No announcement yet.

E30 325iX turbo with 1018hp / 1016Nm @ 2,3bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you take some measurements on those gears along with the one that keeps breaking? I'm talking with a gear manufacturer about making a hardened gear set for us.

Comment

Do you know what "measurements" to make lol? There is a lot of fucking precise dimensions on gears.
      Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Yes I realize, it's just for a ball park price before I send my gears into the guy. Diameter of each gear, depth, and amount of teeth. A picture of each would be nice.

Comment

I wont be able to see my car until november as I'm out of town on business or I would do it myself.

Comment

You also need pressure angles don't you?
            Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Well once the guy sees the gears and gives me a ballpark of what it is going to cost I am going to physically ship him my entire pumpkin. He can take it apart copy the gears, and then re-assemble with the new gears to make sure it works okay.

Comment

This is what I received today from the manufacturer I've been dealing with. I might try to buy ten after I send in my gearset and get a good solid quote.

Jonathan,

The simplist approach would be to have the factory gears heat treated--hardened.
                To do that, you would have to know what kind of steel the factory is using to make these gears.

We can make this type of gear. A good gear steel is AISI8620 which must be carburized and
                hardend to HRc 58/60 with a 0.030" case depth in this case. This gives a hard wear surface and a flexible core strength to accomadate shock loading.

Straight-tooth bevel gears made from AISI 8620 carburized and hardened to HRc 58/60
                with a 0.030" case depth and with a standard internal spline would cost in the range of
                depending on size and quantities ordered. Higher volume orders
                would be appreciably discounted.
                Last edited by Jjona5; 09-06-2010, 08:45 AM.

Comment

talk about taking a dump on people, this ix is unbelievable!

Patrick - IG:niicknac
                  RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

photos of front strut plates please :)

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

^ +1

Comment

Well I have just sent off my 4.10 front differential to the gear manufacturer. Im getting a custom hardened gear set made...probably more like 5-10 depending on the price drop he offers. If they sell...they sell. If not I'll have backups for years to come. I also plan on having custom front driveshafts made down the road. I would like to give the owner of this car a set to run it through the rigors to see how it does...

Comment

nice - any idea of cost? that would be worth doing for anyone modding an ix, although I guess front used diffs have been cheap enough.

there's already a guy that does lengthened front driveshafts, are you planning something different? the only possible improvement would be making it easier to remove, I've been beating on it for years and it's held up perfectly.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

wow!! haha

Comment

Yeah he seems interested. I am pretty sure his car is going to make more power than mine ever will. I'm thinking it will be around 700-800 bucks initially maybe less. I will know by the end of january.

Comment

obama cant gymkhana

Comment

Working...
                                X