No announcement yet.

Unbelievably cheap r-comps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good price but I hated that tire. Some really liked though.

I'd use them for track days at least but only the 225's. Oh well.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by Joe318is View Post
      $85 a peice plus free shipping on new 225/50-14 Hoosier A3S05's when they were on sale. Im good for another season [if i have enough front camber]
      yep, mine always wear out at around that time. I expect I'll pick up the A3S06's around the same time next year :p
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
        What are you guys gonna do with 185 width tires? Put them on your Metro?

-Charlie
        Haha.

Comment

Next time I'm keeping my fuckin mouth shut. They were out of 195's when I went to order them.

When does Hoosier have it's sale?
          85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
          e30 restoration and V8 swap
          24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

I'll sell you my 195's for $400+s&h...

:D
            '89 325i track sloot
            '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

when they discontinue a tire. s05s were replaced by a6's which were one upped by v710s so hoosier will respond and discontinue the a6's sometime soon.

Ive run them in 4 events [~20 runs] and they look fine but i doubt they will last all of next season.

Originally posted by vlad
              Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

when they discontinue a tire. s05s were replaced by a6's which were one upped by v710s so hoosier will respond and discontinue the a6's sometime soon.

Ive run them in 4 events [~20 runs] and they look fine but i doubt they will last all of next season.
                The 710 was actually competition for the SO4 but the SO4 sucked and they replaced them with the SO5 and the A6 is a step up from the 710 but they wear out REALLY fast now.
                I've heard some of them only get like 20-30 runs in them.

Kumho has given up. They haven't even expanded the sizes.

Or did I misunderstand what you said?
                Last edited by joshh; 10-10-2007, 11:02 PM.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

No no, youre right. Replace V710 with BFG R1's, brain fart.

Either way, its a competitive market where the technology is always improving so last years rave new tire is the next years discount/starter tire.

Originally posted by vlad
                  Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

No no, youre right. Replace V710 with BFG R1's, brain fart.

Either way, its a competitive market where the technology is always improving so last years rave new tire is the next years discount/starter tire.
                    God I hope so. If someone doesn't challenge Hoosier, we might be stuck with the fast wearing A6 for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Brew View Post
                      Looks like 225/45-15s are sold out already. Goddammit.

+1
                      I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                        What are you guys gonna do with 185 width tires? Put them on your Metro?

-Charlie

tru dat.....
                        I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
                          Next time I'm keeping my fuckin mouth shut. They were out of 195's when I went to order them.

When does Hoosier have it's sale?

late winter/early spring

I like my 05's.. much better than the 04s in the grip department. But my 04's lasted forever, and I'm not competitive enough that it makes much difference. the 04's were a great tire to learn on though.

I doubt hoosier is just going to sit around and do nothing. I mean, they've been coming out with new models on a yearly basis.. what makes you think there won't be an A7?
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                          X