This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
    That happened to me a few months back. It was a bad wiper switch making intermittent contact.

Good to know! That it's in column correct? I had already replaced the relay that I thought was causing it.
    91 318is M50 swapped
    05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

So I'm at a crossroads rite now., my car has developed more of the known old leaks, including a bad radiator leak, so my plans of attack are:

A: Do a m/s5x swap, refresh as many seals and gaskets as possible without separating the headgasket, as long as it's in good condition and or low milage.

B: Pull my m20 out, do the headgasket and seals along with a refresh of the head and live happy for the next 15 years with a motor that I somewhat understand.

C: Leave as is and continue to do regular maintenance, save up more money and just buy a newer car.

What say you SCGC?
      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

I would do A or B of course but ..................option C means your getting out of the e30 seen then?
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

B.

because these engines will outlive us, seals go bad it's what they do, replace and continue to enjoy.
          sigpic

Comment

B., plus buy another car.
            Best decision I've made was to purchase a second car instead of borrowing a family member's in my time of need.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Best response ^ worthy of a double post.

Abbi for Vice President
              sigpic

Comment

I'm okay with this.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I agree with what has been said

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
                  Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

I have a second drivable car gents, just needs a little maintenance & and it'll be good to suit my everyday needs.

"B" was always the answer for me too, thanks for your input guys.
                    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by dvck View Post
                      Best response ^ worthy of a double post.

Abbi for Vice President
                      Originally posted by ak- View Post
                      I'm okay with this.
                      This doesn't bother me, but I must ask.
                      Abbi, what are your current views on foreign e30 policy? Is it in the best interest of R3vmerica to seek membership of warring countries who may favor Mercedes of Volkswagen over mother BMW? Please discuss.
                      world renown Harry Potter expert
                      sigpic

Comment

in for the debate / discussion.

Mr.Phreshkid; as president, would you have extra seats for a 2002 that you could sell to a potential voter & campaign starter?
                        sigpic

Comment

Are you trying to bribe a candidate?

Currently building a badass coffee table
                          Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by dvck View Post
                            in for the debate / discussion.

Mr.Phreshkid; as president, would you have extra seats for a 2002 that you could sell to a potential voter & campaign starter?
                            I will do my utmost to withhold all liberties and justices of e30 law. Read my lips: no new e30 taxes.

I did not have sexual relations with that 2002 woman, but I did keep a few sets of her better parts. Are you looking for perfection or something usable? Is color a huge factor?

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
                            Are you trying to bribe a candidate?
                            dvck, aka Monica 'Homewrecker' Lewinski will not be getting anywhere near my loins.
                            world renown Harry Potter expert
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                              So I'm at a crossroads rite now., my car has developed more of the known old leaks, including a bad radiator leak, so my plans of attack are:

A: Do a m/s5x swap, refresh as many seals and gaskets as possible without separating the headgasket, as long as it's in good condition and or low milage.

B: Pull my m20 out, do the headgasket and seals along with a refresh of the head and live happy for the next 15 years with a motor that I somewhat understand.

C: Leave as is and continue to do regular maintenance, save up more money and just buy a newer car.

What say you SCGC?

I say option B. If you're pulling the motor out, you should have a little fun with it. Stroke it, or even beef it up to turbo it.
                              sigpic

Comment

A girl gave me her number last night. Tonight her boyfriend told me not to call her again.

Better luck next time.

Currently building a badass coffee table
                                Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Working...
                                X