-136,000 miles reported
    -failed smog in 2007
    -passed smog in 2009
    -accident in 2009
    -owner said he non-op'ed it after

DT.

Comment

is that why the hood is misaligned?
      Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

Originally posted by smooth View Post
        ... Not sure why anyone would drag a car all the way down from Washington to turn around and sell it for a third of what it costs to get it down here (either drove it for $500 dollars in gas or hauled it with a $300 dollar car hauler + fuel)....
        that is ridiculous! It costs nowhere near $500 in gas to drive it down. Ive done the drive plenty of times and $200 is on the high side, but realistic

shame though, my friend in WA would love that car.
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best...493372708.html
          - 91 318is - let the fun begin

WTB: Bilstein Sports/Koni Sports - IE3/HR Springs

Comment

you've driven a car from southern california to washington "plenty of times" for $200?
            such bullshit lmao

Comment

I lived in Seattle for the last 7 years, parents live in San Jose. Ive done the drive down twice in the last 6 months alone. Once with a 77 rabbit with a 4 speed and just did it again in my E30. Never cost more than $200. Less if I just went to NorCal. Im also driving back up in a month. Round trip might be $500 with all the in between driving
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                I lived in Seattle for the last 7 years, parents live in San Jose. Ive done the drive down twice in the last 6 months alone. Once with a 77 rabbit with a 4 speed and just did it again in my E30. Never cost more than $200. Less if I just went to NorCal
                listen bud, San Jose is about 5-6 hours closer to Washington than Fullerton in a rig. That's another day of traveling just by itself not even counting from Washington, through Oregon, down through Sac, and into Southern California.

If you're college age and you can rely on couches and parents like you're talking about. But normal adults don't usually travel like that and don't move cross country like that.

Washington to California is a three day move, at best, hauling ass. No one in their right mind is going to haul a 20+ year old car across three states just to sell it here for a couple hundred dollars more than they would get just letting it go cheaply before they left...unless they got here and found out it's going to be a pain in the ass registering it. PITA registering in California == smog issues.

Tell me about your realistic scenario where someone hauled a car behind a uhaul for three states just so they could sell it for $1500 when they got here? Scooting your rabbit and a bag of clothes across states to visit family is no where close to a cross country move. Not even in the same ballpark.

Comment

Originally posted by smooth View Post
                  listen bud, San Jose is about 5-6 hours closer to Washington than Fullerton in a rig. That's another day of traveling just by itself not even counting from Washington, through Oregon, down through Sac, and into Southern California.

If you're college age and you can rely on couches and parents like you're talking about. But normal adults don't usually travel like that and don't move cross country like that.

Washington to California is a three day move, at best, hauling ass. No one in their right mind is going to haul a 20+ year old car across three states just to sell it here for a couple hundred dollars more than they would get just letting it go cheaply before they left...unless they got here and found out it's going to be a pain in the ass registering it. PITA registering in California == smog issues.

Tell me about your realistic scenario where someone hauled a car behind a uhaul for three states just so they could sell it for $1500 when they got here? Scooting your rabbit and a bag of clothes across states to visit family is no where close to a cross country move. Not even in the same ballpark.
                  I quoted you saying they drove it down for $500. Towing a u-Haul is and dragging the car behind them is another story. When I moved down in September, I also hauled a rig down here. My move took two days, just like all my drives. I drive from Seattle to San Jose (3 stops, for fuel) then drive to SoCal then next day. Im not of college age either, just maybe have balls when compared to most people who do long drives. Dont go jumping to conclusions, then backtrack when someone who has done it proves you wrong.
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

No offence bro..........Listen bud.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      I quoted you saying they drove it down for $500.
                      You chopped my sentence in half. Not exactly "quoting" someone...

Towing a u-Haul is and dragging the car behind them is another story. When I moved down in September, I also hauled a rig down here. My move took two days, just like all my drives. I drive from Seattle to San Jose (3 stops, for fuel) then drive to SoCal then next day. Im not of college age either, just maybe have balls when compared to most people who do long drives. Dont go jumping to conclusions, then backtrack when someone who has done it proves you wrong.
                      who's backtracking? LMAO.
                      when you moved here it only costs you $200 bucks in fuel? I still say bullshit. *You* said it costs you $200 bucks to drive your little rabbit here for a visit with your parents...that's believable. But how much did it cost you to move here? How much does it cost to tow a car across three states?

Or you think someone drove this non-op car down here and decided to sell it when they arrived?

Comment

I chopped it up so I wouldnt have to quote the essays you write. I've only said that it does NOT cost $500 to drive down from Washington to California.

I mentioned my FOUR speed rabbit because it was running at 4000+rpms on the whole drive down so it barely managed 20mpg. So lets do some simple math: $40 a tank (10 gallon tank and $4 per gallon) and 1200 miles that equals ... wait for it... $200. The E30 pulled 28 mpg so it was less than the $200. I drove the rabbit down here to sell it because I had already moved to SoCal and it wasnt selling in Washington.

When I visited my parents it costs much less, especially when I had my diesel cars, but thats another can of worms. Do you have any proof that it would cost that much to drive? Ive given you examples that Ive done firsthand, so I know Im not bullshitting...
                        Last edited by 2mAn; 06-19-2014, 02:43 PM. Reason: making it easier for old people to read...
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

you did the move yourself. how much did it cost you to drive your rig down hauling a car?

quit talking out your ass about how much it took you to drive your rabbit or e30 down here to visit because it's not relevant to hauling a non-op e34 last registered in 2009 from Washington to California.

Comment

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

at least I bother to use paragraphs

Comment

its obvious we're talking about two different things. You keep talking about HAULING a rig/ towing a car, Im talking about DRIVING the car. I never said I towed a car. Thats what you keep going back to, even though I never once said I towed any of the cars... Im not talking out of my ass either, but its obvious you are ignoring that, so I'll just stop since its going on deaf ears
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X