Election Swing State Vs. Non Swing State Urban Turnout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Election Swing State Vs. Non Swing State Urban Turnout

Not here to start an argument, just looking for data. Has anyone seen turnout percentages say in Phily or Detroit compared to a similar city in a non swing state?

Rough numbers show a 60% turnout in PHI (1.1M reg, probably 700k votes), vs say 70-75% in Baltimore (333k reg, 190k votes now @est 67% counted). We won't really have a good look at these numbers until next week earliest. *These numbers were based on quick searches, and may not be realistic.

Turnout may also have something to do with voting access/absentee allowances in different regions, so comparisons probably won't be direct.

Also, what cities are directly comparable anyway, are you asking for similar sized locales?

Comment

I'm really just looking for evidence of cheating or not cheating. I've seen ~ 67% turnout nationally yet ~89% in Milwaukee,

Comment

Originally posted by e30sh View Post
        I'm really just looking for evidence of cheating or not cheating. I've seen ~ 67% turnout nationally yet ~89% in Milwaukee,
        Again, it's down to how easy it is to vote, the weather, and factors like local initiatives that get people to polls, so to see 70% somewhere, and 90% somewhere else isn't really indicative of anything. It would probably be more informative to look at turnouts in prior elections in one area at a time to see if anything looks iffy.

Thus far I think we are just seeing a motivated citizenry, on both sides of the equation, wanting to make their opinions known.

Comment

I have yet to see credible evidence that there is any more voting fraud/incompetence than usual. A bunch of people predicted the swing in votes for Trump and then Biden before the election. More Trump voters turned out to polling places in-person, and more Biden voters mailed it in. As such, the in-person votes got counted first, making it look like Trump was carrying it away, and then they started counting the mail-in ballots (and in many places they would count them as long as they were postmarked in time). Were some number of mail-in ballots fudged by ideologically corrupted poll workers? Undoubtedly. Was there some massive orchestrated effort to flip the whole election? That seems very unlikely.

Anyway, I say let AG Barr do the investigation. Regardless of the outcome of the election, my interest is in maintaining a properly functioning voting system that enables democratic processes to work as intended. While I doubt that any significant malfeasance was going on, maybe doing the investigation will help restore some people's faith in the system.

I've been a mail-in voter my whole life, so I guess that I don't see anything odd about it. If turnout was higher in some places than in the past, it seems sort of predictable given how strongly so many people feel about Trump, and with COVID it seems like common sense to expect a bunch more mail-in ballots.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

^Truth
            Of the 47 states that have the office of Secratary of State that administers the elections, there are 27 Republican and 19 Democratic states. I am willing to believe there is fraud if there is substantial evidence, other wise it is probably best to start healing a divided country.

If Trump put more effort into making covid-19 his bitch instead of expanding the brand he would be back for another 4 IMO. 70 million votes in a losing effort is strong and like most others on election night I went to bed thinking he won. The next several days were surreal as states kept extending their final talley, and as they slowly counted the Democratic candidate crept up from behind with mail in ballots then passed the Republican who watched his vote in person strategy lead evaporate.

Comment

I was flabbergasted (and relieved) FL wasn't the focus this time. Four years ago Obama congratulated Trump, honor is a dying art.
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:
              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Urbanites decided this election. Until this election I've never really looked at results before, but I just went and looked at a results map and the voting difference between city and rural areas is obvious, wow.
                My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                  Urbanites decided this election. Until this election I've never really looked at results before, but I just went and looked at a results map and the voting difference between city and rural areas is obvious, wow.
                  How big was the disparity in voter turnout percentages between rural and urban areas? Four years ago, a big reason for Clinton's loss was that lots of "urban liberals" did could not be bothered to vote. Did the opposite thing happen this time, with rural voters not voting as much?

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post

How big was the disparity in voter turnout percentages between rural and urban areas? Four years ago, a big reason for Clinton's loss was that lots of "urban liberals" did could not be bothered to vote. Did the opposite thing happen this time, with rural voters not voting as much?
                    I don't know but it'd be interesting to see. Just look at states like Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Pennsylvania, vast majority red except for the big cities, which ultimately swung the whole state for Biden.
                    My Feedback

Comment

Working...
                    X