X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeLani View Post
    Was that a run for your money? Heard its hell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It was already converted when I got the car. I think my compressor is shot though.

Comment

Does it feel any different than how the ac is with the stock refridgerant?

1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
      1998 e36 328ic/5 -
      Roundie alpina pig cheekā€™d (1969)
      1967 2002 parts car
      1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Originally posted by JeLani View Post
        Does it feel any different than how the ac is with the stock refridgerant?

Couldn't tell you. My compressor squeals like hell when i turn it on so i never run it. Plus i never had it when it was charged with the R14.

Comment

Originally posted by Cayoncrusier93 View Post
          I need to join your club. My E30 hasn't had A/C since i bought it, which was 4 years ago. It was Already converted to R134 so i think i need a new compressor.
          I had fresh r12 when I had my m20 in there 4 years ago. The compressor blew out and I didn't know how to get around it, bought a compressor from Terry (Qukmbr) but never installed it, for fear of leaking again. R12 was way cooler, I will say that but r134 is fine.
          Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
          Welcome to the club. I even turn it on at night just because, now I can.
          Yuuup, that's what I'm doing. ;D
          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

[QUOTE=IRON-E;4679852]I had fresh r12 when I had my m20 in there 4 years ago. The compressor blew out and I didn't know how to get around it, bought a compressor from Terry (Qukmbr) but never installed it, for fear of leaking again. R12 was way cooler, I will say that but r134 is fine.

I'm going to try to tension my belt a little more. How do i know if the compressor is shot? Right now mine sqeals when i turn it on. Don't know if it's belt or compressor related.

Comment

anyone want to take a box of bradd penn 20w50 off my hands?
              Last edited by 25thh0ur; 08-22-2016, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cayoncrusier93 View Post
                I'm going to try to tension my belt a little more. How do i know if the compressor is shot? Right now mine sqeals when i turn it on. Don't know if it's belt or compressor related.
                Sounds like your compressor is out of hydraulic fluid, which means it's no bueno.
                @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

I have r134a in mine and it blows stone cold !!!! I have to turn the vents away because it gets so damn cold it makes my knuckles hurt lol.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
                    I have r134a in mine and it blows stone cold !!!! I have to turn the vents away because it gets so damn cold it makes my knuckles hurt lol.
                    Does the r134 ac look different than the r12 ? I think the po did the swap in mine since my ac is ice cold but still it could be a charged r12
                    FS: Plug n Play Second Trunk Light !
                    My Parts for Sale Thread~

x 1984 325e 2.7i ~ CastroMotorsport Built x Daily Driven

Comment

The fittings are different. Easy to find out, Google a pic, take the cap off, and compare.

Currently building a badass coffee table
                      Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

I just recently achieved my first cold a/c in an e30 after 8 years and 4 e30s. WHAT'S UP CALIFORNIA HEAT!?!?!?!?!
                        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I haven't had ac in an e30 in almost 20 years but now I feel like reinstalling. It's nice to be able to cruise around comfortably.
                          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

E30 and ac. What's going on in this world lol

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                              I haven't had ac in an e30 in almost 20 years but now I feel like reinstalling. It's nice to be able to cruise around comfortably.
                              Do your m3's not have ac ?? :crazy:
                              FS: Plug n Play Second Trunk Light !
                              My Parts for Sale Thread~

x 1984 325e 2.7i ~ CastroMotorsport Built x Daily Driven

Comment

It's the beginning of the end.

The worst was when I was a weed delivery guy for a summer, and I had no a/c and my sunroof flew off on the freeway one night. I had half a tan body, a seat soaked with butt sweat and an unlimited supply of mediocre weed.
                                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Working...
                                X