Pikes Peak Int. Hill Climb Turbo E30 Build

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Zodow
    replied
    Here is the race day video before I get back into the build.



    I stayed on the Hoosier A6's again thinking I would luck out like last year... Reports varied as to where it was raining/how much and it seemed alot like the last years reports... I could also still see the entire mountain from the start line... Only to find it rained almost the whole way up lol. It also was a lot colder this year and felt like I couldn't warm up the tires and couldn't carry as much speed through turns like last year.

    I'm sure I could have done better with the rains this year but still would have been behind last years time. Still thrilled we made it and didn't muck it up!

    Leave a comment:


  • yeaseth
    replied
    Awesome awesome write up and build

    Leave a comment:


  • IronFreak
    replied
    You = more balls then me. I'm making the trip next year, you need a hand in the pits let me know!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • unevolved
    replied
    Those foggy shots look terrifying.

    Leave a comment:


  • s4mt3k
    replied
    I love this thread! Very inspiring. I hope you get a chance to post pics/info from all your recent mods.

    Leave a comment:


  • Zodow
    replied
    Hey all, sorry for the silence. I didn't have much free time for the last two months as i was slaving away on the beast.

    Im gonna see if I can find some time tomorrow to go through the pics and videos I have and post up some more details of the updates to the car/ race day stuff.
    Until then here's a quick overview of the last two months/ race week:

    Did way too much for my own good in the last two months lol. Decided to do a CF/kevlar widebody/ custom 5 lug / brakes/ 10 inch rims about a month away from the race. Did a few other things like beefier axles, E85 conversion, CF dash and a few safety things.

    The weight was reduced by about 120 lbs but we added about 20 for the fire suppression and a few other things so were at 2350 with a 1/2 tank.

    Race week was nuts. We were working to the last min to get it all done (mostly cosmetic stuff like wetsanding/clearing the body) We did get a chance to test it out with all the new stuff thrown on but battled fuel issues after a few hours of testing so I never really got to push the new set up :(

    Unfortunately I found out the hard way that my brakes weren't doing so well on pikes peak and I had an off on qualifying day.


    Could have been way way worse, glad I went off as fast as I did or a lot more damage would have happened. We got it all back together and fixed for the last day of practice and were ready to race.

    Unfortunately I had to start at the back of the time attack group because of not getting a qualifying run, so weather was not ideal, although I hear I missed some crazy hail. Instead of hail, most of my run was in the rain and even had some thick fog in places like bottomless pit and cog cut ( not great places to have fog).

    Overall I'm pretty happy that I made it to the top again even if I was slower by over a min this year. Maybe next year I can get a dry run in :)

    I will update soon!
    Last edited by Zodow; 05-23-2019, 09:02 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • dmoney(AB)
    replied
    I want the front fenders!

    Leave a comment:


  • team9
    replied
    I hope the OP will update on how 2013 went, but here are the results compared to last year.

    2012 - 11:35.387
    Time Attack class: 4th out of 21
    30th overall

    2013 - 12:41.824
    Time Attack class: 9th out of 20
    88th overall

    Leave a comment:


  • Nsquared97
    replied
    Buddy of mine sent me a small blurb Jalopnik(?) did on it, we need updates man!

    Leave a comment:


  • iwantspeed
    replied
    Very excited to see an update in this thread.

    Good luck this weekend.

    Leave a comment:


  • IronFreak
    replied
    I think his car was right at 2400lbs. without driver last year, I wonder where it's sitting now with all the cf replacing steel.

    Leave a comment:


  • kamotors
    replied
    WOW its looking awesome! I didnt realize the whole car was CF(a bit wavy) but I know how hard it is to work with and thats no small task!

    Leave a comment:


  • IronFreak
    replied
    It does look like his car has changed quite a bit from last year!





    Leave a comment:


  • IronFreak
    replied
    Nevermind........I just found this.

    2013 TENTATIVE SPECTATOR SCHEDULE

    PIKES PEAK INTERNATIONAL HILL CLIMB

    (subject to change)

    Monday, June 24 (Technical Inspection)

    8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Competitor Registration, Media Room (Hotel Elegante/Crowne Plaza)

    8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Technical Inspection (World Arena)- Open to the general public

    8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. –Merchandise and Ticket Sales (World Arena)



    Tuesday, June 25 (PPIHC Sanctioned Practice Day) (all competitors)

    4:00 a.m. – 5:00 a.m. Gateway open to credentialed individuals and spectators (tickets needed for spectators)

    4:00 a.m. – 5:00 a.m. Practice day tickets will be sold at the Gateway for $25 per person.

