This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, my driveshaft doesn't like tq.
    Where's a reputable place to get a new driveshaft? I've seen it posted a couple of times here before praising them!

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
      Where's a reputable place to get a new driveshaft? I've seen it posted a couple of times here before praising them!
      i think its like driveline services or something
      88 325is Five Speed
      Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by illest318i View Post
        Gawwwd, I hate studying. Anyone else here has or had trouble with the ASVAB.? :(
        What branch are you looking at joining and what career field are you trying to get into?

I was looking at joining the Air Force like a year ago to go into IT or Intelligence. Pretty much the main thing you should study up on is the math portion. That was the area I needed to improve. But there are guides out there to help you study. I take it you're going enlisted too? I'm probably doing ROTC when I go back to school, otherwise GG bank account.

Oceanside Driveline is pretty good.

Shaft Removal and Install (most vehicles) In-House Balancing Differential Parts, Service & Repair (most vehicles) Ring & Pinion & Bearing Overhaul Kits Complete Driveshaft Parts & Service BMW & Mercedes Drivelines Largest gear inventory in North County We Do Special Projects Custom Axles

----------------------------

On a side note....

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

:dot::dot:

Comment

Drivelines Inc is a custom driveshaft shop specializing in repairing, rebuilding, or fabricating brand new custom driveshafts.

Comment

Powertrain industries as well AK. We have been using them for over 20 years.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Thank you fellas. Researching the mentioned!

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Hey guys. Recently bought a set of euro smileys and grills from a well known vendor on here. I ordered the lights, being told that there was nothing wrong with the adjusters.

Lights arrive. The internals are extremely dirty. Surfaces corroded. Bezels destroyed.

Now, I am faced with a big dilemma. My goal was to have my car safer for the 600 drive home for christmas. Now, I need to shell out $90 on new adjuster screws, and another $20 on adjuster bushings. Already paid $20 for bezels half off at the junkyard.

I have messaged the vendor with detailed photos, no response yet.

When this is all done, I will have spent the same amount as for paying for new smileys outright.
                Very frustrating given the fact that I'm a student with a tight budget.

What do you guys suggest I do?

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Put them on blast and have them fix the problem. If they stand behind their products then they should do the honorable thing and help fix the situation.
                  Originally posted by dvck
                  I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Have you posted his contact information on 4chan yet? That should get him!

But seriously, don't do that.

Edit: Good lord, I already have 3,243 posts on this forum? I don't even know how to feel about this.
                    world renown Harry Potter expert
                    sigpic

Comment

freeride53-

Putting them on blast shouldn't be your first course of action.

Even if the product wasn't as described, Shoot him/her a PM and give him the benefit of doubt and chance to correct things, in the end it only looks better on you if you do.

Give the person a reasonable amount of time to reply, everyone has a life, and vendors/business owners are usually busy with a handful of things.

After you get the response you'll know what to do from there.

Keep in mind that if you bought pieces for a 20+ yo car sight unseen (without photos) condition descriptions vary from person to person, my "mint" isn't necessarily the same as yours, vice-versa. However you bought from photos/descriptions, you should have gotten what you paid for.

Best of luck resolving this!
                      sigpic

Comment

Sina, my brother was in your very same situation about a month ago buying smileys from a guy on here that sells a bunch of them. The seller never responded to my brother that I know of, so that sucks. I think he just bit the bullet and fixed his set up. Hopefully its not the same seller.
                        <3
                        A fellow broke student.

-NICK

Comment

Originally posted by turge;4297820[url
                          http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2141412-SoCal-General-Chat[/url]
                          Lmfao..... He doesn't even have a picture of his own car in there.

Luke, you need an e30 father figure.....
                          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Let's stop sugar coating sellers, I know I've taken on shit storms from buyers before but, Omar & I know first hand, that even if you lose out as the seller., you gotta do what's right.

You're only as good as your last transaction and, the only thing you have to uphold your credibility, is to make good with the buyers.

Put his name out, I'm sure if it had taken long for a Mod to get his stuff right, flags would've been risen already.

My 0.02
                            @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Just got pulled over for the 1st time in the e30. Supposedly pulled me over for my faded rear license plate and modified lights. Sheriff let me go though and just told me to fix it lol

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                                Just got pulled over for the 1st time in the e30. Supposedly pulled me over for my faded rear license plate and modified lights. Sheriff let me go though and just told me to fix it lol
                                lol that was like the 3rd time I got pulled over in my e30 although without the modified lights.

Speaking of which... I guess one of my brake lights was out so I got pulled over tonight. Cop was chill and just told me to fix my lights asap.

Comment

Working...
                                X