No announcement yet.

OK Gun enthusiasts, I want an actual answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rainier arms does make some nice things. I have a fully ambi lower from them that I am saving for a 6.5 grendel build for longer 3 gun matches in Vegas when I visit my brother. Need to be able to reach out easier. Most ambis seem to use the nord? mag release which I dislike.

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post

hey man, if you don't find skeet shooting fun, i feel bad for you. i can tell you that those reflexive fire skills came in handy during my time in the army, they transfer over to a rifle pretty well. evidence: qualified expert in boot camp- start with that, anyway ;)

R3Z3N: rainier arms lower. not that i'd ever *do* such a thing, but the maglock device is removable with an allen key...
      was referencing this:
      "i found a lower with the only functional difference being that you have to pull the rear pin of the upper to reload, and as someone who grew up with shotguns i've decided i'm okay with that"
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post

was referencing this:
        "i found a lower with the only functional difference being that you have to pull the rear pin of the upper to reload, and as someone who grew up with shotguns i've decided i'm okay with that"
        uh yeah i understood that
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

uh yeah i understood that
          so you're referring to a california compliant "feature" and saying you're "OK" with that?
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd

Comment

so you're referring to a california compliant "feature" and saying you're "OK" with that?
            did you look at the rainier lower i posted? the feature is easily removable with an allen key if i want to leave the state and not be annoyed by that. i am actually building the rifle and want it to be legal so we can all wish for relaxed gun laws in this state or we can go shopping and find something that meets our needs/desires. 10-round mags are more of an annoyance to me. if you don't like gun laws, vote out the people writing them. that's just reality
            past:
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:

Comment

did you look at the rainier lower i posted? the feature is easily removable with an allen key if i want to leave the state and not be annoyed by that. i am actually building the rifle and want it to be legal so we can all wish for relaxed gun laws in this state or we can go shopping and find something that meets our needs/desires. 10-round mags are more of an annoyance to me. if you don't like gun laws, vote out the people writing them. that's just reality
              Maybe I miss understood what you were saying. I was thinking you were saying that you're ok with the california gun laws that put stipulations on ARs.
              1990 325is
              m52b28
              3.73lsd

Comment

Maybe I miss understood what you were saying. I was thinking you were saying that you're ok with the california gun laws that put stipulations on ARs.
                i would characterize my sentiment more as "this is some bullshit but hey let's parts-shop my way around what i can".

thankfully one of my deployment buddies out in TX is a huge gun nut and enjoys helping someone shop for a rifle just like i like helping my friends shop for cars.
                past:
                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                1985 323i baur
                current:

Comment

i would characterize my sentiment more as "this is some bullshit but hey let's parts-shop my way around what i can".

thankfully one of my deployment buddies out in TX is a huge gun nut and enjoys helping someone shop for a rifle just like i like helping my friends shop for cars.
                  my bad, i misunderstood what you wrote.
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd

Comment

my bad, i misunderstood what you wrote.
                    no worries. i'm on-call operations engineer and shit has been going down this week so i get a day off next wednesday when another team member takes the wheel. the FFL that has my lower is out in livermore, a pleasant drive from SF with empty freeways, and it's going to be the first time i drive the E36M3 i just bought. i feel like that's going to be a good day

my army buddy and i are working on a build in a google spreadsheet, and he enjoys this in the same way i like helping friends shop for cars

interesting bit of kit he showed me is the patriot pin- i really like this as a solution for california compliance. this is about/almost how fast i reload with an army-issued M4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-U1...ature=youtu.be
                    past:
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:

Comment

i'm reminded going to gun shows like 15 years ago and walking out with like 5,000 rounds of whatever.
                      now i assume that you basically pre buy ammo and have them sent to a gunstore so you can pick them up after a 20 day wait and background check?

do they have a serial number on rounds yet?

Comment

^No serial numbers or microstamping yet. Costs to do Ammo FFL transfers are ridiculous, but I can not fault the FFL. I myself can not recommend getting CA compliant. Any cop that tries to step on rights will be put in harms way rightly so when infringing on rights, it's too bad that innocent until proven guilty does not apply for 2A rights here in the 9th circuit.

Comment

can you get ammo from out of state or do they card you in NV to see if you're not californian?
                          also making your own is still good or new restrictions on that?

Comment

^Obama made it harder to get lead in CA...

Getting ammo from NV and driving in is illegal, first offence is only $100, so very well worth it. However there are many times people checking for CA plates in NV at FFLs, calling it in. I have a brother outside of LV, but it still makes no sense to drive 8hrs when I can fly for ~$150 round trip from SMX. I do not fly with ammo due to the law, it's asking for trouble, so I buy when in state, or send my brother a couple K for ammo for the weekend. Flying my guns to and from for competitions with my brother is a PITA, as airport security is usually clueless. One asked me to handle the Firearm in public view and prove it was unchambered with no mag. With all the fear around firearms, I am not about to show it at the check in stall...

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                              ^No serial numbers or microstamping yet. Costs to do Ammo FFL transfers are ridiculous, but I can not fault the FFL. I myself can not recommend getting CA compliant. Any cop that tries to step on rights will be put in harms way rightly so when infringing on rights, it's too bad that innocent until proven guilty does not apply for 2A rights here in the 9th circuit.
                              yeah i do enough shit of questionable legality in the name of activism that if i'm going to build a rifle i need to make sure i am squeaky fucking clean about it. a couple of the cops in my neighborhood recognize me from protest action and a non-compliant rifle would be an easy excuse to put me away on felony charges.
                              past:
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:

Comment

in interesting/unexpected news, the 9th circuit has overturned the CA high-capacity magazine ban.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...agazines-guns/

i have an order in for 7 magazines from a shop in texas that'll ship to a california address. we'll see what happens.
                                past:
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:

Comment

Working...
                                X