Slipstreams for track wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fretburnr View Post
    I'm looking to get a set of the 16x8 slips to run wider rubber than my 7" wheels.

the only azenis i can find in a 16" size is a 215/45-16 (same as my rs2s)... in order to go to a 225 it looks like you have to oversize at 50 profile.

am i looking in the wrong place?
    I bought my 225/45 RS-2 from Discount Tire.
    :: PNW Crew ::
    '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Thanks for the info guys i think ill be getting some in the next few weeks.

Still Debating b/w 15 or 16 gut i now have an idea ow wahat they weigh
      Dan Zickel
      1995 M3, 1991 318iS, 1987 325iS

Comment

I think I weighed mine in at about 16 lbs.

I'm running 225/40-16 falken ziex 512's and I'm pretty sure you'd need a 5 mm spacer up front to clear 245's.

Comment

I am not gonna run 245, but thanks for the heads up. I think i am going to get the 15x8 and run 205 azenis. I don't like the semi stretched look, but it will have to do. It is the only way i can keep up with the subies in my class. I am about 1.5 seconds slower then the subies and the 325 in my class they are running azenis.. i am on BFG Traction... anyway my 318 is still underpowered (For now...) but i think i can at least close the gap by about a second.

Right now it is like a drift competition out there with me lol
          Dan Zickel

Comment

15!

I have the 15x8's and run 225/45/15 hoosiers. They are pretty hawt.

Comment

205 azenis are pretty wide. They arent horribly stretched. I ran this setup last season in STX. Let me dig up a picture...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by backtrail69 View Post
                  I bought my 225/45 RS-2 from Discount Tire.
                  i like my rs2s, but i was considering trying the azenis out on a bigger wheel.. that's what the sizing info i found was for.

2002maniac, did you need any spacers for the 15s? i know the 16s fit just fine, but it seems like a 15 would be verrry close to the strut.
                  Jay

Comment

IIRC, in the begining of the GB I was informed that race rubber was heavier for the 15" than for the 16". That being said the 16"'s are alitte heavier than the 15"'s, I weighed mine (15") in at ~14.2. So it is a coin toss, pick the one that comes in the color that you want. I had to roll the sh!t out of my fenders with my gc set up (no camber plates, es100's). Good Luck
                    bmpr stkr: real racers go left and right... so tru

Comment

Originally posted by Herb View Post
                      IIRC, in the begining of the GB I was informed that race rubber was heavier for the 15" than for the 16". That being said the 16"'s are alitte heavier than the 15"'s, I weighed mine (15") in at ~14.2. So it is a coin toss, pick the one that comes in the color that you want. I had to roll the sh!t out of my fenders with my gc set up (no camber plates, es100's). Good Luck

I don't think I can go wider than 205 with my 16x8 setup without rubbing my already rolled fronts.
                      I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Thanks 2002 Maniac. My car is alomst the same as yours, and that is what i wanted mine to look like. What color did you get?
                        Dan Zickel

Comment

Originally posted by fretburnr View Post
                          2002maniac, did you need any spacers for the 15s? i know the 16s fit just fine, but it seems like a 15 would be verrry close to the strut.
                          the 225 hoosiers rub slightly on the strut. I use 1/4 spacers up front but 3mm should be enough. Keep in mind the hoosiers have a 9.8" section width (!!!) and 225 street tires fit fine with no rubbing.

Comment

Originally posted by E30Driv3R View Post
                            Thanks 2002 Maniac. My car is alomst the same as yours, and that is what i wanted mine to look like. What color did you get?
                            Thanks, they are steel gray.

Comment

My es100 rubbed the strut, but my shop said it was all supperficial. The es's are wider in the side wall due the the "beed protector", which is what rubbed.
                              bmpr stkr: real racers go left and right... so tru

Comment

Working...
                              X