Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lotus Cortina race video thread! All videos in first post!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thought bubbles and the comments made me laugh out loud.

I really need to go back and watch all of the videos, I only watched the first few. This is a great thread.
    Last edited by 2mAn; 11-10-2014, 10:09 PM.
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Haha, glad you liked it! Hopefully the other videos will be interesting too. Anything happen with that car you showed me?
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
        Haha, glad you liked it! Hopefully the other videos will be interesting too. Anything happen with that car you showed me?
        No, I think I'm going to hold off on that one. I'm leaving more towards finding one that's already done. Saw this earlier today, and I love 2002s but don't think they are the most competitive in vintage racing

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1415762480908.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	7172160
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

I'd say an s30 datsun would be a better choice. Would it even qualify I have no clue.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
          DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            No, I think I'm going to hold off on that one. I'm leaving more towards finding one that's already done. Saw this earlier today, and I love 2002s but don't think they are the most competitive in vintage racing
            Fair enough, it needed a lot for sure. I just wish I could see another one racing :( 2002s are competitive in the B Sedan classes, with Alfa GTVs and GTAs, Cortinas, and occasional oddballs. Will they win most group races outright? Probably not. Will they usually have close competition? In most cases.
            Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
            I'd say an s30 datsun would be a better choice. Would it even qualify I have no clue.
            Z-cars do qualify, though we usually see 240s near us. They run in the same group as the Ginettas and they're quick.
            Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

Fair enough, it needed a lot for sure. I just wish I could see another one racing :( 2002s are competitive in the B Sedan classes, with Alfa GTVs and GTAs, Cortinas, and occasional oddballs. Will they win most group races outright? Probably not. Will they usually have close competition? In most cases.
              Trust me if I had a choice between the two, its a Cortina all the way. Thats why I havent pulled the trigger on anything. For now, my Lotus Cortina dreams will live vicariously through this thread. ;)
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

there seem to be tonsa 02s racing on west coast...they may not podium...but youll have good company......they r ez to work on.......and parts are affordable overall......

just pls, redo the paint scheme......

do it.

The Vintage Auto Racing Association (VARA), was founded in 1973 and has become the largest vintage racing organization on the West Coast. Comprised of many d...
                Last edited by JRKOUPE; 11-13-2014, 11:04 AM.
                I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Ireland Engineering is in our backyard so that doesnt surprise me. Plus I get to keep playing with BMWs instead of a totally new marque. Who knows, but this thread isnt about me or 2002s.

MOAR CORTINA! haha
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

for Mike
                    Attached Files

Comment

Were you sneaking around taking pictures?

I'll have to take a look at that site after work!

Comment

Were you sneaking around taking pictures?

I'll have to take a look at that site after work!

ha..I wish I was there...I dont have your life...lol

work?.....cmon now...u just race all the time

you gotta join that site if u have not...best vintage pics around.

anything on that Avon?

Comment

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
                          ha..I wish I was there...I dont have your life...lol

work?.....cmon now...u just race all the time

you gotta join that site if u have not...best vintage pics around.

anything on that Avon?
                          Haha, I WISH I could just race all the time...

You wanted a 6.5/22-13, right? I just dismounted one today from a spare for Tom's MkVII. I only have the one, however, and it'll be the last one we get because the MkVII was just sold. You're free to come pick it up though!

Comment

Just so everyone knows, I updated the thread to include ALL my videos in chronological order in the first post! Hopefully that'll make it a bit easier to navigate!

Comment

Hey guys

If anyone is in need, I have lots of Cortina and Anglia parts, mostly Mk2 parts though....but do have 2 early 67 M2's for parts.

Also have a rebuilt 1600 on a 711M block with low miles, great for a Lotus 7, rep, Anglia or what have you...

Located right near VIR.

THanks

Al Taylor
                              wabmw25@aol.com

Comment

A quick question for you guys before I start racing this weekend: Does anyone think it would be helpful for me to include a "current lap" thing in the corner of my videos? Or would it be superfluous? I was thinking something in a "Lap x/y" format.

Comment

Working...
                                X