E30s racing in Seattle - Pics Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30s racing in Seattle - Pics Here

About 15 E30s raced in Seattle this week.

Here are links to some images

Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
    www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

nice, but I don't see budget beater anywhere there? ;)
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

ha ha...

How about Dale's #192 white car? This car had rolled last year. Was then patched up over the winter. Still not a straight panel on the car. Still pretty fast though, he ended up 5th in the race. Does not have the be pretty to be fast.

Budget racing is a relative term, for sure. This Pro-3 class is considered budget racing compared to many types of racing. At least in the road racing community. Circly track racing can be really low budget, but very unsafe.

Also, a lot of the cars look pretty good from 50 feet at 90 MPH, but are a bit rough around the edges when viewed up close.
      Last edited by Lance Racing; 05-22-2006, 03:36 PM.

Comment

aww, was this at pacific raceways? please post next time one of these is going down, id love to see it.
        : : 1984 318i : : PNW E30 Crew : : Sold!!
        Now becoming the R3vlimited Pro3 car
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=93780

Comment

thanks for sharing the pics, they're great.

but on that note- why does america suck so much?

even their track cars look better. BAH. i'm moving to Germany... who's with me.

Comment

Awesome shots, Lance. All of them have been assimilated into my Motorsport E30 folder.

Jagermeister E30 FTW!!!11!1111!!!!1!11!

Comment

Originally posted by nando
              nice, but I don't see budget beater anywhere there? ;)
              Hahaha - HILARIOUS :D

Comment

Is that Ted's bumble bee? It looks uber pissed off

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Yep, the yellow E30 is Ted Anthony. The white car right behind him is me. I just learned that I broke the Pro-3 class track record in that race.

Comment

Congrats to you Lance on your record breaking lap time. Sub 1:40 correct?

Also if you want to see the history behind Dales #192 car you can view it here:

If my computer didnt tank I could show a lot more "damage" pictures from the T5 tire wall damage at PR and the T2 roll over at Spokane last season.

In car Vid links from #192 for those interested:

[Plug] Anyone who lives in the PNW should come to one of these races. They are cheap to get in and the pits are open. If you can turn a wrench Im sure someone will be mroe than happy to recieve some help. If you just want to drool that is acceptable as well. Working on a stripped down race car is a great way to learn the mechanics of a car. Also if you are interested in racing but dont have the $ there is no better way to learn than setting up the cars and learning what suspension changes have what effects. [/Plug]
                    Last edited by wazzu70; 05-23-2006, 02:34 PM.
                    -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

yep, 1:39.86, but who's counting, ha ha. :-) I'm one of only three guys in Pro-3 who have broken the 1:40 barrier and the only one to do it in a race, thus the lap record.

The video of Dale in the race is great fun to watch. Watch how smooth he is with the steering wheel. He is actually going very fast, but the amount of steering wheel input is minimal. This is what you want. A lot of over-corrections may look cool, but it overheats the tires which will lead to slower lap times.

In the race Dale was to have started further up the grid, but he got to pre-grid late, and had to start from the back of the pack. It made for a more interesting video to watch!

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed View Post
                        All of them have been assimilated into my Motorsport E30 folder.
                        Please credit the picture taker. :) (Me.)

Comment

Great shots!
                          Luke

Closing SOON!
                          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

lol whenever I think of racing in Seattle I think about street racing right away.

Before I could drive I used to go the street races in Renton and stuff with my cousins.....I moved down to California right when Pacific Raceways opened up.
                            R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio View Post
                              lol whenever I think of racing in Seattle I think about street racing right away.

Before I could drive I used to go the street races in Renton and stuff with my cousins.....I moved down to California right when Pacific Raceways opened up.
                              wuda u mean opened up? Pacific has been open since the 1950's, just under the name SIR.

Comment

Working...
                              X