    5:00 a.m. – Start Line closes to uphill traffic.

    5:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Sanctioned Practice (Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain)

    11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Merchandise (Hotel Elegante/Crowne Plaza Lobby)

    11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Media Room / Registration / Ticket Sales (Hotel Elegante/Crowne Plaza)



    Wednesday, June 26 (Practice/Qualifying Day 1)

    4:00 a.m. – 5:00 a.m. Gateway open to credentialed individuals and spectators (tickets needed for spectators)

    4:00 a.m. – 5:00 a.m. Practice day tickets will be sold at the Gateway for $25 per person.

    5:00 a.m. – Start Line closes to uphill traffic.

    5:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Sanctioned Practice (Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain)

    11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Merchandise Sales (Hotel Elegante/Crowne Plaza Lobby)

    11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Media Room / Registration / Ticket Sales (Hotel Elegante/Crowne Plaza)



    Thursday, June 27 (Practice/Qualifying Day 2)

    4:00 a.m. – 5:00 a.m. Gateway open to credentialed individuals and spectators (tickets needed for spectators)

    4:00 a.m. – 5:00 a.m. Practice day tickets will be sold at the Gateway for $25 per person.

    5:00 a.m. – Start Line closes to uphill traffic.

    5:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Sanctioned Practice (Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain)

    11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Merchandise Sales (Hotel Elegante/Crowne PlazaLobby)

    11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Media Room / Registration / Ticket Sales (Hotel Elegante/Crowne Plaza)



    Friday, June 28 (Practice/Qualifying Day 3)

    4:00 a.m. – 5:00 a.m. Gateway open to credentialed individuals and spectators (tickets needed for spectators)

    4:00 a.m. – 5:00 a.m. Practice day tickets will be sold at the Gateway for $25 per person.

    5:00 a.m. – Start Line closes to uphill traffic.

    5:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Sanctioned Practice (Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain)

    11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Media Room / Registration / Ticket Sales (Hotel Elegante/Crowne Plaza)

    5:00 p.m. – Final competitor list announced

    5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. – Fan Fest, downtown Colorado Springs- Open to the general public

    5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. –Merchandise and Ticket Sales (Fan Fest)



    Saturday, June 29 (Set-Up Day)

    11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Press Room / Registration Open (Hotel Elegante/Crowne Plaza)

    11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Ticket Sales (Hotel Elegante/Crowne Plaza)

    Noon – Pikes Peak Highway opens for Overnight Camping

    Noon – 6:00 p.m. – Ticket Sales at PPIHC and Will Call ticket pickup at the gateway

    6:00 p.m. – Gateway closes and uphill traffic stops

    8:00 p.m. – All competitors must be back off of the mountain



    Sunday, June 30th (Race Day)

    3:00 a.m. – Gateway opens to the public. All spectators must use the left lane (uphill lane) and enter through Gate #1

    3:00 a.m.- 10:00 a.m. – Ticket Sales at PPIHC and Will Call ticket pickup

    3:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Pre-purchased ticket holders and credentialed personal will be allowed through the Gateway

    6:45 a.m. – Uphill traffic stopped at Glen Cove or until parking is full

    7:00 a.m. – Uphill traffic stopped at Ski Area and Halfway Picnic Grounds or until parking is full

    7:00 a.m. – Uphill traffic stopped at Start Line or until parking is full

    7:30 a.m. – Uphill traffic stopped at Crystal Reservoir or until parking is full

    7:30 a.m. – Opening Ceremony

    8:00 a.m. – Start of the 91st running

    TBD – End of the 91st running

    Merchandise will be sold at the start line area on race day

    Leave a comment:


  • IronFreak
    replied
    Did it get postponed? I checked the PP site and it says check back in on June 30th for live coverage.

    I know they're having hella crazy fire there right now. I did see on one of the facebook pages I follow that someone totaled an NSX so maybe practice rounds are happening.

    Leave a comment:

Working...