Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The po on it originally painted the at Dakar when they dropped that color for the m3
    sigpic

1985 528e turbo project sold
    1987 325is Hellrot _ r.i.p
    1988 Seta Alpine white _ impound
    1987 325is Delphin Gray_sold
    1987 325is Zinno _ ?sold
    1988 325is Alpine White _sold
    1991 318i Zinno Gone....

Current:
    1988 s52 325ic Shwartz
    1968 2002 PROJECT JBRIDGE
    1992 525i/5 Glanzschwarz DailyCruiser

BAVARIANS AND SCANDINAVIANS DON'T GET ALONG...
    NEiTHER DOES MY LEFT AND RIGHT NUT
    BUT HEY TOGETHER THEY MAKE ONE HELL OF A FUCKING TEAM:)

Comment

don't think dakar yellow belongs on an e30 m3.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
      my feedback thread

Comment

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

well that e30 pulls it off well. i just don't think it belongs on anything other than an e36 m3. and even then, they have to be well done in order to pull the color off.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
          my feedback thread

Comment

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

M3s are a moneypit in the details. I can definitely see how a cheap M3 can potentially be a terrible investment.

Barry, Jim and Dave pretty much made mine remotely cobbled together.
              1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
              1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
              1974 2002tii / stock
              2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

of course, as with anything of that nature. however, i wouldn't be really driving it for a while so it wouldn't be too bad while it gets put back together.

my feedback thread

Comment

A taste of my refinished RS 262 and 263 17x8.5 and 9. Going to be 225/40/17 front and 235/40/17 rear.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I like the way those lips look, better than the step ones.
                    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                      A taste of my refinished RS 262 and 263 17x8.5 and 9. Going to be 225/40/17 front and 235/40/17 rear.
                      what's the offset on the front? Will you need spacers?

Sent from my SGH-T769
                      Wheelwell

Shadowline Motorsport: LED & 3D Printed Accessories - 10% off for new customers!
                      LED Bulb Thread
                      R6 LED Review

Comment

Edwin, they are drop lips, 1" all around. I did not want to have the hub shaved to get slant lips, instead I would rather buy new RS's that don't have to be altered so much to get the correct offset.

DJmoss: I need to recalculate offset, they were 17x8 et 35, now 17x8.5 et? Only the lip was changed from a .5" to 1". I was running 12mm spacers up front to widen it out, and give clearance to the sway bar under lock, but they did fit fine other than that. I estimate running a 5mm spacer will be about perfect fitment now with the slightly wider rubber that I will now be using.

EDIT: I may actually decide to sell them, as now they will be the nicest item on the car, as well as the value of them is now worth selling. I have 4 extra waffles and flat caps...

Comment

that sounds about right a half inch is about 12.5 mm so that should put you around ET23 if I'm calculating that right?

Sent from my SGH-T769
                          Wheelwell

Shadowline Motorsport: LED & 3D Printed Accessories - 10% off for new customers!
                          LED Bulb Thread
                          R6 LED Review

Comment

^Today I do not want to do any math. Have had a migraine since yesterday. I could barely unpack the wheels. I am 5 lugged with e36 M3 front and 318ti rear, to give you an idea of offsets required. My style 42s x8 et 20 are perfect fitment, while the RS's rear has about 3mm of clearance tucked halfway up the sidewall, fenders rolled, no rubbing unless its a VERY hard bump.

EDIT: front will be 17x8.5 et 29
                            Last edited by R3Z3N; 12-18-2013, 02:43 AM.

Comment

I feel ya, man! Had a long day myself.

Sent from my SGH-T769
                              Wheelwell

LED Bulb Thread
                              R6 LED Review

Comment

Customer at work got offended because I said Happy Holidays.
                                She arrogantly replied Merry Christmas in a tone as if she felt sorry for me.

I thought I was being the considerate one..

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Working...
                                X