Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think PDR can remove it. And it continues into the front door as well. Let me post a photo:

It looks like whatever hit it dragged up against the door(s) and made the panel wavey

It's a really clean car and runs great, but this guy is all over the place with his stories. To the point where I'm not sure I want to deal with it.
    world renown Harry Potter expert
    sigpic

Comment

To all you short shifter youngins:

I'm looking to replace the shifter bushings and so I thought, why not upgrade my stock shifter and go with something nice.
      I don't want something super notchy, as my f&f street race car days are over.

Please tell me what you chose and why?
      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Shady seller but the carfax looks good otherwise. Looks like it never left the LA/OC area either.

Go with the Z3 1.9. It's shorter but not as notchy as the more aggressive shifters.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

agreed on the 1.9
          sigpic

Comment

Also, who says you have to repair the door?...just drive it and use it the way the E39 5 series is supposed to be. It's going to get dinged and dented..especially the way the hood slopes down.
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
              Also, who says you have to repair the door?...just drive it and use it the way the E39 5 series is supposed to be. It's going to get dinged and dented..especially the way the hood slopes down.
              I passed on the car. Too many red flags from the get go. Really clean inside and out, but he gave me three different stories about how he acquired the car, and why he was selling the car.

For other interested parties, I got the price down to $4000.00. I'm sure you can swindle him down some more if you really wanted to.
              world renown Harry Potter expert
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                Shady seller but the carfax looks good otherwise. Looks like it never left the LA/OC area either.

Go with the Z3 1.9. It's shorter but not as notchy as the more aggressive shifters.
                Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
                agreed on the 1.9
                Thanks guys, i figured the elders would have good imput.

Z3 shifter it is.
                @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

I wonder what a PDR guy can do with my car. There are two that I think can be removed and they would put a big smile on my face

edit: This is more important than the dings. Does anyone know where I can get hubcentric rings for my wheels? I need a pair. My spacers are hubcentric to the E30 centerbore, but not for my wheels. Getting a vibration over 80mph and I plan on tracking the car next week so I need these ASAP
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Ultimately, the story starts over once you title it. A good car is a good car in my eyes.
                    1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                    1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                    1974 2002tii / stock
                    2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      edit: Does anyone know where I can get hubcentric rings for my wheels? I need a pair. My spacers are hubcentric to the E30 centerbore, but not for my wheels. Getting a vibration over 80mph and I plan on tracking the car next week so I need these ASAP
                      You and I need the same thing. I get nasty steering wobble when I hit 60
                      Originally posted by dvck
                      I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

ebay/jegs

just google the center bore and links for rings pop up

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                          ebay/jegs

just google the center bore and links for rings pop up
                          Might be a stupid question but how would I know which center rings I need for my car??
                          IE. I have 17x9 str518 with a et22.?
                          Originally posted by dvck
                          I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                            To all you short shifter youngins:

I'm looking to replace the shifter bushings and so I thought, why not upgrade my stock shifter and go with something nice.
                            I don't want something super notchy, as my f&f street race car days are over.

Please tell me what you chose and why?
                            i got a e60 shifter, it feels good short throws but it is a bit notchy

Comment

Has Anybody used ireland engineering for a driveshaft rebuild?

Comment

Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
                                might be a stupid question but how would i know which center rings i need for my car??
                                Ie. I have 17x9 str518 with a et22.?
                                IG: @_j.wn

Comment

Working...
                                X