includes the US's arming and funding of Saddam Hussein and Iraq to fight Iran in the 1980's, which resulted in over a million dead.
                            1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post
                              One thing that really bothers me is our collective lack of history. Also learning from it. The President's Iran address really bugged me today! Trump said something like "this confrontational relationship with Iran goes back to 1979." Every Iran War Hawk seems to conveniently fail to mention any date other, or prior, to the 1979 hostage taking. There is a much bigger picture here, critical to the US' place in the world, not to mention where we're at right now with iran.
                              There's a couple good reasons for this. The biggest being that the truth, and facts call into question the narrative. America can't call itself the beacon of democracy, and all the other adages, if people know that america has overthrown multiple democracies. The narrative is a simple one, their different so their bad. All you gotta do is ignore history and slander them. America has tons of these examples. America is just as guilty of bad shit as any middle east country. You've committed genocide, you've funded terrorists, you've overthrown democracies, you've used religion as an excuse just as much. Hell, you have an entire political party trying to strip rights from minorities, women and LGBTQ people. Yet you claim to fight for equality. This brings my second reason.

I've lived in the us now for a bit over a decade, and one of the biggest things I've noticed is your all a bunch of lazy ignorant fucks. I mean this in the following way. You all have the entirety of human knowledge literally in the palms of your hands, yet would rather stare at memes and facebook than educate your selves on the issues. You guys are willfully ignorant, and it's sad. Both sides of the spectrum are guilty of this. The right tho has taken it to extremes. For the most part i see those on the left will attempt to look at something from both sides. And do some research. Those on the right tho, no attempt at either. If it doesn't come from their chosen leader than it's fake news, or a conspiracy. This i believe simply comes down to the makeup of both parties.

On the right you have a party made up of conservatives, the highly religious, the under educated, the authoritarians, strong men leaders, neo nazi's, white supremacists, ect ect.. Basically groups of people that to question authority is sacrilege, and risks you being expunged from the group. This is also the group that study after study show as being more easily manipulated and controlled. Hell, when the facts don't support their argument we get "ALTERNATIVE FACTS". You still have people saying trump's inauguration crowd was bigger than Obama's, even after looking at pics, cause they don't support liars, and cause they picked trump, he can't be a liar. Or the refugee camps aren't concentration camps, even tho they meet the legal definition, cause they wouldn't support that, so it can't be that. You ever notice how every right wing person on this forum constantly parrots verbatim the talking points of their leaders. Half the time i feel like I'm reading a Sean Hannity post. You can literally copy and paste what they post in Google and it'll come up as a fox news, Breitbart, or other right wing talking head qoute. This is also the group that controls your educational system, and you wonder why americans don't know their history? Cause their never taught it. And have no interest in educating themselves.

I equate most right wingers with flat earthers, no matter how much proof or evidence you show them they'll only believe what they want. Facts don't mean shit to these people. It's a cult of personality. And your systems show it.

More on topic tho, this was all just a distraction from the impeachment proceedings. It's pretty plain to see.

Comment

Originally posted by CarpHunter View Post
                                More on topic tho, this was all just a distraction from the impeachment proceedings. It's pretty plain to see.
                                qft

Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X