^True! Also the 200 rating or more is what is required for certain AutoX classes to help curb spending. If your not trying to compete within class rules, just determine what fits your budget, and how quick you want to go.
Damn, the rival doesn't come in sizes that are 17in friendly to the E30.
Star Spec 2's are out on Tirerack!
Collapse
X
-
Don't put too much faith in TW ratings. These ZIIs could very well prove to outperform RS3s. On heavier cars autoxers seemed to like even the old star spec better than RS3s.Leave a comment:
-
does UTQG: 200 seem pretty hard, for a track tire? I know that's what the Z1s were. but there are now a ton oh choices in the 140 range. thoughts?Leave a comment:
-
Review on Bummerforums:
Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.Leave a comment:
-
Yup, BFG has a new tire in the ST tire wars. And as I had heard, it will be out in the 225/45R15 size, albeit not until late March...
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yesLeave a comment:
-
Nope, Tire Rack knows the is high enough demand for the star specs they don't need to put them on closeout to get rid of them. They don't have much left in stock anyway.
"Here today for the launch of the new BFGoodrich g-Force Rival. Got 10 laps back to back between this and the new Dunlop on an MX5 Cup car. Full second faster on the Rival, which was much easier to drive at the limit. Very forgiving. Z2 was much more peaky with a narrow window at the limit. Rival also loves to make noise." (NOLA Motorsports Park)
-Andy Hollis, aka the guy that knows just about everything there is to know of tires of this caliber.Leave a comment:
-
ordered my z2 in 225 45 16 and they are back ordered god damit with no ETA at the moment.Leave a comment:
-
-
-
-
That's a 16.Leave a comment:
-
Damn it! When I was tires shopping a couple weeks ago I wish I was able to find these. I ended up getting a pair of 215/45/16 Kumho ecsta xs. I would of gotten the 225/45s of these if I knew about them.Leave a comment:


Leave a comment: