No announcement yet.

New 15x8 wheel coming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, because this deal is already moving forward there is no need to pre-order or put a deposit down. As details come in and the time gets closer there may be pre-order options, I'll be sure to let everyone know. Cheers.
    Jack Money
    http://www.Elephant Motorsports.com

>> AST 4100 for BMW E30 $1649 <<

AST Monotube Dampers and Coilover Kits - Full Service Dealer
    Schroth Safety Products Distributor

BMW Replacement Parts - 24/7 Secure Online Ordering

Comment

cool!
      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Whoa. Sexy wheel, great prices, and love the sizing. After koseis, I only want direct fit wheels, so THANK YOU! When I need my next set of tires for the track, I want a set of these to put them on.

Comment

This could be the start of a new trend, Hasta la vista Remembers.

Comment

If the target weight and price-point are met, these will be flying out of Tire Rack's warehouses :D

OT - what do you track stars recommend for HPDE's on R comps (225/50): 7", 7.5" or 8"?
            I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

For a 225.50.15 I would go with at least 7.5" if not 8" to have perfectly flat shoulders. But That's only me...
              Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

The wheel width needed varies from tire to tire. For a 225/45 Hoosier yeah, 8" for sure. For a Toyo RA-1 a 7" wheel is fine where 7.5 might be ideal. I think there are many other factors which can be optimized long before wheel width is really the deciding issue but if you have a wheel width choice then obviously take the best you can get. ; )

As for track tires.....Toyo RA-1. No need to ever run any other tire in a DE unless you get something for free or near free. Toyo's last damn near forever (if you treat them right), are plenty fast (if you use them right), and there simply is no other tire that offers the best compromise for a track tire. We drove to and from Putnam a few years ago (I think it was '05) on a set of RA-1's that had sat outside over the winter. They'd originally been heat cycled in like '99 but still had some decent tread on them. We drove to the event, 2 of us shared the car (instructor and A group) then drove home. I think I ran them in one more even before finally dumping them - and it hurt to do it cuz there was still life in them.

Cheers.
                Jack Money

Comment

Nice work on the wheels! This will definitely fill a void.

Originally posted by markseven View Post
                  If the target weight and price-point are met, these will be flying out of Tire Rack's warehouses :D

OT - what do you track stars recommend for HPDE's on R comps (225/50): 7", 7.5" or 8"?
                  I like the Nitto NT-01's.

Comment

Thank you for the fast reponse and insight.

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                    For a 225.50.15 I would go with at least 7.5" if not 8" to have perfectly flat shoulders. But That's only me...
                    I'm leaning toward 8", for whatever reason I always feel "the wider the better" with rims/tires.

The wheel width needed varies from tire to tire. For a 225/45 Hoosier yeah, 8" for sure. For a Toyo RA-1 a 7" wheel is fine where 7.5 might be ideal. I think there are many other factors which can be optimized long before wheel width is really the deciding issue but if you have a wheel width choice then obviously take the best you can get. ; )

As for track tires.....Toyo RA-1. No need to ever run any other tire in a DE unless you get something for free or near free. Toyo's last damn near forever (if you treat them right), are plenty fast (if you use them right), and there simply is no other tire that offers the best compromise for a track tire. We drove to and from Putnam a few years ago (I think it was '05) on a set of RA-1's that had sat outside over the winter. They'd originally been heat cycled in like '99 but still had some decent tread on them. We drove to the event, 2 of us shared the car (instructor and A group) then drove home. I think I ran them in one more even before finally dumping them - and it hurt to do it cuz there was still life in them.

Cheers.
                    I didn't think of different brands having different widths... I have a hook up for NT01's - will 15x8 work for those?
                    I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
                      I didn't think of different brands having different widths... I have a hook up for NT01's - will 15x8 work for those?
                      Different tires in the same "size" are absolutely different in actual width, no doubt about it. The Hoosier is one of, if not the, widest 225 tire out there. IIRC, it's wider than the 235/40/17 RA-1. The 225/50 and 45 RA-1's are a fair bit a narrower with the 45 being wider than the 50. And the new R888's are wider than the old RA-1's in the same size. Not sure about the Nitto's. The biggest thing for a DE tire is wear, period. That's why the RA-1's are the best, I don't think anything will last as long as them. And they are pretty consistent that whole time too.
                      Jack Money

Comment

Looks good

subscribed

Comment

One of my customers runs K1's on both of his MR2's and has told/shown me they require a special type of lug, Different cone area IIRc, will the same hold true with thest wheels, or will a Lug stud/nut kit be all that is required?

Comment

The Kosei's do not require a special lug at all, at least not in any of the BMW applications, not sure about others. I've used Kosei's in every variety they've sold for BMW, they all utilize the standard BMW lug bolt and cone shape.

Any wheels that are made specifically for BMW's will use typical BMW cone shape so that stock lug bolts can be used. No worries.
                            Jack Money

Comment

good specs, looks nice, and excellent in the price department. Great work!
                              Jay

Comment

I WANT!!!

:pimp:
                                Build : Das Drehmoment Ungeheuer

Comment

Working...
                                X