Blocking users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blocking users

It looks like we don't have the ability to block users any more? Seeing some IM's from spammers/noobie accounts, and I thought we used to be able to block the accounts..
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Yeah, I've gotten several messages from bullshit accounts spamming me, no way to report the message or profile!

Comment

Lol
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Fucking hell..

Anyway, I can ban them, but it's harder with PMs because I can't just click a button to ban them and delete all their posts/pms. I have to manually copy and paste their name into a ban list. But I suspect it will be fruitless, because they'll just make a new account with a different name. It seems most spammers only use their account once or twice, knowing it will get banned.

The sucky part is as far as I know I'm the only active mod with ban powers at the moment. But you can post the names here and I can check in once in a while to remove them..
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          Fucking hell..

Anyway, I can ban them, but it's harder with PMs because I can't just click a button to ban them and delete all their posts/pms. I have to manually copy and paste their name into a ban list. But I suspect it will be fruitless, because they'll just make a new account with a different name. It seems most spammers only use their account once or twice, knowing it will get banned.

The sucky part is as far as I know I'm the only active mod with ban powers at the moment. But you can post the names here and I can check in once in a while to remove them..
          Is there a R3V help wanted section to post up for moderators needed?

Or fix the captcha?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

It doesn't matter because nobody except James or JasonC can make people moderators, make changes to the system, etc.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by luckywin
              I had a lot of harvest after seeing this post of yours! Before, I used to play games <spammer link deleted>, this is a fun game for entertainment, but now I will follow you, read your articles will have more knowledge.
              James Crivellone - can we have a discussion on blocking these assholes forever? Our existing spam/registration filters clearly are not working. I have ideas, but I'm guessing I don't have any more time than you do, lol. #help
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
              X