Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noob coming over from the e30 R3v side

Hello all,

Just picked up a used 2015 m235i convertible and set up an account. I really enjoyed all the help and community on R3v for the e30, so thanks in advance for all of the sage wisdom on this site. I have already found the solution to the low adaptive headlamp issue. I can't believe someone drove my car for 5 years with the cutoff aimed 30 feet out on the blacktop.

My car was missing the mobility kit, so I ordered one on ebay. Also picked up the two missing rear headrests. Got the car with 25k miles for $21k so willing to get it right.

Quick question I have yet to find the answer to; Do you really have to pull the door twice to open? Really?

It also stated that you have to hit the stop button twice, but I read the manual and it drops the retained accessory power when you lock it. I assume it also times out.

Will be doing some of my own preventative maintenance so will be searching for oil change reset info, etc.

Thx again for having a great resource.
    attachment.php?s=ab5fde6d6ae2295f1b802645b90d369b&attachmentid=2223298&stc=1&d=1579585629.jpg

The double handle pull is only when the vehicle locks, so I guess if it were that annoying you'd have to unlock the car fist then you'll be at a single pull.

You can press once and the car will always completely shut off.

Service reset procedure is simple and can be easily found on YouTube.

Those engines don't really need much at that kind of mileage. Once you get near 60k, then stuff starts to leak and break.
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Nice 2er! I think its the most under appreciated car BMW makes and oddly every time I see one its a convertible!

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
      @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Spammer. Copy paste of another forum post from 4 years ago.
        And he had a hidden link in his sig.

Comment

The 2er always disappoints.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by michaelcord View Post
            Hello all,

Just picked up a used 2015 m235i convertible and set up an account. I really enjoyed all the help and community on R3v for the e30, so thanks in advance for all of the sage wisdom on this site. I have already found the solution to the low adaptive headlamp issue. I can't believe someone drove my car for 5 years with the cutoff aimed 30 feet out on the blacktop.

My car was missing the mobility kit, so I ordered one on ebay. Also picked up the two missing rear headrests. Got the car with 25k miles for $21k so willing to get it right.

Quick question I have yet to find the answer to; Do you really have to pull the door twice to open? Really?

It also stated that you have to hit the stop button twice, but I read the manual and it drops the retained accessory power when you lock it. I assume it also times out.

Will be doing some of my own preventative maintenance so will be searching for oil change reset info, etc.

Thx again for having a great resource.
            attachment.php?s=ab5fde6d6ae2295f1b802645b90d369b&attachmentid=2223298&stc=1&d=1579585629.jpg
            Double handle pull only occurs when the vehicle is locked.

Comment

Working...
            X