Star Spec 2's are out on Tirerack!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cabriolet
    replied
    ^ I want what ever you are smoking. rim width has nothing to do with tread width. you try to fit the most tread width you can get under the fender. Nate also has an early model car and therefore can get wider in the rear without fender modification.

    Leave a comment:


  • akorcovelos
    replied
    Considering I had to make major fender modifications to fit the Z1, I consider section width to be as important or more than tread width since tread width means nothing if the tire won't fit on the car. If you think any information related to tire fitment is arbitrary and meaningless they you may need a bit more tire 101. ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    lol. Thanks for tire 101. Thing is, section width is a lot more arbitrary (and meaningless) than tread width. I'd rather worry about how much tire I had on the ground. If you are really worried about strut clearance, that's a slightly different matter.

    Leave a comment:


  • akorcovelos
    replied
    Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    You mean tread width.
    no I don't.

    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...jsp?techid=200

    Leave a comment:


  • nrubenstein
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster
    Waiting for the first E30 enduro guys to run these in Chump/Lemons. Perhaps it's time to ditch the so far problem free Azenis.

    On another note why in the heck are the BFG Rivals so heavy?
    Thick sidewalls. I'd bet that they also have a bit of extra rubber on the shoulders.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    Heavy = Evos. I like RS3s too, but the general consensus is that they don't get to temp very quickly. I never autoxed on them so I don't know first-hand, but Star Specs seem to be a better autox tire.

    Leave a comment:


  • BlackbirdM3
    replied
    Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    Don't put too much faith in TW ratings. These ZIIs could very well prove to outperform RS3s. On heavier cars autoxers seemed to like even the old star spec better than RS3s.
    How do you define heavy? My M3 is a fat pig at 2800 lbs, and I beat a lot of people on R compounds running my RS3s (That I just coreded on the insides with 18K miles and likely 200 autoX runs.) I'm going to go for another set of RS3s. They were fast enough and seemed to last pretty well. Heck, had it not been for the toe and excessive negative camber on the rear I bet I could have pulled 30K miles out of them. The outsides of the tires still look good.

    Will

    Leave a comment:


  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    You mean tread width.

    Leave a comment:


  • akorcovelos
    replied
    I wonder what actual section width is. The 225/45/16 z1 I ran last season were a full inch wider than the 245/35/16 T1r Toyos I ran the year before.

    Leave a comment:


  • L8 apexr
    replied
    Called and my set are there waiting to ship so I'm happy,sorry to those that want but can't get just yet.

    Leave a comment:


  • L8 apexr
    replied
    Originally posted by Massimo
    ordered my z2 in 225 45 16 and they are back ordered god damit with no ETA at the moment.
    Hmm,just looked and the it said there were 4 in stock.Hope they don't pull a fast one with my set to ship in a week when the weather warms a little.

    Leave a comment:


  • kamotors
    replied
    I want in 255.

    Leave a comment:


  • roguetoaster
    replied
    Waiting for the first E30 enduro guys to run these in Chump/Lemons. Perhaps it's time to ditch the so far problem free Azenis.

    On another note why in the heck are the BFG Rivals so heavy?

    Leave a comment:


  • Cabriolet
    replied
    Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    Don't put too much faith in TW ratings. These ZIIs could very well prove to outperform RS3s. On heavier cars autoxers seemed to like even the old star spec better than RS3s.
    thx nate. im looking for my M3. and it's a supper light car, so i really would like to see what other people say. and luckily these come is 235/45r17

    Leave a comment:


  • yeaseth
    replied
    Looks yummy

    Leave a comment:

Working...