Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moatilliatta
    replied
    I would find different cool places to put it during each run.

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    Originally posted by Victell View Post
    Did you get the gopro setup for in-car video?
    I do have a GoPro somewhere, but truth be told, I haven't used it in several years.
    I've been meaning to start recording my runs.

Leave a comment:

• Victell
    replied
    Did you get the gopro setup for in-car video?

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Woah, the Melonator is back!

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    So, after no changes to the car, but driver mod, and about 10 events. I've begun to move up the pack, and really do well in the car.

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    Sent a email to Ground Control today.
    Think it's time to get rid of the wobbly suspension.

CENLA points season stars anew in January.
    I'd like to give myself the best chance to win.

I was going to trade a friend of mine for his GC kit, but the springs are 300/500, but most importantly my UUC BBK didn't fir under his TRM wheels.
    So, it was a no-go on the trade.

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    AXWare Systems (AXWARE_TS) - Autocrossing and Time-trial Solutions. Licensed to:Delta Region SCCA

I did alright. The tires were heating up, never had that issue before, so I'll invest in a spray bottle.
    The throttle cable was loose, noticed that I had about 30% throttle on the way home, so she wasn't at full power.
    That's what I get for being a derp.

Weather was gorgeous, and I had a great time.

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1575067757455.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	9888934

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    I have an opportunity to trade some parts for a GC 400/600 spring setup. It's the springs, and the perches.
    I'll need some O-rings, front camber plates, and the rear mounts.

Simon suggested the tall rear mounts, are they necessary?

I'm also not looking to lower the car much more than it already is, maybe 1/2" MAX.
    The exhaust is low, and currently it doesn't scrape on speedbumps, or peaks in the road, I'd like to keep it that way.

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronan View Post
    Melon, Love your E30. I have been AutoXing my E30 318is for probably 5 years now. I race with my local BMWCCA group and I am usually in the top 15 raw and top 5-7 BMW's at the event with easily half the hp. I have basically the same suspension setup as you except 2 years ago I switched the front springs to IE Coilover conversion with 450lb springs. It has made a huge difference! I consistently beat S52 e30's and I am really competitive against new M2's. Best 400-500 ever spent. I run 15X8 with RE71's.

This past weekends run. Top Video is me. Just sealed my 2nd overall championship in a row. You can be very competitive. Good luck!
    Thanks man!

I've been looking into the GC kit, or going with the cheaper full coilover kit. BC Racing.

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    So my battery decided to spill acid. I washed it down at the even with water, and cleaned it up, so, very little paint damage in the trunk, it's fixable.

Looking at getting one of these. If I'm correct a Type 48 fits out cars, even though it's not listed on the website.

Last edited by Melon; 11-25-2019, 06:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronan View Post
    Melon, Love your E30. I have been AutoXing my E30 318is for probably 5 years now. I race with my local BMWCCA group and I am usually in the top 15 raw and top 5-7 BMW's at the event with easily half the hp. I have basically the same suspension setup as you except 2 years ago I switched the front springs to IE Coilover conversion with 450lb springs. It has made a huge difference! I consistently beat S52 e30's and I am really competitive against new M2's. Best 400-500 ever spent. I run 15X8 with RE71's.

This past weekends run. Top Video is me. Just sealed my 2nd overall championship in a row. You can be very competitive. Good luck!
    The link isn't working :( says not available.

Leave a comment:

• Ronan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    Originally posted by Albie325 View Post
    Man, the exhaust sounds mean! Glad to see you out enjoying the car
    It won't ever get FTD, but it's so much fun to thrash around.

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    Finished up a 2-Day Event in New Orleans.

I picked up a set of 15x7 Kosei K1's and put 205/50/15 RE-71R's on them.
    The allure of cheap tires was too good to pass up.

I'm finishing right in the middle of RAW times, and same general area in PAX.
    I'm getting raw-dogged by a dude in a Mustang. SAD!

H&R Sports are too soft, as has been said many times before. The car is rolling around too much, I'm losing grip in the corners, coupled with the lack of raw power, it's not a good combo.
    I'll keep running the car for the season, but over the summer break in 2020 I'll probably look to upgrade to coilovers.

Also, had a nasty gas leak at the overflow tank in the rear wheel well, crimp came loose, fortunately someone had a small hose clamp and I was able to get it fixed.

I picked up a GoPro so I'll start recording my runs, but for now all I got is trackside video.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X