MMMMMM... Supercharger....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MMMMMM... Supercharger....

This may not be E30 related. But it is BMW related. And my new favorite picture.

The updated engine bay from the E90 M3 that I'll be co-driving in this years One Lap of America.

Active Autowerke Supercharger Kit.
    414 HP --> 620+

Yee haw!

We might just be able to give Anthony a run for his money if he comes back in that awesome and well-built E30 he brought last year. :p
    Ben
    Thelma-Louise, the '88is Chump Car - back to M20 power!

2014 ChumpCar Season Schedule!
    April 5-6 Autobahn, IL - Sat: 1st! Sun: 3rd
    May23-25 Watkins Glen, NY: 4th, 5th, 4th
    October 4 PittRace Sprints: 2nd in C-class
    October 18-19 NCM, Bowling Green KY: 2nd, 1st!
    Nov 1-2 Watkins Glen - Chumpionship - 1st car to exit the race with significant body damage :(

Find us on FB! Schaut Speed Motorsports

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2aHg0xpfMY

:D:D

:up:
    Ben

Nov 1-2 Watkins Glen - Chumpionship - 1st car to exit the race with significant body damage :(

Comment

Wow that is a beast!! Holy exhaust note batman!! haha

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
      Instagram:
      https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
      LS Build Thread:
      https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

damm.. if i had money......
        no more boosted m20, 91 318i...

Comment

Built s52 + gt35r + 20psi > s65b40 + blower.

It may not sound as good, but a properly turbo s52 e36 will blow the doors off of a supercharged e92 m3 for the cost of the blower kit. :p
          Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post

It may not sound as good, but a properly turbo s52 e36 will blow the doors off of a supercharged e92 m3 for the cost of the blower kit. :p
            It's still a e36 tho....
            Shoot, move, and communicate...

......Semper Fidelis.....

Comment

-ian - Thanks! I can't wait until I can hear it in person.... Still have a few more months to wait before I get a chance to drive it. The car is on its way back up to Wisconsin from Miami as I write this.

-Polak - That may be true, A well-prepped and E36 has potential to go faster around a track or down a drag strip than this. Same could be said about putting a similarly prepped S52 into an E30. But I'd much rather be in this luxurious beast for the One Lap. A full week of 3-lap time-trial sessions, 2 per day, each at a different track. Total mileage is usually in the 4000 range, with about 97-98% of it road miles. Give me the ultimate autobahn machine!

Plus, you just cant beat the sound that V8 makes at over 7k....
              Ben

Comment

how do you get involved with this? the one-lap, that is.

that thing sounds so beautiful. a dark blue m3 sedan with this blower kit would be a dream car for me.

Comment

I disagree. The e90 will out-handle the e36 any day, with both either stock or modded. It's simple a much more advanced suspension design.

The plenum looks beautiful! Good luck on your race :up:

Comment

^^
                    Its pretty easy.

You need a car, some previous racing experience (or attend one of their track/test days) a week off of school/work, $ and at least one co-driver who is as crazy as you are and willing to be stuck in a car with you for a whole week. Compile this stuff, and enter.

I've found that the best way to do it is to say 'yes' when someone else with a car and the $ invites you along. (This is the BEST father/son/brother week/trip ever!!!!)

Entry fee is in the $2500 range. And then you need to pay for fuel, lodging and food. And possibly therapy for when the event is over.

Starts on Saturday at the Tire Rack in South Bend IN, ends following Saturday at Tire Rack. At least 1 track each day, and multiple timed events per day.

This year we get to run Daytona.... :D

The event is open to just about anyone in any car. Limited classes with a very basic rule set. Cars are split between types (coupes, sedans, retro, vintage, trucks) and base purchase price. Basic rules of: a safe car. Street tires. Drive between tracks (no trailering or support vehicles). Pretty much all else is open. So, you get some stock cars and some very not-stock cars. Everything from a bone stock Geo Metro to a modified Smart Car. Stock Porsche Turbo and RS to heavily Modified GT3. STis and GT-Rs to Turbo Charged minivans (The Odyssey a few years ago was SWEET). BMWs are popular - E30s, E36, E46 and E9x have all shown up, and done well.

Its a fun mix and a great group of like-minded people. You get to experience some great tracks and the whole week is a blast. In a nutty kind of way.

more info at www.onelapofamerica.com

DO IT!!!!!!!!
                    Ben

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                      I disagree. The e90 will out-handle the e36 any day, with both either stock or modded. It's simple a much more advanced suspension design.

The plenum looks beautiful! Good luck on your race :up:

Thanks! I'm looking forward to it.

Suspension improvements on the E9x are great, but the handling is still close between the 2 models once you start modifying. I'd say primarily due to vehicle weight.

Last year at the last track (Nelson's Ledges), I dropped a data system into one of the E36 M3s (I think a supercharged one. may have been turbo) with suspension mods that were similar to what we had in the E90. We were faster, but only because of the straights. Corner speeds and corner segment times were very similar, with the E36 having higher apex speed at 2 of the turns. Could be the difference between drivers (or my driver being a bit conservative - we had a top 10 finishing position to lose if any mistakes were made, they did not), but they had something there.
                      Ben

Comment

lol NOW, let the e92 m3 get to be 15 years old and the costs might change on it.
                        Originally posted by george graves

Are you kidding me? That nerd doesn't even know how his dick works, let alone a car.

Comment

nuts. did you know the S65 coils have ion sensing built into them, so the computer always knows when to spark at just the right moment? I'd love to get my hands on a set of those! :D
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

that is just fucking nuts.
                            AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                            X