This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
    Might be a stupid question but how would I know which center rings I need for my car??
    IE. I have 17x9 str518 with a et22.?
    Originally posted by illest318i View Post
    So you would need a ring that has an inner center bore of 57.1 (E30 hub size) and an outer bore of 'x' (STR back hub bore size).
    Measure it and plug it into google. I'm sure something will come up, even if you're off by a little.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
      Thanks guys, i figured the elders would have good imput.

Z3 shifter it is.
      Edwin,

I put the 1.9 in my first daily driver and liked it but put a 3.0 in the Mtech and liked it better.

Cheers,

Jim
      sigpic

Comment

Morning everyone!

1991 325i
        flickr
        @sambhaskins

Comment

I just ordered the rings for my car. Less than $10 shipped. Mine needed 72.6-> 57.1
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by IronmanE30 View Post
            Edwin,

I put the 1.9 in my first daily driver and liked it but put a 3.0 in the Mtech and liked it better.

Cheers,

Jim
            Thank you my good man.
            Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            I just ordered the rings for my car. Less than $10 shipped. Mine needed 72.6-> 57.1
            I did that last week, the vibration on my steering completely went away. I paid less than $10 for the aluminum rings too.
            @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

I did that last week, the vibration on my steering completely went away. I paid less than $10 for the aluminum rings too.
              Perfect, I bought mine from a place that said they were based out of Sun Valley, so keeping the $$ local

I really needed this done quick because Im doing the Autoclub Speedway track event on Sunday and I know I will be going over 80mph on that straight.

Not really sure what I need to do to "prep" my car. Someone suggested bleeding the brakes, but I literally just did that ~ a month ago.

I will be changing the oil since its due and I will have an extra quart to add on the day of, because Ive heard that the 24v motor will start ticking, and this is extra insurance. Mine definitely was ticking at the last autocross event
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

For autoX my suggestions would be, less weight weight weight.
                Make sure your cooling system is up to par ie., fan clutch, electric fan, hoses and whatnot.
                @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

I will NOT remove Lukebox! :rofl: I want to be blasting DJ Shadow as Im ripping the turns

This is a HPDE, not auto-x btw. My car is already fairly light as is, but I will be removing some extra stuff that I wont need on the day of. Cooling system is all good, in fact a big improvement over the last event I did.
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

My enclosure is on quick disconnects for when i used to auto-x alot
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

I will NOT remove Lukebox! :rofl:
                      I have to take mine out to replace my sub. It's sucks =( But it sounds amazing when my sub isn't blown.
                      Last edited by Luke Girard; 09-15-2014, 12:56 PM.

Comment

I think Ive blown out one, probably two of the premium speakers... Blastin that isht! My entire stereo system needs an overhaul, except the Lukebox of course 8)
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

I will NOT remove Lukebox! :rofl: I want to be blasting DJ Shadow as Im ripping the turns.
                          I will be playing (give me shelter by The Rolling Stones) so look out bro. Did sign up for beginner or intermediate class? We are in intermediate class.
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

I think Ive blown out one, probably two of the premium speakers... Blastin that isht! My entire stereo system needs an overhaul, except the Lukebox of course 8)
                            Yeah when I got my e34 I replaced all the speakers with good working stock ones. I now have a 10.1 stereo system. Sounds better than any car I've ever been in! I get my new sub in the mail today and hopefully it'll last longer than the cheep $20 one I had last time lol. I spent $80 on this one and Luke told me this is the one I should buy so I'll see how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
                              I will be playing (give me shelter by The Rolling Stones) so look out bro. Did sign up for beginner or intermediate class? We are in intermediate class.
                              Im in the beginner class. This is my first HPDE ever.
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

I know someone in Simi valley, it's about $100 a pound but it's the real stuff. When you want to do it for reals, give me a shout. Make sure your drier/condenser/lines/compressor are in working order
                                the heat is unbearable now. could you post up the guys info?

1991 325i
                                flickr
                                @sambhaskins

Comment

Working...
                                X