This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by efficient View Post
    Just got pulled over for the 1st time in the e30. Supposedly pulled me over for my faded rear license plate and modified lights. Sheriff let me go though and just told me to fix it lol
    Mine is sort of faded, though I don't mind it.
    What do you mean modified lights? HIDs?

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by turge View Post
      What branch are you looking at joining and what career field are you trying to get into?

I was looking at joining the Air Force like a year ago to go into IT or Intelligence. Pretty much the main thing you should study up on is the math portion. That was the area I needed to improve. But there are guides out there to help you study. I take it you're going enlisted too? I'm probably doing ROTC when I go back to school, otherwise GG bank account.

First choice was the Navy, I wanted to be MA (Master at arms) which technically is Military police. That was last year, but now I'm interested in Army, and interested in the same MOS. I feel like being MP (Military Police) in the army will give me more experience. The Air Force is a good branch, for the smart people as I say lol, they require high scores on the ASVAB. I gotta improve on my MK (Math Knowledge) and WK (Word Knowledge) to get a high score.
      IG: @_j.wn

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
        Mine is sort of faded, though I don't mind it.
        What do you mean modified lights? HIDs?
        Don't know he didn't say and I didn't ask. I have a led for the rear plates and hids. Surprised he didn't say loud exhaust aswell

Comment

Hey all, I'm up in San Francisco and was looking at this touring that you fine folks have on CL down there: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb...789629166.html

A friend in the area said that it's been for sale for a while, has anyone taken a look at it or know anything about it?

Thanks for the hand, I really appreciate it!
          Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
          2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
          2010 Buell XB9SX
          2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
          1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
          1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
          1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
          2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
          2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

That touring is registered out of state. To make it CA legal you need to bring it to a CARB lab which on average is another few thousand dollars.
            If you want a touring, I might let mine go in a month or two.

Comment

Good to know! I'm looking for a good shell basically to drop an LS3 into, my coupe just got hit by a red light runner. Pm me about your car, I'm definitely interested, just sort of limited since my remains are sitting at a shop right now.
              Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
              2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
              2010 Buell XB9SX
              2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
              1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
              1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
              1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
              2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
              2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Originally posted by yert315 View Post
                That touring is registered out of state. To make it CA legal you need to bring it to a CARB lab which on average is another few thousand dollars.
                If you want a touring, I might let mine go in a month or two.
                But its a diesel so why would it have to go to a smog lab and cost big $$$$$$$$$?
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Anything car related going on tonight?
                  Anything you folks doing non-car related tonight that's interesting?

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Originally posted by wertyu78 View Post
                    Anything car related going on tonight?
                    Anything you folks doing non-car related tonight that's interesting?
                    You free tomorrow morning? There's a drive going on in L.A., meeting by 9:30am at 1200 Washington Blvd. Corner of Hoover in the Pep Boys parking lot.
                    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                      You free tomorrow morning? There's a drive going on in L.A., meeting by 9:30am at 1200 Washington Blvd. Corner of Hoover in the Pep Boys parking lot.

Sure, I could come out to that.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

No bicycle ride for Jew?
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                        My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                          No bicycle ride for Jew?
                          Unfortunately not, I'll come meet you to hand you your $tuff soon though.
                          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
                            But its a diesel so why would it have to go to a smog lab and cost big $$$$$$$$$?

Doesn't matter. Any grey market car needs to be put through the ringer before becoming fully Legal. Even a 1973 car would have to go through that despite being "pre-smog". Only cars built before 1963-ish? Are able to be signed over without issue (before import laws were put into effect).

These are the things I'm learning going through the process. It's not an easy or cheap one by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by dvck View Post
                              freeride53-

Putting them on blast shouldn't be your first course of action.

Even if the product wasn't as described, Shoot him/her a PM and give him the benefit of doubt and chance to correct things, in the end it only looks better on you if you do.

Give the person a reasonable amount of time to reply, everyone has a life, and vendors/business owners are usually busy with a handful of things.

After you get the response you'll know what to do from there.

Keep in mind that if you bought pieces for a 20+ yo car sight unseen (without photos) condition descriptions vary from person to person, my "mint" isn't necessarily the same as yours, vice-versa. However you bought from photos/descriptions, you should have gotten what you paid for.

Best of luck resolving this!
                              I have given him 2 days so far. Will wait till Monday.

Let's stop sugar coating sellers, I know I've taken on shit storms from buyers before but, Omar & I know first hand, that even if you lose out as the seller., you gotta do what's right.

You're only as good as your last transaction and, the only thing you have to uphold your credibility, is to make good with the buyers.

Put his name out, I'm sure if it had taken long for a Mod to get his stuff right, flags would've been risen already.

My 0.02
                              Gonna give him a little bit more time to respond.
                              Hope he does the right thing.

Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
                              Sina, my brother was in your very same situation about a month ago buying smileys from a guy on here that sells a bunch of them. The seller never responded to my brother that I know of, so that sucks. I think he just bit the bullet and fixed his set up. Hopefully its not the same seller.
                              <3
                              A fellow broke student.
                              Glad to know that it is not just me who has experienced this with him.
                              Will be in contact with you/your bro soon.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

San Diego peeps! Anyone down to lend a hand with replacing my alternator this weekend?
                                I have food and beer and much love.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                                1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                                1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                                2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Working...
                                X