No announcement yet.

BRZ vs E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The BRZ/FRS is a fun car that's light and nimble (by modern standards), but it's slow as sh1t on the track.

Beating a BRZ/FRS = nothing to write home about. You don't need an S50B32 to make it happen.
    sigpic
    1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
    2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

Originally posted by Emre View Post
      The E30 is a fun car that's light and nimble (by modern standards), but it's slow as sh1t on the track.

Beating an E30 = nothing to write home about. You don't need a turbo kit to make it happen.

hmmmmmm.

Comment

Yes, it would be WAY cheaper to build an S50/2 swapped maybe even Turbo/S/C'd E30... BUT have you guys been in a BRZ?? FUCK, they're nice!!
        -Erik
        '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
        I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
          Yes, it would be WAY cheaper to build an S50/2 swapped maybe even Turbo/S/C'd E30... BUT have you guys been in a BRZ?? FUCK, they're nice!!
          yes its meh, but every modern car is nice inside especially what e30 guys are used to. just modern standards..
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Trust me it stock :yawn:

Comment

I'll probably get a BRZ over and E30 if I had the option
            sigpic

Comment

I don't know why anyone would buy a BRZ. You can't see out of the things. They aren't fast, they don't handle that well, and they are heavy. I have yet to see one beat me in my M3. I'm unimpressed. The E30 is a better car, and will last longer. Buying a BRZ is a waste of money. Take the $, restore your e30 and make it bad ass. It will run circles around a BRZ even with a well tuned stock motor. In the end, the E30 will be worth more anyway (Looking 10 years down the road).

Will
              '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
              '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
              '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
              '88 BMW M3

Comment

The BRZ really is on par with an E30 M3, except it [BRZ] should have better rear suspension geometry for more overall grip and stability.
                Last edited by R3Z3N; 04-07-2013, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                  The BRZ really is on par with an E30 M3, except it [BRZ] should have better rear suspension geometry for more overall grip and stability.
                  brz and e30 m3? close

brz is exactly the same as the frs mechanical and suspension wise as well except one difference, everything else is the same. except cosmetics and brz is supposedly heavier.. since classified as the premium car

Car: Front OE Spring Rate:
                  Subaru BRZ 27 N/mm (153 lbs/in)
                  Scion FR-S 23 N/mm (131 lbs/in)

Rear OE Spring Rate:
                  Subaru BRZ 34 N/mm (195 lbs/in)
                  Scion FR-S 37 N/mm (211 lbs/in)
                  Last edited by knuklehead92; 04-07-2013, 08:26 PM.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Trust me it stock :yawn:

Comment

The most recent track day I was at I drove my stock E30 (aside from the blown JOMs and year old r-comps) and ended up lapping the BRZs. It could have been a difference in the drivers but something tells me it is more than that.

Also yes, the struts and suspension geometry between the two cars is the same aside from the BRZ having higher spring rates in the front whereas the Toyota/Scion has a stiffer rear end to make it more tail happy.
                    -Alex

Comment

what lap times are you street car guys running compared to specE30s?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by robgoesvroom View Post
                        I would like to see videos of a stroked M20/S50/S52 powered E30 chasing an S2000. Who has one of these?
                        No video but my 190whp m20 stroker pulled on one climbing out of the bottom of 3rd gear uphill from 30-50 and then dead even from 50-100

The brz/frs is all the buzz of the moment but the s2k I consider to be the better drivers car between the two and it's 10 years old. It was also 8k more expensive.

It's kind of ironic that Toyota now has a sports car and Honda does not.

Comment

BRZ v S2000 for your entertainment!

Last edited by robgoesvroom; 04-09-2013, 04:41 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'll be at thill april 27 sat in my white e30. M20 powered lol

Comment

Originally posted by joonsup View Post
                              I'll be at thill april 27 sat in my white e30. M20 powered lol
                              I was trying to register but it's all full =[
                              sigpic

Comment

if im buying a subaru itll be an sti
                                sigpic
                                93 325i 120k
                                mods: straight pipe,eibach sport springs,style 54s,kamotors carbonfiber cai,
                                future mods: chip, m3 cams, headers, turbo

Comment

Working...
                                X